Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Bans incoming... You should still be able to bot lightly.
throwaway1985
#25 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2018 7:31:45 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Since my username is the same as another forum, and they are being linked here or reading bans for their own pleasure, I made a throwaway.

Not seeing ban reports on other programs (like Smartbot or the Github one) though so this is HearthRanger specific. (and Smartbot did have a ban wave in the past so I'm not sure how active their base is) My guess is that they found a heuristic/misplay in Hearthranger alongside some manual reports. It's probably not the program detection because read my last point below.

Didn't get banned and here are my standard practices:

* Botted daily for 2+ years. Missed 30 wins on a handful of days. (less then a dozen)
* Bot up to 6 hours per session. Have my settings, re-queue, and turn timer randomized. Manually finish any remaining wins. (probably lowering this further after today)
* My auto-concede is only against specific classes. So if I'm playing Odd Paladin I would ban something like Warlock. Or for Odd Hunter a class that can heal (Priest/Warrior)
* NEVER botted Ranked.
* Have a max turn timer. If I don't win in x turns I concede.
* If I took a bot list off here I always changed 1-2 cards.
* Bot start time is usually the same time (server restart) but sometimes a few hours later.
* Never accept friend requests.
* Someone in another thread said they ran Hearthtone in VMWare and Hearthranger outside of it so it it can't be the program detection (if you trust what they say).
* People also saying they were banned from around 3 months back so it isn't the current patch that has set off anti-virus programs. (and Blizzard's standard operating procedure is to gather/record bans for a few months and do one mass ban wave to make it hard to figure out why you were banned.

It has to be something heuristic (misplay), something that flagged it (playing too many hours), or a manual flag (someone reported you). There are ways to get your Battletag now so if they are tech savy, they can report you without even you accepting their Friend Invite (there is a program that lets you send a friend invite AT THE START of the game). Playing Ranked or auto-conceding every other game seems a good way to raise some red flags.

~Just my 2 cents
1 user thanked throwaway1985 for this useful post.
Vladislove on 8/1/2018(UTC)
DropDeadGorgeous
#29 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2018 9:45:20 AM(UTC)

JoyAdmin save us! Do something!
MoonlitBlackCat
#30 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2018 11:01:16 AM(UTC)
MoonlitBlackCat

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Greetings,

Account: Hearthstone

Account Action: Account Closure
Offense: Automation of Gameplay (also known as bots)

This activity provides benefits not normally achievable in the game and detracts from the integrity of other players' experience and the Hearthstone game environment.

The account holder is responsible for all activity on the account. We issue suspensions and closures to protect our players and our service in accordance with our Blizzard EULA: https://blizzard.com/company/legal/eula.html.

We don't take this decision lightly. Our team issued this closure only after a careful review of relevant evidence. Our support staff will not overturn these closures and may not respond to appeals. For information, see our article: https://battle.net/support/article/000166944

Thank you for your time and understanding in this matter.

Regards,

Customer Service
"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."
Thagann
#26 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2018 11:26:15 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 12 post(s)
throwaway1985;57163 wrote:
Since my username is the same as another forum, and they are being linked here or reading bans for their own pleasure, I made a throwaway.

Not seeing ban reports on other programs (like Smartbot or the Github one) though so this is HearthRanger specific. (and Smartbot did have a ban wave in the past so I'm not sure how active their base is) My guess is that they found a heuristic/misplay in Hearthranger alongside some manual reports. It's probably not the program detection because read my last point below.

Didn't get banned and here are my standard practices:

* Botted daily for 2+ years. Missed 30 wins on a handful of days. (less then a dozen)
* Bot up to 6 hours per session. Have my settings, re-queue, and turn timer randomized. Manually finish any remaining wins. (probably lowering this further after today)
* My auto-concede is only against specific classes. So if I'm playing Odd Paladin I would ban something like Warlock. Or for Odd Hunter a class that can heal (Priest/Warrior)
* NEVER botted Ranked.
* Have a max turn timer. If I don't win in x turns I concede.
* If I took a bot list off here I always changed 1-2 cards.
* Bot start time is usually the same time (server restart) but sometimes a few hours later.
* Never accept friend requests.
* Someone in another thread said they ran Hearthtone in VMWare and Hearthranger outside of it so it it can't be the program detection (if you trust what they say).
* People also saying they were banned from around 3 months back so it isn't the current patch that has set off anti-virus programs. (and Blizzard's standard operating procedure is to gather/record bans for a few months and do one mass ban wave to make it hard to figure out why you were banned.

