Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

15 Pages«<89101112>»
[Vision AI] misused's HearthRanger Decks - Witchwood Expansion
kamil234
#181 Posted : Monday, April 16, 2018 6:05:50 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 20 post(s)
pretty big misplay here: kills off 1/1 totem with 1/1 (seems ok..) but equips vinecleaver but just pass turn after (doesnt attack anything). It should kill off 4/2 , or at least go face for damage and spawn dudes.
I believe the cause is bot values the weapon charge too high?

https://imgur.com/EKsHffF

Here: uses purifier's maul with 6 minions on board, and hero powers last (miss 1 divine shield)

https://imgur.com/YUlCRuo

small misplay: uses freeze elemental to freeze the juggler, but then kills juggled with maul anyways (should freeze minion it will not kill, or face)

https://imgur.com/7hUgSGa

so far i've noticed with this deck, you may get stuck with more dead draws then previous deck (like double divine favor in a close matchup with both players having 2-3 cards in hand)
misused
#182 Posted : Monday, April 16, 2018 6:12:35 PM(UTC)
misused

Man

Was thanked: 108 time(s) in 58 post(s)
kamil234;55806 wrote:
pretty big misplay here: kills off 1/1 totem with 1/1 (seems ok..) but equips vinecleaver but just pass turn after (doesnt attack anything). It should kill off 4/2 , or at least go face for damage and spawn dudes.
I believe the cause is bot values the weapon charge too high?

https://imgur.com/EKsHffF

Here: uses purifier's maul with 6 minions on board, and hero powers last (miss 1 divine shield)

https://imgur.com/YUlCRuo

small misplay: uses freeze elemental to freeze the juggler, but then kills juggled with maul anyways (should freeze minion it will not kill, or face)

https://imgur.com/7hUgSGa

so far i've noticed with this deck, you may get stuck with more dead draws then previous deck (like double divine favor in a close matchup with both players having 2-3 cards in hand)

All of those sounds like bot problems. Vinecleaver has a natural buff to attack face as well as a suggestion to not attack if you have 6 minions. The bot isn't handling weapon hits correctly. Report all of those misplays in the bot and hope they get better soon.
kamil234
#189 Posted : Monday, April 16, 2018 6:24:32 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 20 post(s)
misused;55807 wrote:
All of those sounds like bot problems. Vinecleaver has a natural buff to attack face as well as a suggestion to not attack if you have 6 minions. The bot isn't handling weapon hits correctly. Report all of those misplays in the bot and hope they get better soon.

Done. Thanks
mixarms
#192 Posted : Monday, April 16, 2018 7:07:19 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Still wish you would upload to github so we could know exactly which files were changed
misused
#193 Posted : Monday, April 16, 2018 7:24:47 PM(UTC)
misused

Man

mixarms;55809 wrote:
Still wish you would upload to github so we could know exactly which files were changed

I don't have a Github that I can put stuff like this on. Sorry!
sparkiepcmr
#194 Posted : Monday, April 16, 2018 8:03:13 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
@misused, When I get some free time, I'll submit a config for a couple decks

Right now I'm thinking

- Standard Zoolock
- Standard Rush Warrior
- Wild Odd Paladin
- Wild Murloc Paladin
- Wild Burn Mage

We really should start focusing more on Wild, because it's an easier grind to rank 5 than standard (even using a standard deck in Wild).

Won't happen because the bot performs best with simpler decisions like when playing aggro decks:
- Standard Taunt Warrior
- Standard Taunt Druid
- Standard Cubelock (You would think the bot could always figure out a full board clear with defile)
- Wild Malygos Druid/Rogue
- Wild Jade Druid
- Wild Giantslock
- Wild Mill Rogue
misused
#195 Posted : Monday, April 16, 2018 8:25:19 PM(UTC)
misused

Man

sparkiepcmr;55811 wrote:
@misused, When I get some free time, I'll submit a config for a couple decks

Right now I'm thinking

- Standard Zoolock
- Standard Rush Warrior
- Wild Odd Paladin
- Wild Murloc Paladin
- Wild Burn Mage

We really should start focusing more on Wild, because it's an easier grind to rank 5 than standard (even using a standard deck in Wild).

Won't happen because the bot performs best with simpler decisions like when playing aggro decks:
- Standard Taunt Warrior
- Standard Taunt Druid
- Standard Cubelock (You would think the bot could always figure out a full board clear with defile)
- Wild Malygos Druid/Rogue
- Wild Jade Druid
- Wild Giantslock
- Wild Mill Rogue

Only problem with me is I'm limited on cards and dust. I'm not one to be putting in $20 a week onto a video game. I've only paid for the expansions and beat those. I'm currently running the 3 decks I got in the thread and I'm broke for everything else.
Merckqt
#196 Posted : Monday, April 16, 2018 9:14:50 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have virtually every major META deck, I will happily test them in ranked for you ranks 15-5. At 14 currently. If I can help with testing or whatever please let me know. Have most cards, most decks, very good comp that I built so I won't time out on turns.
edward870130
#197 Posted : Monday, April 16, 2018 11:38:08 PM(UTC)

last night I run odd baku aggro hunter 1.5 but WR is very low, I sure i use the current config.
BTW thank you for sharing new config keep upgraded . my WR 31.67 total play 48 games
Merckqt
#198 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2018 12:25:19 AM(UTC)

On the Baku Pally V 1.2, 1 important thing I noticed, over 100 games b0t with this deck, Previous version with config was 45% winrate in ranked at rank 15 with ~100 games. Currently using 1.2 and new config, at 57% winrate (21 games).
*STILL ON 1.2*

