Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

[SOLVED]Server not ready, restart to try again
billgone
#1 Posted : Monday, May 8, 2017 2:15:41 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
So the server is not working for me for 3 days already, tried to use the bot i didn't work so I thought I should update the bot...that didn't work either
I have already tried the standard "solutions" i.e. deleted old files, re-downloaded all files from the server - didn't help...downloaded and re-installed NET Framework, also didn't help.

Server down

Any ideas?
JoyAdmin
#2 Posted : Monday, May 8, 2017 10:39:27 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 4538 time(s) in 1636 post(s)
Please ensure your system's firewall doesn't block tcp/ip port 81 (Launcher.exe uses this port).

Or you can try to start Hearthranger.exe directly, there is no need to start from Launcher.exe if it's already the latest version.

Or you can use VPN to solve this issue too.
billgone
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 9, 2017 12:49:11 AM(UTC)

Hi, thank you for your suggestions but
i don't use windows firewall or any firewall at all (always off, so there are no programs that could block the ports)
if i try to open the HS Bot directly, it just gets stuck on Checking game environment forever, it wont even open Edit task at all

as for VPN, until 3 days ago everything worked just fine for months without any problems
JoyAdmin
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 9, 2017 1:10:58 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 4538 time(s) in 1636 post(s)
Such issue is caused by bot has no right to access game's directory, or windows temp directory, or game's process.

Please check this FAQ :

http://www.hearthranger....chine-From-Offline.aspx

and this one too:

http://www.hearthranger....neFromOffline-Error.aspx
billgone
#5 Posted : Monday, May 15, 2017 12:58:04 PM(UTC)

No, that was not it, BUTI got it to work, and i'm gonna tell you the story so that you can add the solution to you Q&A or troubleshooting or whatever so that the next poor soul with the same problem has a solution.

So this whole time the problem was .....drumrolls please...proxy.

Around the time that Hearthranger stoped working i've installed and uninstalled some programs and updates, let's call it computer spring cleaning.
Hearthranger stoped working at the same time, but i didn't pay much attention to the timings because i thought the one had nothing to do with the other.

So someone, some update, somehow (it wasn't me because i didn't even know that that was a thing until i googled it) changed the LAN Proxy settings on my PC.
I have noticed it only when I opened Chrome. I always use Firefox and I only use Chrome for.......private....browsing.
So there I was, home alone, opened Chrome private window to shop for presents for my family members when i noticed that there is no connection to the internet.

I switched back to Firefox, everything worked as normal. Back to Chrome, still no connection for any page.
So after a little googling on Firefox, I worked it out that i have to unckech the "use a proxy server for your LAN" box. After that everything worked like a charm.

On the page here it is very nicely explained how to fix this.
Instruction on how to fix the issue

P.S. Dear Admin can you mark this topic as SOLVED if someone else needs help.
Thank you
1 user thanked billgone for this useful post.
JoyAdmin on 5/15/2017(UTC)
Smokebound
#6 Posted : Friday, November 9, 2018 9:45:14 AM(UTC)

billgone;49336 wrote:
No, that was not it, BUTI got it to work, and i'm gonna tell you the story so that you can add the solution to you Q&A or troubleshooting or whatever so that the next poor soul with the same problem has a solution.

So this whole time the problem was .....drumrolls please...proxy.

Around the time that Hearthranger stoped working i've installed and uninstalled some programs and updates, let's call it computer spring cleaning.
Hearthranger stoped working at the same time, but i didn't pay much attention to the timings because i thought the one had nothing to do with the other.

So someone, some update, somehow (it wasn't me because i didn't even know that that was a thing until i googled it) changed the LAN Proxy settings on my PC.
I have noticed it only when I opened Chrome. I always use Firefox and I only use Chrome for.......private....browsing.
So there I was, home alone, opened Chrome private window to shop for presents for my family members when i noticed that there is no connection to the internet.

I switched back to Firefox, everything worked as normal. Back to Chrome, still no connection for any page.
So after a little googling on Firefox, I worked it out that i have to unckech the "use a proxy server for your LAN" box. After that everything worked like a charm.

On the page here it is very nicely explained how to fix this.
Instruction on how to fix the issue

P.S. Dear Admin can you mark this topic as SOLVED if someone else needs help.
Thank you

So if your proxy is set on the browser, there is no way to use it? I kinda need my machine to get covered with residential proxies on Chrome. Is there another way to get around this issues without disabling? A bit lost there.