Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Free Open Beta Re-Opened.
FaceMeetMace
#44 Posted : Friday, December 12, 2014 12:19:08 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Glad I've stumbled across this little gem! First time user and I've encountered nothing but errors thus far.
First and foremost I STRONGLY recommend a tutorial on initial setup. This is totally lacking and took an hour of stumbling around the forums to realize there were separate update launchers, the need for a specific login that isn't stated anywhere, etc.
After getting past what I BELIEVE is the initial setup I've encountered my first issue.
I have the option of attempting arena after accumulating X amount of gold disabled (mostly due to the fact that I have very little gold at this time). Upon launching, the bot IMMEDIATELY attempts to launch arena, then falls in to a loop of returning to main, but never actually does so. When I manually click out to main, it jumps back in.
I managed to quickly back out to main and then into the standard play mode. I had selected priest as my deck. This may again go to not having a tutorial, but I cannot at this point discern if I'm supposed to only use basic cards or not.
I used my custom priest deck. It never moved forward to launching the game.
I manually chose a casual game. It paired me up against a shaman. In the initial discard screen, it toggled back and forth between the two center cards (I had second go). It selected to discard them, then deselected. Then it selected. And deselected again. So on and so forth. Until I finally saw the popup that I had 10 seconds left. At this point, because I don't like loosing, I was forced to close the program in order to play (and beat) the shaman.
I'm apprehensive as to whether or not I should give it another whirl. It looks like it has a TON of potential, just may be equally detrimental. I will be actively following and adding in whatever insight I may have to offer along the way. I'll keep you updated, and if anyone has any suggestions to the problem I'm facing, please don't hesitate to inform or correct me!

Kindest Regards,
FaceMeetMace
akalonkey
#45 Posted : Friday, December 12, 2014 1:56:21 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
FaceMeetMace;21445 wrote:

First and foremost I STRONGLY recommend a tutorial on initial setup. This is totally lacking and took an hour of stumbling around the forums to realize there were separate update launchers, the need for a specific login that isn't stated anywhere, etc.

There is: http://www.hearthranger....utorials/HowToStart.htm
After getting past what I BELIEVE is the initial setup I've encountered my first issue.
I have the option of attempting arena after accumulating X amount of gold disabled (mostly due to the fact that I have very little gold at this time). Upon launching, the bot IMMEDIATELY attempts to launch arena, then falls in to a loop of returning to main, but never actually does so. When I manually click out to main, it jumps back in.
I managed to quickly back out to main and then into the standard play mode. I had selected priest as my deck. This may again go to not having a tutorial, but I cannot at this point discern if I'm supposed to only use basic cards or not.

This is because you didn't pause/stop the bot when you went to the main menu so it kept trying to go to the arena since you didn't edit the settings (don't know why it automatically set it to Arena, I have multiple runs of HR and never encountered this.)
I used my custom priest deck. It never moved forward to launching the game.

This is because you still have Arena selected in the settings (assuming you did you must change the settings to what game mode you want to play and then select your custom deck; both can be done by using the drop boxes.)
I have been using this bot for about a week now and I honestly havn't had any game/bot breaking bugs, only small things such as not using X card in between two minions to give taunt (now fixed!), not using spare parts, and not using Frostwolf Warlord and other cards like it ( http://prntscr.com/5fvthg )before my minions attacked.
2 users thanked akalonkey for this useful post.
JoyAdmin on 12/13/2014(UTC), joshuaxl on 1/14/2015(UTC)
inci2622
#46 Posted : Friday, December 12, 2014 3:31:55 PM(UTC)

thx I love you <3 :))
mrhands88
#47 Posted : Sunday, January 4, 2015 12:06:34 AM(UTC)

When will it close again?
JoyAdmin
#48 Posted : Sunday, January 4, 2015 12:57:53 AM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 4539 time(s) in 1637 post(s)
We'll close free open-beta soon.
1 user thanked JoyAdmin for this useful post.
joshuaxl on 1/14/2015(UTC)
MaPillow
#49 Posted : Monday, January 5, 2015 12:06:03 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I dont need the second license. 12,50€ is attractive, not a second license :/
Gold...Gold everywhere oO
joshuaxl
#50 Posted : Wednesday, January 14, 2015 7:22:11 PM(UTC)
joshuaxl

Groups: Registered, HSModerator
Man

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hey there, First of all let me thank you for creating HearthRanger bot :)
And obviousy second of all thanks for making free to use for everyone for a certain amount of time!
Kind Regards,

JoshuaXL™ ~ HSModerator
pacefalm
#51 Posted : Saturday, January 17, 2015 1:16:47 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Great idea mate, will keep the community happy for awhile :).
thedarklite
#53 Posted : Sunday, January 18, 2015 6:26:40 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)
great bot,only started using it yesterday,had a little trouble at start but got it to work in a couple minutes of tinkering! no problems! thank you! :D
Johan22
#54 Posted : Thursday, January 22, 2015 3:53:37 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
thedarklite;22922 wrote:
great bot,only started using it yesterday,had a little trouble at start but got it to work in a couple minutes of tinkering! no problems! thank you! :D

Try looking around the forum to improve on your deck winrate.
mrhands88
#55 Posted : Monday, March 16, 2015 10:38:52 PM(UTC)

When do we get our extra codes? Is it possible to register two different codes under the same account?
Pizzon
#28 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2015 6:54:44 PM(UTC)

Man

Purga;21068 wrote:
forever open pls

No one will waste Money on bot,
just put cash in game

aprreciate your job.

Come on man, im guessing you're living off of government checks but how would you feel if you spent month's worth of consecutive hours programming a scripted AI bot just to have someone say "No one will waste money you on your bot". Joy, please disregard this jerk and power to you, we will be buying it from you. 30$ for a program to help out is great. Especially when blizzard makes us grind 5-7+ hrs for 2.99$ worth of cards lol. As a student in programming, I feel your finger cramping pains and I will be supporting if the project goes well.
JoyAdmin
#56 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2015 11:12:47 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 4539 time(s) in 1637 post(s)
Thanks Pizzon, yes it needs lots of work to make good bot.

bot is very useful for someone who wants to play a game but still wants a real life.
Pizzon
#57 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2015 7:33:36 AM(UTC)

Man

Youre welcome. Yeah but of course, nothings perfect, i say it hits the head on the nail about 90%ish of the time. Thats running 10000/100 (my main comp is down ). And agreed there, And from 10ish months of buying packs and arenas ive only acquired Jaraxxus and Hogger... aaand add on the 1000s on other blizzard games im not down for 200$+ on hs lol. *PS horray drunk posting lol* oh btw soon i will have new arena runs for posting
3 Pages<123