Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Still way too many misplays
Cynn
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 26, 2017 10:10:42 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
When Im watching the bot play almost every game I could report 1-3 misplays. Sometimes it plays so dumb that Im worried to even keep the bot running because it might easily be detected as bot by other players.

A few examples:
- With almost every aggro deck Ive noticed that if there is some kind of buff avaible, like Acherus Veteran in Pally or Houndmaster with Hunter, it almost always attacks face with the minion BEFORE buffing it, very dumb and no human would do this, especially not multiple times in 1 match
- When Priest has Priest of the Feast up, it continues to attack face instead of trying to get rid of it. Meanwhile the Priest keeps healing all the face damage the bot did because of Priest of the Feast.
- When Hunter has any secrets laying down the bot is way too afraid to attack. I watched aggro pally and even though all my minions had divine shield it just ended the turn without doing anything. Granted there WAS Explosive Trap laying there but with all my minions having divine shield it wouldve been a good moment to get rid of it.
- Missed lethal with Pally vs Warlock with 1 hp because it using hero power BEFORE putting down knife juggler. Afterwards the Warlock did the whole lackey > dark pact combo and it lost the game.

These are just a few examples and Ive reported them all but almost every game there are a few very stupid misplays, I cant report them all every single game, nor am I planning to keep watching the bot play all the time. Kind of defeats the whole purpose of running a bot really.
Now I dont want to sound ungrateful or anything, I know everybody working on the bot and the decks are putting in alot of work, but at this point I dont even want to run my bot because it makes so many really dumb plays way too often that the risk of getting reported and banned is much higher.

I will keep reporting any misplay I see so I can contribute to the quality of the bot but I hope some really bad things (like buffs AFTER going face) get fixed soon because if it does it multiple times in 1 match people are almost guaranteed to think that its a bot and report you
2 users thanked Cynn for this useful post.
criialone on 12/27/2017(UTC), organizm on 12/28/2017(UTC)
antoseb
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 26, 2017 10:47:46 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 9 post(s)
The way i see it this bot is more useful as a brute force tool than a real precise tool. That is to say it excels at making it to rank 5 by sheer volume of games played (while maintaining a win% above 50). In my experience too it has made some very bad misplays, but a lot of them are hard to fix with the current ai setup. This bot is meant to get to rank 5 and then do casual gold-cap grinding, not play at a high level game-to-game. Sure there are a bunch of misplays that could still be fixed such as the attack then buff issue, but otherwise I think the bot is doing pretty well for its intended purpose. I'd rather most of the devtime be focused on stealth and added options.
1 user thanked antoseb for this useful post.
criialone on 12/27/2017(UTC)
Cynn
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 26, 2017 11:21:27 AM(UTC)

antoseb;53459 wrote:
The way i see it this bot is more useful as a brute force tool than a real precise tool. That is to say it excels at making it to rank 5 by sheer volume of games played (while maintaining a win% above 50). In my experience too it has made some very bad misplays, but a lot of them are hard to fix with the current ai setup. This bot is meant to get to rank 5 and then do casual gold-cap grinding, not play at a high level game-to-game. Sure there are a bunch of misplays that could still be fixed such as the attack then buff issue, but otherwise I think the bot is doing pretty well for its intended purpose. I'd rather most of the devtime be focused on stealth and added options.

Yeah thats true. The bot does DO what its supposed to do. But Im mostly worried about misplays that are so weird that people might easily notice that theyre playing against a bot. And that becomes a problem because if enough people report you for suspecting botting, the bigger the chance is that Blizzard will look into your behaviour. So the risk of being banned becomes higher.
1 user thanked Cynn for this useful post.
i50010
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 27, 2017 5:25:25 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
People might think it's a child playing so maybe it's ok
1 user thanked i50010 for this useful post.
Ljac
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 28, 2017 1:35:43 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Hello, you can fix all of these by creating a custom config.

- With almost every aggro deck Ive noticed that if there is some kind of buff avaible, like Acherus Veteran in Pally or Houndmaster with Hunter, it almost always attacks face with the minion BEFORE buffing it, very dumb and no human would do this, especially not multiple times in 1 match

Give your Acherus Veterans and Houndmasters playing priorities - this makes it so they are played first, then other actions are taken.

