Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

16 Pages<12345>»
Board Control Rule Set (17-May-2015)
Hearthrangerbot
#42 Posted : Friday, November 28, 2014 3:11:11 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I typically am jumping between default and control rule set.

With control, do you have any idea why warlock would blast himself in the face with soulfire? It looked like he was going to kill the 4hp shieldmaster but then he just went nuts on himself.
Yoin
#43 Posted : Friday, November 28, 2014 7:24:48 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered, HSModerator

Was thanked: 218 time(s) in 108 post(s)
Hearthrangerbot;20894 wrote:
I typically am jumping between default and control rule set.

With control, do you have any idea why warlock would blast himself in the face with soulfire? It looked like he was going to kill the 4hp shieldmaster but then he just went nuts on himself.

I never saw that. Did you moved the mouse over your hero?

Updated rules to work with the 1.9.1.0-1.9.2.0 mulligan

Enjoy
My Control rules: here.
Hearthrangerbot
#44 Posted : Saturday, November 29, 2014 5:33:52 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Yoin;20896 wrote:
I never saw that. Did you moved the mouse over your hero?

Updated rules to work with the 1.9.1.0-1.9.2.0 mulligan

Enjoy

It's possible because I haven't noticed it happening besides that one time. Granted most of the time I'm not paying attention to the bot. Hopefully it was just due to my unintentional interference.
Melwin
#45 Posted : Monday, December 1, 2014 9:20:46 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Wow this deck rule is awesome with a basic warlock deck :)

Thank you !
Yoin
#46 Posted : Monday, December 1, 2014 12:10:33 PM(UTC)

Melwin;20993 wrote:
Wow this deck rule is awesome with a basic warlock deck :)

Thank you !

Thanks. Basicly the rules are done for basic decks ;)
ZephyrEmbyr
#47 Posted : Saturday, December 6, 2014 2:43:35 PM(UTC)

On turn 2 Hunter game with no cards to play, Hunter never uses heropower. Why is that?
Basic
#48 Posted : Saturday, December 6, 2014 3:00:01 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
An error: When paladin dropped a Guardian of kings on 9 mana, it ended the turn without using the spare 2 mana for a 1/1. There were no enrage minions to hold back for. It did not even use the Holy Light in hand, despite being on 15 hp. Was this an issue with having 2 extra mana and not being able to choose between them?
There was no reason to not use either the healing light or the 1/1 token hero power
Yoin
#49 Posted : Saturday, December 6, 2014 3:28:42 PM(UTC)

Ummm, that is weird. Current rules for hero's abilities seems as this line (hunter as example)

Steady Shot CAST IF my available mana>=2

EDIT

This is the Shaman's ability line and its ability seems to work OK

Totemic Call CAST IF my available mana>=2

Maybe a problem with current AI?
Basic
#50 Posted : Saturday, December 6, 2014 3:52:31 PM(UTC)

Yoin;21259 wrote:
Ummm, that is weird. Current rules for hero's abilities seems as this line (hunter as example)

Steady Shot CAST IF my available mana>=2

EDIT

This is the Shaman's ability line and its ability seems to work OK

Totemic Call CAST IF my available mana>=2

Maybe a problem with current AI?

Then why wouldn't it use Holy Light? If the Hero power is bugging based on the current AI, that doesn't explain the lack of using cards.
Yoin
#51 Posted : Saturday, December 6, 2014 3:56:55 PM(UTC)

Basic;21263 wrote:
Then why wouldn't it use Holy Light? If the Hero power is bugging based on the current AI, that doesn't explain the lack of using cards.

I didn't make rules for Holy Light, so it works as is coded in default Hearthranger's AI.

Of course you can add rules for that card. Be free to add them :)
Basic
#52 Posted : Saturday, December 6, 2014 4:17:59 PM(UTC)

Yoin;21265 wrote:
I didn't make rules for Holy Light, so it works as is coded in default Hearthranger's AI.

