Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Another Bot Wave Today (Hearthranger Seems Fine)
served24
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 7, 2015 1:02:39 PM(UTC)
served24

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
That's scary. I read through all of their ban reports (2 entire pages worth of posts) and its just so sad. Some people only botted for like an hour. They must have found a way to detect hb. That's so sad. For now, I think i'm going to stop using Hearthranger. Its a great product but honestly, my account is worth a lot and I've dropped too much money into this game to lose it all. I'm not discrediting HR in any way, if i could continue to use it I would. But if you think about it, they've pretty much banned a majority of HB users now. Which means, who's next? You do the math. Good luck people.

@JoyAdmin i really want to hear your opinion on this. Whether its safe to continue botting or not.
JoyAdmin
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 7, 2015 1:33:58 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 4539 time(s) in 1637 post(s)
I think Hearthranger is the safest HS bot you can have, but there is no 100% safe bot, if you concern about ban risk of you main account, stop botting for some time, or start a whole new account.
mrhands88
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 7, 2015 2:48:24 PM(UTC)

I think you guys should end open beta because blizz might reverse engineer HR sooner or later and find a way to ban people using it
masteryi2
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 7, 2015 2:55:56 PM(UTC)

No closing beta is way to early!
paulgetbig
#6 Posted : Saturday, February 7, 2015 3:13:33 PM(UTC)

Man

Do you guys the name of the Bot that got players banned? i wonder if the bot was injecting or things like that.
Yoin
#7 Posted : Saturday, February 7, 2015 3:17:00 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered, HSModerator

Was thanked: 218 time(s) in 108 post(s)
paulgetbig;23613 wrote:
Do you guys the name of the Bot that got players banned? i wonder if the bot was injecting or things like that.

The bot was hearthbuddy.
My Control rules: here.
draezl
#9 Posted : Sunday, February 8, 2015 6:58:08 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Guess its only moments before HS users will be a affected :/
Yoin
#10 Posted : Sunday, February 8, 2015 7:50:18 AM(UTC)

Nobody knows when the ban hammer will hit. We must know that botting using HR is not 100% safe (no bot is 100% safe). For now we had 3 banwaves. First one affected HC's users and the second and third mainly HB's users.

If you are afraid of your account, don't bot it. Never! If you did, maybe is to late. I've read an user who was banned after two months without play HS and of course he didn't use a bot in that time.

If you've spent some money on the account, don't bot it either.
paulgetbig
#11 Posted : Sunday, February 8, 2015 3:12:25 PM(UTC)

Man

I was one of the HC users at the time and i'm honestly still confused about the ban wave since not everyone got banned. By the looks of it..most HB users got banned(tho i;m not sure). Are they banning players by reports or detection?
mrhands88
#12 Posted : Monday, February 9, 2015 6:57:56 AM(UTC)

If they found some way to detect HB, they will find some way to detect HR. We might be next unless if there's another popular HS bot out there.
Yoin
#13 Posted : Monday, February 9, 2015 7:57:10 AM(UTC)

SB is popular too and it was cracked recently so a lot of ppl are using it now. IMHO next wave will hit them or at least ppl who are using the cracked version.
Of course, we have a chance to be hitted by the waveban too, but that depends on how blizzard knows who is botting. If is for player reports we wont be hitted. If it is for a third app detecting the bot maybe we be hitted, and that depends on the security of HR bot.
fuskfusk
#14 Posted : Wednesday, February 11, 2015 6:39:51 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Is it worth to stop botting? Or is the account compromised either way if Blizzard goes for HR within a few months?

I stopped botting on my "main" account recently because I got all the Naxx wings with the botted gold along with a few arenas and packs. So I'm pretty satisfied with what the bot has done on that account, and would like to keep it if possible.

I made a new account that I started botting on for now and will use my previously mentioned legitly.
rebelranger
#15 Posted : Saturday, February 14, 2015 10:32:23 PM(UTC)

so I got a user message just now, the guy basically said he reported me for boting
its either cause of silverfish trying to target invalid targets or not conceding when enemy have lethal
most probably the former

I kinda knew this was going to happen..

the question that remains is: what the devs do upon a bot report? on its own its nothing, its not gonna award me a ban, but will I be stalked by them? probably not too, I doubt they will look upon every bot report, the ban waves are probably software detection

anyway, I'll just keep on doing it, this is a relatively new account, no money spent, I would be sad to get banned, but we got to expect the worse

I have some programing experience and will try to look silverfish code this week, its a good and fast AI, but the targeting of immune minions and not conceding upon lethal is a big give away
Yoin
#16 Posted : Sunday, February 15, 2015 4:56:29 AM(UTC)

Sorry for that. :(

All we was aware of the silverfish bug, which was posted a big ammount of times on the board, and I said always that it would finished in a ban by players' reports. Maybe the silverfish must be removed from HR installer until that the bug will be fixed to avoid this situation. Just my opinion.

I hope that you are right about players reports and the use of third party app, but I am not sure. IMHO, players' reports is the main way to ban waves, but I dont know how many times a player must be reported before to be hitted by the ban hammer.

Start a new account is a good option, but you can continue botting the reported account also, just in case that it wouldnt be banned.

Good luck ;)
Golddieb
#17 Posted : Sunday, February 15, 2015 10:01:32 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 49 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Sorry to hear that.

I would stop botting for a while on this account.
If they did not flag you as botter via automatic bot detection, the report may result in a manual observation of your gaming behavior/online trafic for the next days.

I don't think Blizz can store all the data of all the players playing multiple games per day.
Thus, a single report can't result in a ban without any evidence or any hater could blame a top player being a botter and he would loose his account.
draezl
#18 Posted : Wednesday, February 25, 2015 3:04:12 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Any news on this? No one using HR has been banned yet right?
Yoin
#19 Posted : Wednesday, February 25, 2015 4:45:34 PM(UTC)

nobody was banned