Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages123>»
Bans incoming... You should still be able to bot lightly.
sparkiepcmr
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2018 8:33:54 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Literally just got an email banning my two accounts.

I played each one to the 100g cap most days. Be careful out there, probably need to come up with a guideline, like run the bot no more than 3 hours straight each day. Start at a random time, etc.

https://i.imgur.com/i4xKWWy.png
zOrkaaa
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2018 8:37:29 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Yeah, that true

buzzmaster
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2018 8:46:19 PM(UTC)

same here, my account has been perma-banned too...
FShadow1998
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2018 8:55:50 PM(UTC)

Same here :(
ralphy
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2018 12:44:25 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
The bot is detected for sure.

I was only using it to finish 3 quests, and not even getting the 100 gold for daily quests. I got so tired of the game that I forgot to bot it every day. I am not even sure when the last time I ran Hearthstone, probably about 3-7 days ago. I stopped botting the 100 daily games about 2-3 months ago.

So no, botting lightly is not going to help.

I probably shouldn't have trusted this bot. When people were saying that Blizzard now scans outside processes, hearthranger still did not rename the exe file dynamically. I was just too tired of the game to care.
JogadorAbs
#7 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2018 1:26:12 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Well, im not banned yet. Maybe i dodged the wave. Maybe its sheer luck. Anyone else in the same boat?

We need to test it. Is it a software detection? Data analysis? Reports? Ban waves or continuous bans? Afaik, ranger is the last big profile bot running.
carsituacije
#9 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2018 1:49:23 AM(UTC)

Got banned on my 2 acc last night :(
Cloud
#10 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2018 2:10:03 AM(UTC)
Cloud

Man

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 45 post(s)
same here

sadly permanent and not a 2-3month ban

I was botting since the mechmage meta, was a funny time but i rarely played myself the last months so time to move on.
keyboard1Zbl4ck
#11 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2018 2:39:40 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Account banned also
uselessmax
#12 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2018 4:03:46 AM(UTC)

yep, two accounts banned roughly 7 hours ago. ban hammer hit

3 years of bottin no issues
Zarozym
#13 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2018 4:09:30 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Same here, account permabanned. Oh well, time to finally lay this game to rest...

Still, a big thanks to Joy for the bot and to Scott and everyone who gave us configs. It's thanks to you guys I had the gold/dust to create decks and actually enjoy the little time I played in the flesh those last two years. Cheerio!
2 users thanked Zarozym for this useful post.
scottbreak on 8/1/2018(UTC), Totolitoto on 8/1/2018(UTC)
Sagor
#14 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2018 4:13:47 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Got banned. RIP account. I didn´t get an email but from what i read here the bans are all permanent i guess?

How come that HS bans are permanent while you can start botting again a few months after getting banned in WoW ?

Well, i guess we deserve it. We broke the rules and got punished. I´m not even that sad since i´m not really enjoying the game anymore for quite a while now.

Unfortunately i pre-ordered the 80 bucks bundle for the new expansion. Any chance to get a refund on this since i didn´t get to open the packs (and obviously won´t be able to in the future) ?

mssign
#15 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2018 4:21:46 AM(UTC)

Man

Two accounts went to the ban. Mass ban detected.
tednet
#17 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2018 5:15:58 AM(UTC)

It's the same as the hearthbuddy ban wave, some guy with a stick up their butt recorded you misplaying and probably sent in a video to the blizzard hacks email. Interesting they waited so long to do the banwave, especially when there isn't a public outcry against bots right now. And why do it before the release of the new expo?

As long as you didn't do 24/7 you should be able to get it downgraded after enough complaining. It's a fucking unity game, there isn't any hack detection or warden implemented. The only metrics they have is reports and how much you've been playing. Look at the rate they've been been banning, they have to ban each account by hand. And the HS team has banned the wrong people by accident in the past, because they do it by hand.

