Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

170 Pages«<117118119120121>»
Project Rank 5
HeartBuddy
#2395 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2017 6:07:13 AM(UTC)
HeartBuddy

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Got rank 5 tonight with Scotts wild pirate warrior on EU server.

Bot was running 2 days from 11pm - 2-4 am

Day 1: Rank 25 to 7
Day 2: Rank 7 to 5 (within 77 minutes!)

Will check if climbing ro higher ranks is possible the next days. Maybee the soon ending season provides good conditions for that.

Thanks to Scott, Dre, omgfrost & co. for the awesome work and ambitions. Hold on guys!

winrate wild pirate warrior
1 user thanked HeartBuddy for this useful post.
scottbreak on 1/25/2017(UTC)
omgfrost
#2396 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2017 10:13:20 AM(UTC)
omgfrost

Was thanked: 83 time(s) in 66 post(s)
syrk08
#2387 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2017 10:17:58 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
ustica;45369 wrote:
Why there is no Jade Druid deck mentioned in this thread?

I've only been able to get rank 3 with the jade druid, what settings are you using? I am still working on my combo file, it misplays the jade blossoms and Ava too much,
I've decide not to use warrior or shamen as everyone on ladder uses though, i want to use something else. I think we can make the jade shamen work, but we need to do
a few more changes, not sure on the bot control module in settings.txt , control misplays as... and its certainly not rush...
botwhat
#2397 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2017 11:46:47 AM(UTC)
botwhat

Was thanked: 225 time(s) in 58 post(s)
Syrk08 next season I play to work on more control oriented decks. Aggro is very easy to program since it's so straight forward. I know I'm new to the community but I'm a geek at heart. Is it sad to say I have just as much fun trying to program the bot to play better as I do actually playing the game? Next season though I'm going to focus on Dragon Priest and Jade Druid and maybe Control Warrior. For the Jade Druid I find that it plays it fairly well. The new deck list I'm using since I took Raven Idol out of the list is working considerably better. Problem is it's just to slow sometimes for aggro so the win rate just isn't that good. Second I'm working on combo files because I see times where it could very easily play Brann with a Jade Spirit or fandral with a Jade Idol but it doesn't. I think Jade Druid will be easier to fix than Dragon priest because most of the cards for Jade Druid are very straight forward in how they play and the Jade build up just happens from playing. With Dragon Priest which is one of the strongest decks on the ladder in my opinion I find the bot struggles to understand dragon based cards. In many situations it's better to not drop a minion and wait for a dragon so you get the dragon effect of the card but the bot even in Control mode if there is no board will drop your only dragon on the board and can mess up that combo for many turns. In testing my win rates are fairly good. I think with a little work it can be one of the better decks we use.

Dre I'm new at this but I've already been through all the docs on how to build the files so outside of starting to post some logs for the misplays I think I'm getting this figured out. I think you'll find I'm not a user but a contributor. I'll definitely help make these decks better if I can next season. Oh and I dropped from rank 5 all the way back to rank 16 playing with jade druid yesterday so the tempostorm list isn't he best one to use right now. I decided to give the devolve mid-range shaman deck and try and it's kicking ass right now. almost 70% win % from last night. I think there are so many people running aggro it's a good counter right now. I tried mid-range shaman earlier in the season and it did so so. Nothing amazing. Only change is adding devolve which I don't think is a huge game changer. I think I'm just getting better matchups.

I'll give up on the idea of getting legend with the bot and just grind from rank 5 to legend myself. Done it before was just looking for easy mode. Thanks all for your work.

oh one question. I hardly play paladin because it's kinda boring and slow right now but I do want to work on golden paladin hero. How does the wild Secret Paladin deck work in the new meta? Is it still valid?
fkeh
#2400 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2017 2:45:11 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
rank 5 with wild pirate warrior by scott on NA, 52% winrate, thankss
mrgodai
#2398 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2017 3:05:08 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 41 post(s)
botwhat;45390 wrote:

oh one question. I hardly play paladin because it's kinda boring and slow right now but I do want to work on golden paladin hero. How does the wild Secret Paladin deck work in the new meta? Is it still valid?

wild secret paladin has a 85+% win rate in rank 20 if you just plan to farm golden
botwhat
#2401 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2017 5:09:37 PM(UTC)
botwhat

ok here's the files I created for Jade Druid. I'm getting a better win rate. Please test these and let me know what's happening so I can tweak. I am seeing one error in the silver.exe screen when it loads _mulligan.txt it says class "none" is invalid. I've been backwards and forwards through the file and not sure what I messed up or where the typo is. So if you find it let me know so I can update the files.

