Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Mercenaries Suggestions
ThomasRay123
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 1, 2021 4:00:24 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Love that there's a mercenaries feature now-- even if just Beta.

Some suggestions although I'm sure you've already thought of them:

- On farming settings-- alphabetize the mercenaries list. Some mercenaries are not on the list but it's hard to check since I have to scroll through the list multiple times to make sure.
- Have an option to make a mercenary always in the group. Right now you can pick a list, but it chooses them at random. I'd like to select a couple that are at level 30 so I can carry the small ones on higher difficulty bounties without.

A more difficult suggestion:

- Mysterious stranger farming (and completing their subsequent tasks).
- run a specific bounty that has mystery early on usually, get to it, then retire. Complete the tasks if there's no open spots at the campfire.

- Pick a mercenary you want to farm coins for. The bot selects the bounty with that mercenary as a reward and drafts the best group for that bounty.

Thanks again for this new feature!
3 users thanked ThomasRay123 for this useful post.
pepeeee on 12/1/2021(UTC), JoyAdmin on 12/1/2021(UTC), karrelcut on 12/22/2021(UTC)
Falreigimer
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 1, 2021 6:49:01 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Great suggestions!

A few more that I can think of, that would be awesome if implemented. (Although I'm aware some would take a lot of work)

- Implement a search for the shortest path to boss (always going through mysterious stranger)
I've noticed the bot only cares to find a path to the mysterious stranger, doesn't care about the shortest path (taking in Spirit Healers and boons to avoid fighting)

- Have support for solo merc teams, this would allow faming barrens hc first bounty for specific coin farming

- Have support for popular farm comps like fire comp (Antonidas, Ragnaros, Baron Geddon) and the Millhouse comp (Millhouse, Varden, King Crush)
Could go deeper on this one and implement specific combos that are always performed for max efficiency
Millhouse comp: Always perform the first ability on all mercs
Fire comp: Antonidas fireballs highest health mobs (normally prioritizing casters as they don't have weakness to this comp), Ragnaros casts Die insects!, and Baron Geddon casts Inferno

And thank you for your awesome work Joy, as always.
3 users thanked Falreigimer for this useful post.
JoyAdmin on 12/1/2021(UTC), ThreeSixteen on 12/19/2021(UTC), karrelcut on 12/22/2021(UTC)
fireplace
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 2, 2021 9:35:32 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Great suggestions here.

Per other comment would like to be able to force a merc band of less than 6.
e.g. I can pick 2 or 3 mercs I want to force farm 10-15 coins per run on, on the easiest bounty.

Also potentially allow a deliberately lose at boss (concede) option so you can force farm random coins and try and get the mercs you don't have while AFK

This is a great feature the bot is perfectly set up for. Thanks again so much for adding.
1 user thanked fireplace for this useful post.
karrelcut on 12/22/2021(UTC)
MoonlitBlackCat
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 2, 2021 4:42:36 PM(UTC)
MoonlitBlackCat

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 7 post(s)
ThomasRay123;61686 wrote:
Love that there's a mercenaries feature now-- even if just Beta.

- Mysterious stranger farming (and completing their subsequent tasks).
It already does this. I have max tasks on 70% of my mercs justby running the bot

- run a specific bounty that has mystery early on usually, get to it, then retire. Complete the tasks if there's no open spots at the campfire.
You can select a bounty (or multiple) in the list without selecting mercs. (I run Banhehollow Heroic on repeat) and the bot always tries to finish tasks asap for me with different teams. The amount of packs and coins I got by this is insane

- Pick a mercenary you want to farm coins for. The bot selects the bounty with that mercenary as a reward and drafts the best group for that bounty.
You can already do that by manual selecting that bounty. Once you have a hero unlocked you can unlock coins WAY faster by running Heroic 1-1 or 1-2
"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."
tmcm
#5 Posted : Friday, December 3, 2021 11:12:29 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
MoonlitBlackCat;61691 wrote:

I'd be interested to know your settings for getting all the tasks done - my biggest problem right now is just levelling up my mercs - would be easy enough if the bot knew how to handle basic farming strats like the fire combo, but it seems to just use random skills which results in the level 30s dying.
MoonlitBlackCat
#6 Posted : Friday, December 3, 2021 1:40:31 PM(UTC)
MoonlitBlackCat

tmcm;61693 wrote:
I'd be interested to know your settings for getting all the tasks done - my biggest problem right now is just levelling up my mercs - would be easy enough if the bot knew how to handle basic farming strats like the fire combo, but it seems to just use random skills which results in the level 30s dying.

First I run 1-1 and 1-2 heroic to level up the majority of the mercs to 30.
Finishing that bounty also give's you random coins of the mercs in your party so besides leveling them to 30 I also level their abilities.

