Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

warrior attack before armour up
franner
#1 Posted : Friday, February 20, 2015 7:01:11 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 25 post(s)
I have seen this a few times, the warrior attacks before armour up and the looses, where if he had armour up before the attack I would had survived. Also you loose more life this way I believe. Of course this is only inthe situations where it would armour up anyway just after the attack.

Happened to me twice already, and is not the optimal move if you could survive if it change the order of armour up and attacking?

Can someone look into the order, calculation before attacking, so you do not loose because of this error?

I hope this bug helps, I tried searching and didn't find similiar topic of this problem.
BlaBlubB
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 21, 2015 7:55:52 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Solution?
franner
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 21, 2015 9:37:30 AM(UTC)

I don't know how to code this correctly or how which actions to take are calculated.

If attacking a minion with a weapon is on the action list (or what you call it) as well as armour up, then do armour up before attacking. Like switching the order between attacking with weapon and armour up, if that makes sense?

Thank you for replying and I hope this could be done.
Yoin
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 21, 2015 10:00:54 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered, HSModerator

Was thanked: 218 time(s) in 108 post(s)
This must be added to default AI by JoyAdmin. In this case, we can't change the bot behaviour using the rule files.
My Control rules: here.
Golddieb
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 21, 2015 10:01:19 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 49 time(s) in 38 post(s)
In almost every case armor has higher value than life points with a warrior, so always armor up before attacking would be the wrong thing.
You see a lot of top players attacking and armor up after that. This is because of cards like shield slam, alextrasa and heal stuff.

I don't think the AI has some kind of suicide mechanism and the attack first was a missplay in this case, which should be fixed with an aditional check to only perform attacks if this doesn't kill you.

The interesting information is what AI did you use and did you run out of time when these actions were performed?
There is some kind of security mechanism when calculation takes longer than available turn time, which would perform any action (even if it's not the best) rather than doing nothing.

If your missplay happened when running out of time you need to reduce your AI parameters, if not we need the additional check.
Please report back.
BlaBlubB
#6 Posted : Saturday, February 21, 2015 12:14:43 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hmm maybe you are right, that the bot calculates the armor with a higher value then life.. that make sense. But It would be nice if JoyAdmin can give short statement =)

It always do this action, doesnt matter if time is running out or not =/

Good work so far <3
franner
#7 Posted : Sunday, February 22, 2015 9:15:15 AM(UTC)

As I remember it didn't run out of time, but it killed itself rather than with armour up (would be enough with your suggestion on checking on suicide). I used maximum calculation on board number and enemy turn.
I used default deckrules and default AI (no other AI used). It didn't happen often but I noticed it twice when I run a warrior deck.
1 user thanked franner for this useful post.
Golddieb on 2/22/2015(UTC)