Of course you can add rules for that card. Be free to add them :)

In that case, may I request an extension on your rule set? It's not to add every card in hearthstone..
Rather, would you add all of the Basic cards to your rule set?

I may not be the best judge of it, but I feel as if the minimum requirement for a rule set is to be able to at least use the Basic cards correctly.
I didn't know that Holy Light was not in the rule set, so I made a blunder assuming it was. My apologies. orz

Would you kindly add Basic cards to your rule set?
Yoin
#53 Posted : Sunday, December 7, 2014 4:52:43 AM(UTC)

Basic;21266 wrote:
In that case, may I request an extension on your rule set? It's not to add every card in hearthstone..
Rather, would you add all of the Basic cards to your rule set?

I may not be the best judge of it, but I feel as if the minimum requirement for a rule set is to be able to at least use the Basic cards correctly.
I didn't know that Holy Light was not in the rule set, so I made a blunder assuming it was. My apologies. orz

Would you kindly add Basic cards to your rule set?

Custom rules are a filter for AI rules. I don't have skills to do a new rules from scratch. So, +90% of cards works by default and only problematic cards/abilities are added to this rule set to fix that behaviour. Instead to add all cards, I prefer add only cards that I found or someone tell me that, the bot doesn't play them correctly.

I never play with Holy Light (I am a aggro player ;) ). Could you tell me "when" and "how" you play with that card and I will add that rules to this file. If you have more cards, you can post them as well.
Basic
#54 Posted : Sunday, December 7, 2014 12:38:49 PM(UTC)

Yoin;21281 wrote:
I never play with Holy Light (I am a aggro player ;) ). Could you tell me "when" and "how" you play with that card and I will add that rules to this file. If you have more cards, you can post them as well.

Holy Light can be used to save ones life for another turn, before pulling into a board flip, such as Equality + Pyro.
For the bot, best time to use it would be under the condition of having two(2) leftover mana (that is not devoted to the hero power) and either the Hero or an ally minion on field has 6 or more health missing.
- Albeit that's just a rough setting, for maximum value. At least this way it won't outright ignore the card and never play it.

For a list of basic cards..
Since there are a plethora of Basic cards and decks that can be used, I'll give you a single deck right now.

Here is a Pure-Basic priest I've been using, as well as a run-down on generic card usage/utility.
(if it is not already apparent, I enjoy using gimmick decks, such as pure basic)
Priest Basic Deck List

Holy Smite(1) - Control
Useful for needing that 2 extra damage on a minion to wipe them out, lethal on the enemies face when combo'd for burst, or to sustain early game presence to drop it on a knife juggler or other high value early game threats.
Mulligan: Hold

Power Word: Shield(2) - Control
Card draw power and good to drop for positive trades, which allow to heal the minions afterward for further value.
Can be combo'd with Divine Spirit on Taunts, to easily gain High health minions, such as a 3/14 Sen'Jin Shieldmasta.
Mulligan: Pass, unless a one(1) or two(2) drop minion is held in hand, in which case hold one(1)

Northshire Cleric(2) - Draw
Draw power, utility due to the fact that so many classes can easily drop 3 damage onto it. Viable to play on turn one(1) versus a paladin.
Mulligan: Pass, unless the enemy is a paladin, in which case hold one(1)

Divine Spirit(2) - Control
Minion health control for positive trades and value. For running high health on vital targets. Best to use on a minion with 5 or more health, preferably when they are undamaged, since it only doubles current health.
Can be combo'd with Power Word: Shield on Taunts, to easily gain High health minions, such as a 3/14 Sen'Jin Shieldmasta.
Mulligan: Pass

Mind Blast(1) - Finisher
The only reason this card is in this deck, is to be used on the final turn as a low cost, two(2) mana card which is converted into five(5) damage burst. It can bring a close to those games where your opponent is holding on with five(5) or less life behind a taunt wall, or in conjunction with natural damage, to end a game a turn earlier.

