Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Don't wait for animation to finish before making next move
ralphy
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2015 12:07:05 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
This bot has the most human-like dragging style I've seen out of any other bot out there including smartbot.

However one glaring problem is that it always waits for the animation to complete before attacking, playing another card, or ending the turn.

Would it be possible to remove this delay and/or randomize it?
JoyAdmin
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2015 2:51:16 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 4539 time(s) in 1637 post(s)
It's already randomized.
memisis
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2015 6:37:32 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 9 post(s)
how about let the bot do all attack commands with almost no delay, if its gonna hit the face ?
normaly i m attacking pretty fast if i dont need to wait for something like the sludge belcher rattle
Golddieb
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2015 7:25:32 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 49 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Would love to have the option to tell my AI either not to wait for an action to be finished (like some card draw animation if you don't care about the result) or delay a certain time before doing the next action (some kind of additional wait-action to resolve card-IDs of summoned minions by deathrattle-effects)
ralphy
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2015 2:06:56 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
JoyAdmin;24658 wrote:
It's already randomized.

I have been watching the bot and it seems to take the same amount of time before clicking end turn. It waits for the previous animation to fully complete and then clicks it half a second later.
delay-lamo
#6 Posted : Saturday, April 25, 2015 8:19:04 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Actually it doesn't always wait for animations to complete, and it's often bad. I saw many times when, let's say, opponent has two cards on board, bot kills one, then starts to attack another, but it gets moved after first is dead, and bot seems confused.
Also sometimes he tries to attack wrong target after Sludge Belcher is dead, but the small taunter hasn't appeared yet: he tries to attack another target but can't.

UPD: Much alike to the first case behavior is with some minions like Vodoo Doctor: bot plays the card, aims healing effect on the spot where another card was, but it got moved a bit, so the bot gets confused for a couple of seconds.

UPD2(my pure speculation): I understand, that could be due to Position allocated to Card object refreshes only every two seconds or so . Maybe add some "offset" value for a number of cards to add to Position once it decides to play the card.