Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Can someone help with _mulligan.txt please?
nickniebaum
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2016 12:08:14 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I'm new to HR, been using the trial (4hrs/day) for the past couple of days. Last night I discovered you can use silverfish and tweak settings (_mulligan.txt, _combo.txt, settings.txt) and am thrilled to see the bot performing way better than it did out of the box. I created custom _mulligan.txt and _combo.txt files to try to get the most out of the deck I'm currently using since I'm fairly new to Hearthstone as well (started at the beginning of January). I *think* my _combo.txt is working, I only watched a few games with it active, however I've witnessed the bot not following rules I have in _mulligan.txt. My log file/terminal window is showing "read _mulligan.txt" in it, so I feel like it is finding the file.

What I'm trying to do with _mulligan.txt is to keep all 3-drop and lower cards in my deck, EXCEPT for Arcane Intellect. I'm also trying to keep Mechanical Yeti, Goblin Blastmage and Polymorph. Here's the file in its current state:

Originally the first two rules I had replaced with:

Which I thought would achieve the desired effect, but it didn't seem to work (should it?). I am pretty sure that my current _mulligan.txt is not working as expected. Any thoughts? Also below is my _combo.txt, like I said I think it is working, but if any of the vets want to take a quick look and confirm for me, I'd appreciate it! Intent should be shown in comments:

Lastly, a random question. In _combo.txt, on the topic of assigning bonuses to certain combos, how should one decide on what value to use? I am using this forum post to try to write my combo file (is there a better explanation somewhere?): http://www.hearthranger.com/forum/yaf_postsm27750_silverfish-update.aspx#post27750

In that forum post, there is a paragraph where the cardvalue:CARD_ID,VALUE directive is discussed and he mentions that a value of 500 or more will prevent the card from being played at all unless its a lethal move. That leads me to believe that the max value a board can have is 500, so I've been giving bonus values based on this. For example, a few of my bonus values are 100. I am assuming that this is giving a 20% (100 out of 500) more preference to the board resulting from that move. Am I correct in thinking this way, or does it work differently?

Thank you for the help!