Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Ropping, low spec? Dont think so...
Iso
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2018 5:03:23 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Hey,
so lately I have problem with ropping on my i5 4 y.o. laptop which should be ok for that kind of tasks...
What I observe on Ljac and misused decks is bot's calculating almost till ropping starts... then if he perform all stuff in a row it would do the trick but then it does several actions and start to calculate again and again after another action even it's 5 x face attacks with no effects, no secrets, nothing. Tried low spec settings, same problem plus dumb decisions.
Iso
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2018 5:06:37 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Add:
http://www.hearthranger....itchwood-Expansion.aspx
there is discussion bout slow calc and ropping going on, not only my problem it seems.
kamil234
#3 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2018 5:36:42 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 20 post(s)
If you dont want it to recalculate, disable the syncboard parameter.

You are using a laptop to do AI calculations. i5 laptop (is normally LV or ULV) is not comparable to desktop version of i5. Unless you have one of those giant gaming laptops with desktop chip in them.

AI is very CPU intensive. If you rope, decrease max depth and disable syncboard.
sammy6369
#4 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2018 10:49:02 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
kamil234;56017 wrote:
If you dont want it to recalculate, disable the syncboard parameter.

You are using a laptop to do AI calculations. i5 laptop (is normally LV or ULV) is not comparable to desktop version of i5. Unless you have one of those giant gaming laptops with desktop chip in them.

AI is very CPU intensive. If you rope, decrease max depth and disable syncboard.

What's the negative effect of disabling it?
kamil234
#5 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2018 10:54:37 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 20 post(s)
sammy6369;56027 wrote:
What's the negative effect of disabling it?

the way bot works, normally, let's say bot calculates to kill a opponent deathrattle minion:

it does calculation -> move -> attack(kill minion) -> deathrattle triggers and new minion is summoned.. now the board state change -> it will recalculate the board state and remaining moves and determine if its worth killing the new minion or not. -> if no more moves, end turn

If you disable it, it will not recalculate the board state if it changes, and just continue moving according to the original calculation.

So it will do calculation -> move -> attack -> (even though there is new board state, it does not recalcuate) -> end turn

Its bad, for example, if you kill a deathrattle that has a chance to summon a big or threatening minion, it will not kill that minion, it will just go face (or whatever the original calculation was)