Right before Legion released for WoW they banned a ton of people for botting, and they issued permanent bans. But because everyone had preordered Legion they had to downgrade everyone to 6 month bans, because they complained a lot. Somebody really screwed the pooch on this banwave.

edit: especially for you EU guys, GDPR requires them to disclose all information they have stored about you, and that includes the exact reasons they issued you a ban. Don't give up and keep pestering, they really messed up with this banwave.
1 user thanked tednet for this useful post.
Totolitoto on 8/1/2018(UTC)
ralphy
#18 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2018 5:33:46 AM(UTC)

tednet;57150 wrote:
It's the same as the hearthbuddy ban wave, some guy with a stick up their butt recorded you misplaying and probably sent in a video to the blizzard hacks email. Interesting they waited so long to do the banwave, especially when there isn't a public outcry against bots right now. And why do it before the release of the new expo?

As long as you didn't do 24/7 you should be able to get it downgraded after enough complaining. It's a fucking unity game, there isn't any hack detection or warden implemented. The only metrics they have is reports and how much you've been playing. Look at the rate they've been been banning, they have to ban each account by hand. And the HS team has banned the wrong people by accident in the past, because they do it by hand.

Right before Legion released for WoW they banned a ton of people for botting, and they issued permanent bans. But because everyone had preordered Legion they had to downgrade everyone to 6 month bans, because they complained a lot. Somebody really screwed the pooch on this banwave.

edit: especially for you EU guys, GDPR requires them to disclose all information they have stored about you, and that includes the exact reasons they issued you a ban. Don't give up and keep pestering, they really messed up with this banwave.

How do you know they don't have any hack detection or warden?

I botted around 4-8 games about once a week for the past 3 months, frequently skipping many days because I was too tired of the game to even bot. If I got banned for that, then botting anywhere close to 100g per day is unsafe. The bot does somewhat play in an unnatural manner, but there's no way I was detected for too much playing.

Blizzard changed their EULA to state that they now scan processes outside of the game, and JoyAdmin didn't even say if he did anything about that, and the bot still doesn't randomize the exe name.

My bet is that this bot is 100% detected.
tednet
#23 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2018 6:06:49 AM(UTC)

Cmon, Ralphy, you can't seriously think a Blizzard program would scan outside of its own memory? That's super illegal and they would be under major fire if they actually did that.
The TOS/EULA is just scare tactics, and exe name randomization is just placebo.

Everyone on this forum would be banned if the actual program was detected. Player reports and heuristics, that's how we got hit. There are some obvious tells about hearthranger, especially if you play a couple of games against the bot in a row. Some people don't have anything better to do with their lives than report bots.

The trouble is figuring out those heuristics. Auto-concede? Number of games a day? Who knows.

All 3 of my free pack/murloc portrait/RAF accounts are perfectly fine, even though I botted them as well in the last couple of months.
WinXP
#19 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2018 6:10:11 AM(UTC)
WinXP

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
ralphy;57151 wrote:
How do you know they don't have any hack detection or warden?

I botted around 4-8 games about once a week for the past 3 months, frequently skipping many days because I was too tired of the game to even bot. If I got banned for that, then botting anywhere close to 100g per day is unsafe.

My bet is that this bot is 100% detected.

Did you get banned even with your frequency?

If so, how many years have you been botting?
WinXP
#8 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2018 6:12:03 AM(UTC)
WinXP

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
JogadorAbs;57138 wrote:
Well, im not banned yet. Maybe i dodged the wave. Maybe its sheer luck. Anyone else in the same boat?

We need to test it. Is it a software detection? Data analysis? Reports? Ban waves or continuous bans? Afaik, ranger is the last big profile bot running.

We need to figure this out fast or more people will be shot down.
ralphy
#20 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2018 6:43:06 AM(UTC)

WinXP;57154 wrote:
Did you get banned even with your frequency?

If so, how many years have you been botting?

As I just said, yes I did get banned even with that frequency. That's why I am so confident that the bot is detected. I have been botting hearthstone on and off for over 2 years. I have frequently gotten bored of it.
Sagor
#24 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2018 6:52:52 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)
For anyone who is interested: Blizzard refunded my boomsday pre-order. That´s something at least.

So if you invested money into the new addon, get it back.
3 users thanked Sagor for this useful post.
Vladislove on 8/1/2018(UTC), carsituacije on 8/1/2018(UTC), Outcast on 8/2/2018(UTC)
4 Pages123>»