Shadow Word: Pain(1) - Control
For early game control very heavy threats such as Knife jugglers. It can also be used versus Deathlords, Maexxna or taunts with three(3) attack.
Mulligan: Hold

Acidic Swamp Ooze(2) - Minion
Viable for removing enemy weapons, more importantly it's a body on the field. It should be played as a normal 2 drop minion, unless in a scenario where you hold another minion in hand that can be played effectively. Bloodfen Raptor is always a better play on a blank board, while Ooze shall be better on a board with a weapon.
Mulligan: Hold(2)

Bloodfen Raptor(2) - Minion
Early game minion to start your game with, if you have no early game, most decks can simply run you over.

River Crocolisk(2) - Minion
Early game minion to start your game with, if you have no early game, most decks can simply run you over. Since this minion has more than two(2) health, it can gain full benefit from the priest hero power.

Shadow Word: Death(2) - Control
To remove high attack enemies from the field. Also viable after a Mind Control turn, if you steal a Sylvanas, to peg your own unit for a second mind control.
Early game minion to start your game with, if you have no early game, most decks can simply run you over.

Ironfur Grizzly(2) - Minion
Early game minion to start your game with, if you have no early game, most decks can simply run you over. Since this minion has more than two(2) health, it can gain full benefit from the priest hero power. It is also good to note that a Power Word: Shield can be used to make it a Pseudo Sen'jin Shieldmasta.

Shattered Sun Cleric(1) - Control
Use this to buff a single unit with +1/+1 for a bonus burst of 1 damage or surviving a trade with 1 health. It can also be said it is a 4/3 for three(3) mana that has a battlecry of deal 1 damage, as long as a minion is in play. A good curve to climb up with, after playing a two(2) drop. It can also be used versus another priest to control attack values of ally minions to buff them into the 4 attack range, a Sen'jin Shieldmasta could become a 4/6 to protect it from Shadow Word: Pain.
Mulligan: Pass, unless a minion is held in hand

Chillwind Yeti(2) - Minion
A solid four(4) drop that has good stats for its cost and can trade and be healed efficiently.
It is good to note that this minion has at least 5 health and is a viable candidate for Divine Spirit.

Sen'jin Shieldmasta(2) - Minion
This is the Main Taunt you will want to buff up to secure yourself. It's possible to play naked, but preferable to buff its health to at least 7.

Holy Nova(2) - Control
Multi-Essential board wipe or healing to use to your advantage. If the an enemy minion has 6 or more attack, it's viable to use Holy Nova to finish it off if it is within kill range, even if it is alone. Such as an enemy Kel'Thuzad slammed with your Boulderfist Ogre. Drop that Holy Nova to finish it and start to heal your Boulderfist Ogre back up.

Boulderfist Ogre(2) - Minion
A late-game minion, that can be buffed well beyond normal burn range with a single Divine Spirit. Good stats for cost, trades well and heals efficiently.
Due to being a 6/7, it will not die to Big Game Hunter.

Stormwind Champion(1) - Control
A constant board buff while in effect, this is a "win-more" card type. Best when you want to suddenly burst with extra damage based on how many minions you have on board, as well as let minions survive a trade. In the worst case scenario, it's a 6/6 body on field, which is still useful.
Due to being a 6/6, it will not die to Big Game Hunter.

Mind Control(1) - Control
A late-game bomb switch, where you can steal an enemy legendary, heavy minion or taunts to press damage for a burst down. Only useful if the enemy has a heavy in play or taunt you need to bypass.