Once the majority was 30-ish (25 and on) I switched to normal 2-5 and 2-6.
Took not to long to level all Mercs I own to 30 (besides valeera cause I still don't have her)

Now it's running Heroic 2-6 since that has the highest chance of spawning a mysterious stranger.
Most of the time it cannot finish the bounty but I don't care. I want tasks.

I check on the bot every hour or so and remove the tasks the bot (and even me) can't do with ease.
(Task 13 from Antoniodas to name one for example).

Usually there are 2-3 tasks that need to "complete a bounty" or "complete a heroic bounty or beat a heroic boss"
I just change the bot back to to heroic 1-1 and let it run till it's done.

Then it goes back to Heroic 2-6 and keeps doing tasks.

I also keep firestone open to easy see how the tasks are progressing and if the bot struggles with it I take a note and remove it.
But even the healing tasks from brightwing are done by the bot so besides the ocasional annoying one (I'm looking at you Antoniodas) it's going smooth.
tmcm
#7 Posted : Friday, December 3, 2021 1:50:07 PM(UTC)

MoonlitBlackCat;61695 wrote:
First I run 1-1 and 1-2 heroic to level up the majority of the mercs to 30.
Finishing that bounty also give's you random coins of the mercs in your party so besides leveling them to 30 I also level their abilities.

Once the majority was 30-ish (25 and on) I switched to normal 2-5 and 2-6.
Took not to long to level all Mercs I own to 30 (besides valeera cause I still don't have her)

Now it's running Heroic 2-6 since that has the highest chance of spawning a mysterious stranger.
Most of the time it cannot finish the bounty but I don't care. I want tasks.

I check on the bot every hour or so and remove the tasks the bot (and even me) can't do with ease.
(Task 13 from Antoniodas to name one for example).

Usually there are 2-3 tasks that need to "complete a bounty" or "complete a heroic bounty or beat a heroic boss"
I just change the bot back to to heroic 1-1 and let it run till it's done.

Then it goes back to Heroic 2-6 and keeps doing tasks.

I also keep firedeck open to easy see how the tasks are progressing and if the bot struggles with it I take a note and remove it.
But even the healing tasks from brightwing are done by the bot so besides the ocasional annoying one (I'm looking at you Antoniodas) it's going smooth.

Interesting - do you just let it do full random party every time?
MoonlitBlackCat
#9 Posted : Friday, December 3, 2021 2:18:07 PM(UTC)
MoonlitBlackCat

Yeah full random with the build-up I explained.

I only selected diablo because he was stuck at level 7.
Bot didnt like him.

So selected diablo, run heroic 1-1 until he was 25 and then back to full random on Heroic 2-6.

It does not matter if it completes it. All I want is tasks.
(see my previous post)
tmcm
#10 Posted : Friday, December 3, 2021 6:11:08 PM(UTC)

MoonlitBlackCat;61697 wrote:
Yeah full random with the build-up I explained.

I only selected diablo because he was stuck at level 7.
Bot didnt like him.

So selected diablo, run heroic 1-1 until he was 25 and then back to full random on Heroic 2-6.

It does not matter if it completes it. All I want is tasks.
(see my previous post)

Interesting - I'll give it a go. I've found a really good solution for speeding up all animations which makes task farming super fast.
MoonlitBlackCat
#11 Posted : Saturday, December 4, 2021 10:07:10 AM(UTC)
MoonlitBlackCat

tmcm;61699 wrote:
Interesting - I'll give it a go. I've found a really good solution for speeding up all animations which makes task farming super fast.

I just run an macro that clicks all the animations away to speed the bot up even more :)
tmcm
#12 Posted : Saturday, December 4, 2021 10:24:59 AM(UTC)

MoonlitBlackCat;61702 wrote:
I just run an macro that clicks all the animations away to speed the bot up even more :)

That's a great idea too - I just have all animations running at 5x speed so don't even notice the animation time any more.
fireplace
#15 Posted : Saturday, December 11, 2021 6:37:59 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Not all the mercenaries are on the selection list (Sky Master is one). If you can refresh the list.

Thanks for sorting it by alpha now.
1 user thanked fireplace for this useful post.
karrelcut on 12/22/2021(UTC)
agent0range21
#13 Posted : Thursday, December 23, 2021 5:01:09 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
tmcm;61703 wrote:
That's a great idea too - I just have all animations running at 5x speed so don't even notice the animation time any more.

how did you make animation runs x5 speed?
MoonlitBlackCat
#14 Posted : Thursday, December 23, 2021 5:32:43 PM(UTC)
MoonlitBlackCat

agent0range21;61761 wrote:
how did you make animation runs x5 speed?

Windows Key + r, type "%localappdata%\Blizzard\Hearthstone",add these two lines in options.txt:

Code:
targetframerate=144

vsync=0

Change "targetframerate=144" to a higher number to test how fast you want it/what your pc can handle. Example targetframerate=288