_combo.txt

_mulligan.txt

setting.txt

currently running at about a 55% win rate with this at rank 9. I'll let it run longer to get a better test. my biggest concern with the deck is how it treats Jade Idol. I've had games where it works perfectly and I've had other where it just keep putting more jade idol cards in my deck and doesn't drop them on the board. Game I'm currently watching I have 12 jade idols in my deck and we are at 10 mana and I'm just passing 3/3 for next jade card so I'm crushed before I get to pull them out of the deck where if it would put in a couple of them and then stop and start using them to drop jade golems this deck would shine. Only real misplay I'm seeing and it's rare. Typically when playing a reno deck, like mage, where there is no board on the opponents side and it draws the card it will send it into the pile. Mage can sit there and not do anything for many turns so it winds up dropping lots of them into the stack.
1 user thanked botwhat for this useful post.
mrgodai on 1/25/2017(UTC)
sepefeets
#2404 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2017 5:41:58 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 584 time(s) in 238 post(s)
botwhat;45396 wrote:
currently running at about a 55% win rate with this at rank 9. I'll let it run longer to get a better test. my biggest concern with the deck is how it treats Jade Idol. I've had games where it works perfectly and I've had other where it just keep putting more jade idol cards in my deck and doesn't drop them on the board. Game I'm currently watching I have 12 jade idols in my deck and we are at 10 mana and I'm just passing 3/3 for next jade card so I'm crushed before I get to pull them out of the deck where if it would put in a couple of them and then stop and start using them to drop jade golems this deck would shine. Only real misplay I'm seeing and it's rare. Typically when playing a reno deck, like mage, where there is no board on the opponents side and it draws the card it will send it into the pile. Mage can sit there and not do anything for many turns so it winds up dropping lots of them into the stack.

http://www.hearthranger....ade-druid.aspx#post44646
botwhat
#2405 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2017 6:36:35 PM(UTC)
botwhat

sepefeets;45397 wrote:
http://www.hearthranger.com/forum/yaf_postsm44646_What-do-you-think-about-jade-druid.aspx#post44646

Makes sense. Do you have a way to track how many copied of a card are in the deck now or is that something that has to be built? Probably don't need to have anymore than about 5 copies in the deck at any given time. Everybody was saying this deck is teir 3 but I think for a bot it's pretty solid since it's primary win condition is over powering the board with big jade minions. jade idol only thing I see failing other than that I think this deck can be very strong.
Clockwerk66
#2402 Posted : Wednesday, January 25, 2017 9:45:16 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
botwhat;45396 wrote:
ok here's the files I created for Jade Druid. I'm getting a better win rate. Please test these and let me know what's happening so I can tweak. I am seeing one error in the silver.exe screen when it loads _mulligan.txt it says class "none" is invalid. I've been backwards and forwards through the file and not sure what I messed up or where the typo is. So if you find it let me know so I can update the files.

_combo.txt

_mulligan.txt

setting.txt

Hey botwhat,

you appear to have 31 cards in the decklist in your mulligan file. Is there a reason for this?
DarkFennec
#2406 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2017 5:34:18 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Finally i reached the rank 4 on EU Standard with the Jade Aggro Shaman.
Edit: thanks Dre for the updates you shared ✌🏻👍🏻

rank 4

this is the settings i used with the maxwide gen:

1 user thanked DarkFennec for this useful post.
Dre on 1/26/2017(UTC)
Anyzh
#2410 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2017 6:00:27 AM(UTC)
Anyzh

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Reached rank 5 with Wild Pirate. Thank you!
(unfortunately i was rank 4 Standard myself before :D )
Dre
#2407 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2017 6:20:53 AM(UTC)

Groups: HSModerator, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 480 time(s) in 315 post(s)
DarkFennec;45405 wrote:
Finally i reached the rank 4 on EU Standard with the Jade Aggro Shaman.
Edit: thanks Dre for the updates you shared ✌🏻👍🏻