It has to be something heuristic (misplay), something that flagged it (playing too many hours), or a manual flag (someone reported you). There are ways to get your Battletag now so if they are tech savy, they can report you without even you accepting their Friend Invite (there is a program that lets you send a friend invite AT THE START of the game). Playing Ranked or auto-conceding every other game seems a good way to raise some red flags.

~Just my 2 cents

Same haven't been banned and I did most of your practices :
*Botted daily for 2+years.
*Bot up until 100 gold were achieved.
*Auto-concede after win didn't matter the class.
*NEVER botted Ranked.
*NEVER botted at night , always during busy hours .
*Never accept friend requests
*Squelch emotes
*Sometimes manually changed bot turn , and sometimes I emoted after lethal.
JogadorAbs
#31 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2018 11:35:24 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
So, lets do some detective work.

Neither or my accs were banned, my main and my "test".
Ever since the banwave, i only botted with my test one, it still not banned. It might been marked for a future ban wave. Im not sure how blizz works.
No idea what they use to ban, but i have a small suspicion.

Where any of you using the "start the game on schedule" function? I think it might been HR interacting with the launcher.
I wasnt using it, and im not banned.
throwaway1985
#36 Posted : Thursday, August 2, 2018 4:19:51 AM(UTC)

Not banned, did not use the game schedule function.
Thagann
#32 Posted : Thursday, August 2, 2018 5:23:37 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 12 post(s)
JogadorAbs;57195 wrote:

Ever since the banwave, i only botted with my test one, it still not banned. It might been marked for a future ban wave. Im not sure how blizz works.

Where any of you using the "start the game on schedule" function? I think it might been HR interacting with the launcher.

Didn't use the game on schedule function , but I used the reconnect function on dc that interacted with the launcher.

Lostshotgan
#27 Posted : Thursday, August 2, 2018 6:19:25 AM(UTC)
Lostshotgan

Man

Thagann;57184 wrote:
Same haven't been banned and I did most of your practices :
*Botted daily for 2+years.
*Bot up until 100 gold were achieved.
*Auto-concede after win didn't matter the class.
*NEVER botted Ranked.
*NEVER botted at night , always during busy hours .
*Never accept friend requests
*Squelch emotes
*Sometimes manually changed bot turn , and sometimes I emoted after lethal.

Played in ladder
Sometimes left for a day
Every day up to 100 gold
Sometimes in unranked
constantly bot play
Not banned
Lostshotgan
#33 Posted : Thursday, August 2, 2018 6:30:10 AM(UTC)
Lostshotgan

Man

Thagann;57200 wrote:
Didn't use the game on schedule function , but I used the reconnect function on dc that interacted with the launcher.

I used, but rarely
GreaterEvil
#37 Posted : Thursday, August 2, 2018 8:30:59 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Blizzard's EULA was updated with 11.2 last month when we all clicked the 'accept', probably without reading it. Though included in previous EULA's (which are near impossible to find), the most noteworthy section is included the below. This probably applied more with games like WOW which implemented Warden to protect against cheating in the past. But who's to say that the latest update didn't finally include Warden with Hearthstone?

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/eula

Blizzard End User License Agreement

LAST REVISED June 1, 2018

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

THIS VERSION OF THE BLIZZARD END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT WILL BECOME EFFECTIVE ON June 21, 2018.

The Platform may contain additional software that requires you to agree to additional terms prior to your use thereof (“Additional Software”).

Consent to Monitor. WHILE RUNNING, THE PLATFORM (INCLUDING A GAME) MAY MONITOR YOUR COMPUTER OR MOBILE DEVICE'S MEMORY FOR UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAMS RUNNING EITHER CONCURRENTLY WITH A GAME OR OUT OF PROCESS. AN "UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM" AS USED HEREIN SHALL BE DEFINED AS ANY THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE PROHIBITED BY SECTION 1.C. ABOVE. IN THE EVENT THAT THE PLATFORM DETECTS AN UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM, (a) THE PLATFORM MAY COMMUNICATE INFORMATION BACK TO BLIZZARD, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION YOUR ACCOUNT NAME, DETAILS ABOUT THE UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM DETECTED, AND THE TIME AND DATE; AND/OR (b) BLIZZARD MAY EXERCISE ANY OR ALL OF ITS RIGHTS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, WITH OR WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE TO THE USER. Additionally, certain Games include a tool that will allow your computer system to forward information to Blizzard in the event that the Game crashes, including system and driver data, and by agreeing hereto you consent to Blizzard receiving and/or using this data.