A total of fourteen(14) cards in this deck are viable to mulligan for, which gives a good chance for playing a card on turn two(2).
Take note, this is a Pure-Basic deck and can easily be overwhelmed by higher-value cards that can be crafted.
Only use this deck in the early stages of an account. (or if you are quirky like me, play it for some fun)

If you have any questions about how this deck plays out, feel free to ask.
If you have an suggestions for it.. Be sure to keep those suggestions to purely basic cards to swap in.
Otherwise, feel free to swap in some obvious improvements, such as Amani Berzerkers instead of River Crocolisks.
Yoin
#55 Posted : Sunday, December 7, 2014 2:36:25 PM(UTC)

New rules file. As usual you can download it from first post.

Changes:

- I've added Holy Light and Divine Spirit to mulligan rules.
- Holy Light will be casted if you have 2 free crystals and your hero's life is below 24 points, or you have a damaged minion de cost 4 or more
- Divine Spirit: The bot will try to cast it on minions with health>=4

@Basic.
Minions listed in your deck are played more or less Ok by default AI, so no new rules are needed here.

EDIT:

Now Bot will prefer to cast Divinie Spirit if the minion has Taunt.
2 users thanked Yoin for this useful post.
Basic on 12/7/2014(UTC), ZephyrEmbyr on 12/7/2014(UTC)
Basic
#56 Posted : Sunday, December 7, 2014 5:25:19 PM(UTC)

After watching the priest play a while, I saw it overdraw off a holy nova. Then it healed a Chillwind Yeti, burning another card, before playing shadow word:pain from hand.
Is it oblivious to the amount of cards in hand? Just drawing to draw cards? If so, it'll deck out way too fast.
Basic
#58 Posted : Sunday, December 7, 2014 6:12:09 PM(UTC)

Priest:
Heals self when at full life, a pointless healing. The 2 wasted mana could have been used in conjunction with a crocolisk on board and holy smite in hand to clear a Misha a hunter summoned.
From then on out, the Misha was never killed despite having the 2/3 on board and smite in hand, losing that game. Thinking back on the hour I spent watching the bot, I've not once seen it play Holy Smite. Is there some weird condition for it to play?

It also dropped a naked Stormwind Champion, onto a board with an enemy Ogre. Instead of the 3/3 taunt and Sun Cleric in hand to buff it. For a good trade off them and a Stormwind later.
It needs to value Stormwind differently, to play it after all other answers in hand are done.. Or if there is at least 1 minion on board to be buffed by it.

Other than those errors, I do enjoy it's current win rate:
priestRate
Yoin
#57 Posted : Sunday, December 7, 2014 7:48:05 PM(UTC)

Basic;21306 wrote:
After watching the priest play a while, I saw it overdraw off a holy nova. Then it healed a Chillwind Yeti, burning another card, before playing shadow word:pain from hand.
Is it oblivious to the amount of cards in hand? Just drawing to draw cards? If so, it'll deck out way too fast.

If you check my rules, you will see that I've writen a condition to use holy nova to draw cards as well. Usually that is useful, but a few times wouldn't

About the suicide of the crocodile vs a big body is a side effect of my lines about board control. I don't have tools to avoid that behaviour yet. Maybe we need more commands for the rules or maybe when the default AI will improved that behaviour will be avoided.

And about the Holy smite it will used if thecard can kill a creature or the enemy hero, but I don't know how can I do a combination with minions on the battlefield. But I prefer current behaviour than use it on first turn on enemy hero face.

I am glad that you got good win rate :)
Yoin
#59 Posted : Monday, December 8, 2014 5:20:13 AM(UTC)

Added Mirror Image to my rules. Please test it and give me feedback.

Download link in the first post.
Yoin
#60 Posted : Monday, December 8, 2014 9:23:42 AM(UTC)

Fixed a problem with rules when opponent has a taunted Nerubian egg. Using old rules, the bot refuses to attack the egg and never attacks.
gadgou
#61 Posted : Monday, December 8, 2014 5:29:14 PM(UTC)

The bot is constantly missing lethal, it makes trades when there's a clear lethal on board, it did this twice in a row just now.

Is there a quick fix for this?
16 Pages<12345>»