I'am happy the changes worked out for you, I will keep working on this deck as long as it stays in top tier 1 (so quite a while i think) So hopefully it will get even better ;)
1 user thanked Dre for this useful post.
DarkFennec on 1/27/2017(UTC)
Cloud
#2408 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2017 6:43:30 AM(UTC)
Cloud

Man

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Dre;45407 wrote:
I will keep working on this deck as long as it stays in top tier 1 (so quite a while i think) So hopefully it will get even better ;)

Until the bot finaly reach legend :)
frogpower
#2411 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2017 10:44:37 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I drop down from 6 to 11 with Jade Aggro Shaman -_-
syrk08
#2399 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2017 12:09:20 PM(UTC)

botwhat;45390 wrote:
Syrk08 next season I play to work on more control oriented decks. Aggro is very easy to program since it's so straight forward. I know I'm new to the community but I'm a geek at heart. Is it sad to say I have just as much fun trying to program the bot to play better as I do actually playing the game? Next season though I'm going to focus on Dragon Priest and Jade Druid and maybe Control Warrior. For the Jade Druid I find that it plays it fairly well. The new deck list I'm using since I took Raven Idol out of the list is working considerably better. Problem is it's just to slow sometimes for aggro so the win rate just isn't that good. Second I'm working on combo files because I see times where it could very easily play Brann with a Jade Spirit or fandral with a Jade Idol but it doesn't. I think Jade Druid will be easier to fix than Dragon priest because most of the cards for Jade Druid are very straight forward in how they play and the Jade build up just happens from playing. With Dragon Priest which is one of the strongest decks on the ladder in my opinion I find the bot struggles to understand dragon based cards. In many situations it's better to not drop a minion and wait for a dragon so you get the dragon effect of the card but the bot even in Control mode if there is no board will drop your only dragon on the board and can mess up that combo for many turns. In testing my win rates are fairly good. I think with a little work it can be one of the better decks we use.

Dre I'm new at this but I've already been through all the docs on how to build the files so outside of starting to post some logs for the misplays I think I'm getting this figured out. I think you'll find I'm not a user but a contributor. I'll definitely help make these decks better if I can next season. Oh and I dropped from rank 5 all the way back to rank 16 playing with jade druid yesterday so the tempostorm list isn't he best one to use right now. I decided to give the devolve mid-range shaman deck and try and it's kicking ass right now. almost 70% win % from last night. I think there are so many people running aggro it's a good counter right now. I tried mid-range shaman earlier in the season and it did so so. Nothing amazing. Only change is adding devolve which I don't think is a huge game changer. I think I'm just getting better matchups.

I'll give up on the idea of getting legend with the bot and just grind from rank 5 to legend myself. Done it before was just looking for easy mode. Thanks all for your work.

Thank you, I used the information from your list as well as duke44s to redo my jade druid its currently up to rank 8
syrk08
#2412 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2017 12:11:21 PM(UTC)

frogpower;45411 wrote:
I drop down from 6 to 11 with Jade Aggro Shaman -_-

let me know if you need any help with your jade aggro shaman, i used dres aggro jade shamen, just make one minor change to the combo.txt
I cannot remember what that change was, i think i added one combo, dres jade shamen is a great start though if you want to get to rank 5, im sure it will be able too
near the end of the season.
syrk08
#2409 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2017 12:12:22 PM(UTC)

Cloud;45408 wrote:
Until the bot finaly reach legend :)

I dont know of anyone thats had the bot get to legend, the highest ive seen is rank 2/3 but its a easy grind if you want to take the time to do it.
kayle12
#2413 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2017 12:46:43 PM(UTC)

im stuck at rank 11 with dre's jade aggro shaman, i dont know wrong, sometimes the calculations from silverfish take a long time and the bot just skips the turns due to that
is there anything i can do?
otkpotato
#2414 Posted : Thursday, January 26, 2017 2:43:25 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 70 time(s) in 57 post(s)
kayle12;45416 wrote:
im stuck at rank 11 with dre's jade aggro shaman, i dont know wrong, sometimes the calculations from silverfish take a long time and the bot just skips the turns due to that
is there anything i can do?

is the board usually filled up?
you dont got much time i would suggest just pirate warrior it in wild. thats the only guaranteed 5 in this short period of time.
170 Pages«<117118119120121>»