If you didn't get banned, consider yourself lucky. Don't blow the extra life you've been granted. Avoid botting if you care at all about your account.
osillo
#34 Posted : Thursday, August 2, 2018 11:31:30 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
JogadorAbs;57195 wrote:

I was using it and yes, I got banned, I was also using the reconnect feature.
JogadorAbs
#38 Posted : Thursday, August 2, 2018 4:09:53 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Well, i know the sample in the thread is extremely small, but so far, all the banned people were using the auto connect, and the not banned werent.
One dude mentioned he didnt get banned while using auto-reconnect, but if you have a stable connection, it will hardly ever be used. This suspicion of mine might have some foundation.

And for the dude who mentioned the terms of use, i think they always had the right to use anti-bot scanners. Maybe not, who knows.
If they are using memory scanners, JoyAdmin need to increase the randomization in the program code, to make it harder to catch. Had Joy even posted anything since it? I hope he isnt jumping ship. No botter is mad at him.
tednet
#39 Posted : Thursday, August 2, 2018 4:42:02 PM(UTC)

What's so controversial about the reconnect feature? It just clicks start on the battle net launcher, right?
mindfreak2k9
#40 Posted : Thursday, August 2, 2018 6:39:52 PM(UTC)

Don't know if it helps, I dodged the banwave, at least for now:

- Started playing in KOF
- Started botting in september / October (don't remind) almost everyday to 100 gold
- auto-connect active, but don't know if it did it anytime. I saw the hearthstone crashed several times (out for desktop) and the bot didn't recconect on the frontend
- Started always at server refresh on EU server
- Sometimes on ranked
- Several packs bought including both pre-release of boomsday
IsGeorgy78
#42 Posted : Friday, August 3, 2018 3:29:49 AM(UTC)

Man

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Guys,
It’s sad to hear about bans.
But, are you sure the HR is detected ?
Whole account could be banned, if you used another “hacks” (SmartBot) for other blizzard games(WoW) ?
Please, clarify
IsGeorgy78
#6 Posted : Friday, August 3, 2018 3:40:47 AM(UTC)

Man

ralphy;57137 wrote:

I probably shouldn't have trusted this bot.

... "this bot" ?
It means you compare it with "other bot" you were using?
Please, clarify, if you used another “hacks” (m.b. SmartBot) for other blizzard games(WoW) ?
IsGeorgy78
#21 Posted : Friday, August 3, 2018 3:54:13 AM(UTC)

Man

tednet;57150 wrote:
probably sent in a video to the blizzard hacks email

But they sent videos continuously(not as wave). And we see a huge wave, so, this is doubtful ...
zws
#22 Posted : Friday, August 3, 2018 4:29:14 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 20 post(s)
IsGeorgy78;57244 wrote:
But they sent videos continuously(not as wave). And we see a hure wave, so, this is doubtful ...

They have been flagging accounts for months, probably based on reports and then deciding based on behavior and statistics. Huge wave happened because they have banned all these marked accounts at once. No idea why they do it like this but this is not the first time. I doubt they used software detection (which is technically doable) because it's a very delicate matter prone to accusation of spying on customers.

I somehow avoided ban for almost 3 years but I can't really say what helped. I try to keep low profile - botting in casual on low MMR with non-golden portrait and off-meta, usually midrange deck. I guess it's mostly luck though.
Bazocatanga
#43 Posted : Friday, August 3, 2018 6:26:37 AM(UTC)

I wonder if it's the early concede ?
IsGeorgy78
#28 Posted : Friday, August 3, 2018 6:39:02 AM(UTC)

Man

throwaway1985;57163 wrote:

* NEVER botted Ranked.

Why ?
please, clarify this

P.S.
Ranked awards you a mounthly cardback.
4 Pages<1234>