Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

GlobalValues.json values explained
drlockzo
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 6, 2017 3:42:50 PM(UTC)
drlockzo

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I wanted to test and document the settings in GlobalValues.json, not only for myself to tweak the settings for decks, but to get the information and documentation out there without everyone pestering JoyAdmin about each one. All I did was go down the line and set each value 1 by 1 to both 100 and -100, then play a deck that fit the value name in practice mode and see what happened. I've gotten through the global properties, and will post again, likely in 2 days, when I get through the OppGlobal properties.

Global properties for the most part, affect how the bot treats your minions.

Key

FirstTurnValueWeight and SecondTurnValueWeight
These were explained in http://www.hearthranger.com/onlinehelp/hs/visionai/VisionAI_how_to_customize_global_values.htm, so I didn't play with them.

GlobalDivineShield
+: Bot will prefer divine shield minions to other (or no) modifiers (taunt/charge/etc).
- : Bot is less likely to play a divine shield minion.

GlobalDurability
+: The bot was less likely to attack with an equipped weapon, prefering to clear the board with minions, even as "low" as +10
-: Bot will be less likely to equip a weapon, preferring to spend the mana on minions.

GlobalStealth
+ : Bot will prefer stealth to other (or no) modifiers (taunt/charge/etc). Also more likely to keep a stealthed minion stealthed.
- : Bot is less likely to play a stealth minion.

GlobalHeroAttack
This affects how the bot acts when your hero has attack (not from a sweapon)
When I set this high, the druid used his hero power, but wouldn't attack with it, not even face. When playing feral rage, it chose the armor. When it was set low, he used his hero power before any other card and always attacked whatever it could.

GlobalMinionAttack
The higher this property is set, the more minions the bot wants to push out onto the board. Of course, the lower it's set, the fewer minions it feels obligated to play.

GlobalWeaponAttack
Setting this value higher made the bot only equip a new weapon if the attack was greater than the one being replaced. It did use the old weapon before replacing it. Like durability, I waited to have high mana and many weapons. it showed similar behavior, equipping multiple in a turn.

GlobalTaunt
As expected, the higher this is, the more the bot is going to favor playing a taunt over a non-taunt minions.

GlobalOverload
This one worked opposite than expected. The higher the value, the less likely the bot was to play an overload card.

GlobalQuestProgressValue
I played this one with my normal Quest warrior deck, slowly removing json files until all that was left was the globalValues. Nothing changed. My best guess is that with this being added in v9.2, the value wasn't incorporated into the decision making process as an oversight, or later addition.

GlobalFrozen
I couldn't get this one to work either. No matter how I set it, the bot was no more or less likely to freeze an enemy.

GlobalWindfury
Same as GlobalFrozen.

GlobalHeroHealth
When this property was moved higher, the bot attempted to minimize incoming damage and heal any that did occur as soon as it could.

GlobalMinionHealth
Played with a priest, when it was higher the bot preferred to buff minions health, and would play and buff new minions instead of healing the old ones. I set it low and all it did was heal itself and end turn.

GlobalCharge
As expected, prefers playing charge minions. It will play other minions/cards if no charge is available. It will kill opp minions if the charge minion stays alive, but will not kill its own charge minion.

GlobalMinionIntrinsicValue
When this was set lower, all the bot did was hero power (druid), hit face, and end turn. on turn 5 it alro restored health.

I encourage y'all to play around with these values yourselves and post any other findings below. I'll be back with the rest of the values in 2 days. In the spoiler below are my original notes.

7 users thanked drlockzo for this useful post.
NightlyKnight on 5/6/2017(UTC), Dicaste on 5/7/2017(UTC), Silversurfer3456 on 5/8/2017(UTC), twilightsparkele on 5/14/2017(UTC), vasquezdaplaca on 9/12/2017(UTC), systemac on 9/18/2017(UTC), tullkuk on 7/8/2022(UTC)
drlockzo
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 6, 2017 3:44:00 PM(UTC)
drlockzo

Man

I apologize for my absence. I fell ill the past week.

The OppGlobal settings tell the bot how to deal with different aspects of your enemy. This is taking longer to test than the previous, as I usually have no control over what my enemy will be playing.

Key

OppGlobalDivineShield
+: sets higher priority on divine shield minions, but only while they have their bubble. Once the bubble is popped, Vision views it as a regular minion.
- : sets lower priority on divine shield minions.

OppGlobalDurability
+:
- :

OppGlobalStealth
+: higher priority on either killing stealthed minions, or breaking stealth.
- : lower priority on killing stealthed minions or breaking stealth.

OppGlobalHeroAttack
+:
- :

OppGlobalMinionAttack
+:
- :

OppGlobalWeaponAttack
+:
- :

OppGlobalTaunt
+:
- :

OppGlobalOverload
+:
- :

OppGlobalQuestProgressValue
+:
- :

OppGlobalFrozen
+:
- :

OppGlobalWindfury
+: higher priority on killing windfury minions.
- : lower priority on killing windfury minions.

OppGlobalHeroHealth
+: higher priority on hitting face.
- : higher priority on killing minions.

OppGlobalMinionHealth
+:
- :

OppGlobalCharge
+: higher priority on killing charge minions.
- : lower priority on killing charge minions.

OppGlobalMinionIntrinsicValue
+: higher priority on killing minions. Control
- : higher priority on hitting enemy hero. Face\aggro
drlockzo
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 6, 2017 3:45:04 PM(UTC)
drlockzo

Man

reserved
drlockzo
#4 Posted : Saturday, May 6, 2017 3:46:12 PM(UTC)
drlockzo

Man

I'll post some of my GlobalValues here as I work with them, along with a short explanation of why I did it that way.

Quest Warrior
Here, I have the deck played 2 very different ways, depending on what class I'm facing. Face\Mid hunter, or rogue (because it will be a quest rogue). Still a work in progress as I'm adjusting the values, and will likely add logic for pirate warrior.
drlockzo
#5 Posted : Saturday, May 13, 2017 5:05:54 PM(UTC)
drlockzo

Man

Update 5/13: Started OppGlobal properties and posted an example GlobalValues file for a Quest Warrior.
1 user thanked drlockzo for this useful post.
Gotcha567n8811 on 10/6/2017(UTC)