When you cleared the enemy board, have minions down and 1 durability left on weapon *with another weapon in hand* it wont always hit face...it should always hit face in this situation. No minions to hit on their team, you have board control and another weapon with enough mana for it. You should always finish your current weapon and hit face here at least with THIS deck 99.99% of the time. I over rode the b0t and proceeded to win the following turn by 1 dmg...wouldn't have won that turn without override. I know that not every situation is like this and its hard to code but with an aggro/baku deck like this you have to go face in that situation. pretty much always.
1 user thanked Merckqt for this useful post.
Habanero on 4/17/2018(UTC)
sammy6369
#200 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2018 5:45:47 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I tried to play the new paladin deck by my hand, the result is disappointed...
Like what misused said, playing against the same style paladin is a hard match :(
Also, I found that the deck is come from here: https://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/1083598-fastest-rank-5-odd-dude-paladin
He said he reached rank 5 from 20 in the first day of witchwood.
So I think it is not that effective after passed 3 days.
Nataniel88
#183 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2018 6:42:47 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 13 post(s)
misused;55807 wrote:

The thing with Glacial Shard can be fixed by config.

"BeforePlayCardBonus":
{
"values":
[
{
"comment":"Attack with minions first",
"condition": "my_minions(count(), tired = false) > 0",
"value":"-10",
},
],
}

With this bot will first attack with minions (and trade if necessary) and then freeze character that left. You can add it to your config if you want.
pinto2
#202 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2018 6:49:14 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
My bot will only queue for casual and won't do anything when it gets into a game..
Anyone know how to fix this? Will redownload the bot and see if that works.

EDIT: Didn't work to redownload the bot, still only wants to play casual, and won't even muligan.
EDIT2: https://i.imgur.com/PVoXjSG.png this is the text I get.
deathscthe
#201 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2018 9:16:06 AM(UTC)

sammy6369;55821 wrote:
I tried to play the new paladin deck by my hand, the result is disappointed...
Like what misused said, playing against the same style paladin is a hard match :(
Also, I found that the deck is come from here: https://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/1083598-fastest-rank-5-odd-dude-paladin
He said he reached rank 5 from 20 in the first day of witchwood.
So I think it is not that effective after passed 3 days.

Try running on casual first, bots won't be as effective on ladder yet. Most odd paladin are doing good against aggro and losing out to taunt druids and cube locks, so it depends on what decks you are facing.
misused
#199 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2018 11:32:07 AM(UTC)
misused

Man

Merckqt;55819 wrote:
On the Baku Pally V 1.2, 1 important thing I noticed, over 100 games b0t with this deck, Previous version with config was 45% winrate in ranked at rank 15 with ~100 games. Currently using 1.2 and new config, at 57% winrate (21 games).
*STILL ON 1.2*

When you cleared the enemy board, have minions down and 1 durability left on weapon *with another weapon in hand* it wont always hit face...it should always hit face in this situation. No minions to hit on their team, you have board control and another weapon with enough mana for it. You should always finish your current weapon and hit face here at least with THIS deck 99.99% of the time. I over rode the b0t and proceeded to win the following turn by 1 dmg...wouldn't have won that turn without override. I know that not every situation is like this and its hard to code but with an aggro/baku deck like this you have to go face in that situation. pretty much always.

That's a bot issue. It's too trained on saving the attack for next turn to help with board clear but there's really no way to do this correctly without brute forcing the deck to always attack face with weapon. Even then, that might not always be the correct play.

misused
#184 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2018 11:33:10 AM(UTC)
misused

Man

Nataniel88;55822 wrote:
The thing with Glacial Shard can be fixed by config.

"BeforePlayCardBonus":
{
"values":
[
{
"comment":"Attack with minions first",
"condition": "my_minions(count(), tired = false) > 0",
"value":"-10",
},
],
}

With this bot will first attack with minions (and trade if necessary) and then freeze character that left. You can add it to your config if you want.

We don't really want to always use Glacial Shard last. If you see misplays regarding it make sure you report it in the bot.
misused
#203 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2018 11:39:34 AM(UTC)
misused

Man

This deck seems to get slaughtered at Rank 5 against other Paladins. Currently it is 5-29 against other Paladins totaling a 14.7% winrate. I'm not entirely sure why that may be.

I'm also considering remove one Divine Favor and adding in another Ironbeak Owl. That way we have 2 Ironbeak Owls and 1 Divine Favors.
mixarms
#185 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2018 12:13:28 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 7 post(s)
misused;55827 wrote:
We don't really want to always use Glacial Shard last. If you see misplays regarding it make sure you report it in the bot.

Why would it be a bad thing to attack first and use glacial shard last?
zoloki
#204 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2018 12:19:45 PM(UTC)
zoloki

Woman

I can't seem to make it past rank 18 EU with Odd Baku Dude Paladin 1.2 or Odd Baku Aggro Hunter 1.5 :(
Not sure whats going on :(
misused
#186 Posted : Tuesday, April 17, 2018 12:22:25 PM(UTC)
misused

Man

mixarms;55829 wrote:
Why would it be a bad thing to attack first and use glacial shard last?

The general rule of thumb is to not brute force anything in the configs unless it's lethal. Configs serve as a way to suggest things for the bot to do depending on the deck. Making the bot always freeze after attacking opens up a variety of misplays. What if the opposing minion has an active like draw a card whenever attacked? Or Increase attack when attacked? Stuff like that makes it too complex for us to write a config for every possible scenario when you can rather report the issue in the bot itself and let Joy update it in a few days.
15 Pages«<89101112>»