- When Priest has Priest of the Feast up, it continues to attack face instead of trying to get rid of it. Meanwhile the Priest keeps healing all the face damage the bot did because of Priest of the Feast.

Either play control (so second turn setting must be 1, not 0 as in an aggro deck), or techn some cards against it (Spellbreaker, Vilespine in Rogue, etc.). There is currently no good way to make an Aggro deck target specific minions as Aggro is just a synonym for SMORC.

- When Hunter has any secrets laying down the bot is way too afraid to attack. I watched aggro pally and even though all my minions had divine shield it just ended the turn without doing anything. Granted there WAS Explosive Trap laying there but with all my minions having divine shield it wouldve been a good moment to get rid of it.

That's because you generally do not attack face when the Hunter has secrets. You can wear out a Hunter, but a triggered Hunter Secret can hurt you really bad. If you want to avoid the scenario, you can run Secret removal - Flare, Eater of Secrets - either way, Secret Hunter and Mage are about as popular as ever, 1 tech card won't hurt.

- Missed lethal with Pally vs Warlock with 1 hp because it using hero power BEFORE putting down knife juggler. Afterwards the Warlock did the whole lackey > dark pact combo and it lost the game.

Don't know of a working config that doesn't give a big PlayPriority to Knife Juggler. You can't expect the bot to work perfectly without a config. Also, run Spellbreaker. This is perhaps the only meta in which Spellbreaker is mandatory in the last 3 or so years.
Cynn
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 28, 2017 5:47:11 PM(UTC)

Ljac;53502 wrote:
Hello, you can fix all of these by creating a custom config.

Give your Acherus Veterans and Houndmasters playing priorities - this makes it so they are played first, then other actions are taken.

Either play control (so second turn setting must be 1, not 0 as in an aggro deck), or techn some cards against it (Spellbreaker, Vilespine in Rogue, etc.). There is currently no good way to make an Aggro deck target specific minions as Aggro is just a synonym for SMORC.

That's because you generally do not attack face when the Hunter has secrets. You can wear out a Hunter, but a triggered Hunter Secret can hurt you really bad. If you want to avoid the scenario, you can run Secret removal - Flare, Eater of Secrets - either way, Secret Hunter and Mage are about as popular as ever, 1 tech card won't hurt.

Don't know of a working config that doesn't give a big PlayPriority to Knife Juggler. You can't expect the bot to work perfectly without a config. Also, run Spellbreaker. This is perhaps the only meta in which Spellbreaker is mandatory in the last 3 or so years.

I was running Aggro Pally with community made config. I assumed it had those things programmed into them. But thanks Ill see if I can adjust it myself
organizm
#7 Posted : Thursday, December 28, 2017 6:48:22 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Cynn;53457 wrote:
When Im watching the bot play almost every game I could report 1-3 misplays. Sometimes it plays so dumb that Im worried to even keep the bot running because it might easily be detected as bot by other players.

A few examples:

These are just a few examples and Ive reported them all but almost every game there are a few very stupid misplays, I cant report them all every single game, nor am I planning to keep watching the bot play all the time. Kind of defeats the whole purpose of running a bot really.
Now I dont want to sound ungrateful or anything, I know everybody working on the bot and the decks are putting in alot of work, but at this point I dont even want to run my bot because it makes so many really dumb plays way too often that the risk of getting reported and banned is much higher.

I will keep reporting any misplay I see so I can contribute to the quality of the bot but I hope some really bad things (like buffs AFTER going face) get fixed soon because if it does it multiple times in 1 match people are almost guaranteed to think that its a bot and report you

Well said. When I use bot I watch all the games and can always see when the opponent uses a bot. Usually I switch it off after a couple of games lost due to silly mistakes. I think the bot is bad idea for ladder and pretty ok for daily quests.
Probably one day I will learn how to fine tune the bot for specific deck. Seems like there should be specific rules for almost every card in the deck in various situations.