Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Is the bot community dying along with the game?
ustica
#1 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2019 6:25:15 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Almost all people I knew that were playing Harthstone have quit. From what I see, this forum has been almost deserted for months. This last shitty expansion was another nail in the coffin of this game (after Brode left, the devs have gone crazy with some of the most insulting nerfs ever).
I decided I am no longer supporting the game with my money, so I rely completely on the bot. Sadly, the winrate is so low I ended last month at rank 19!
What do you think? Is this bot going to die? What about the game itself?
Explosia
#2 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2019 9:32:18 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
All games and hacks/bots will meet its demise since humans get bored. The game isn't close to dead since you can still matchmake pretty fast. I don't know about the bot since we don't know if its making money or not. The forum sure is dead until someone is kind enough to freelance making configs/decks.

The last effective configs is wild jade druid, It can still do better than rank 19 unless your computer/laptop is not fast enough to play the deck.
henktencate
#3 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2019 9:33:55 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I'm not sure where you're from, but where I live there's a flourishing community with lots of active and competitive players. Also calling the last expansion and nerfs shitty and insulting is rather subjective, as I myself and other with me would disagree with you on that. It's true that new competitors are on the rise, such as Artifact, Bazaar, Gwent, Shadowverse, and MTG online. Hearthstone might lose its monopoly (if it hasn't done so already), but the game is far from dying.
This bot on the other hand, the few great config writers have departed about a year ago and it's up to the community to pick up where they left. You yourself could make a difference by learning to write configs, test and refine them, and share with the community.
ustica
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 8, 2019 6:52:57 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 20 post(s)
henktencate;58116 wrote:
I'm not sure where you're from, but where I live there's a flourishing community with lots of active and competitive players. Also calling the last expansion and nerfs shitty and insulting is rather subjective, as I myself and other with me would disagree with you on that. It's true that new competitors are on the rise, such as Artifact, Bazaar, Gwent, Shadowverse, and MTG online. Hearthstone might lose its monopoly (if it hasn't done so already), but the game is far from dying.
This bot on the other hand, the few great config writers have departed about a year ago and it's up to the community to pick up where they left. You yourself could make a difference by learning to write configs, test and refine them, and share with the community.

I agree my point of view is totally subjective. I just think that nerfing cards that were in the original set like Wild Growth and Nourish, and doing it after 5 years that they have been around, is the demonstration the devs don't know how to make new cards properly. Just my pov, of course.
It's sad however that this once great community is starving. I have a family and a fulltime job, so I have no time for this game (that's why I paid for this bot: to make it play while I work).
I am not pointing fingers at this community: I was just asking