Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Love the bot but as with any bots and hacks afraid of ban, has anyone gotten banned using this?
wiktor99r
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2017 2:57:48 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

What's a safe way to use it so i won't get banned? or do people just not get banned?

If i don't get banned in 1-2 months of running it i think i'll buy the lifetime because i'm loving this bot tbh :)
Miru
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2017 5:16:35 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 5 post(s)
wiktor99r;46102 wrote:
What's a safe way to use it so i won't get banned? or do people just not get banned?

If i don't get banned in 1-2 months of running it i think i'll buy the lifetime because i'm loving this bot tbh :)

Some of my own personal observations, I'm just a new user that is somewhat familiar with the botting scene.

1. Hearthranger isn't an injection based bot like many of the others are. A lot of the bans stem from wrong injection packets being sent to the server
  2. It doesn't seem like Blizzard has actual automatic botting detection like Warden for World of Warcraft and other Blizzard games. This is likely because Hearthstone was built in a different development platform and isn't compatible.
  3. The 'banwaves' that did happen seem to be largely scare tactics and of much smaller scale than the PR makes it seem
  4. The accounts that are banned seem to be largely manually picked, this could be from user-report emails or very suspicious statistics like playing for 10 hours non-stop every day, or the aforementioned packets
  5. With the human-like behavior of the bot it has become very hard for players to identify bots, and the barrier for reports is very high
  6. In 2014 I botted for over 10 hours a day with an injection based bot for about 8 months straight, even almost reaching legend and I haven't been banned

A couple of tips

1. Although I personally didn't do it in the past, keep the hours played human-like and realistic. Close it every now and then or play a regular game in between.
  2. Stay around to intervene when something goes wrong. I haven't experienced it with Hearthranger. But in the past some scripts could mess up with taunt minions, trying to repeat the same impossible move over and over.
  3. Stay at low ranks and let the bot concede to prevent ranking up too much. This is only useful if you're interested in the gold gained from wins. But the player pool at low ranks is much bigger. While in higher ranks you will start meeting the same people multiple times, making it more likely to get caught. These players would also be more likely to actually report something through email.
  4. Modify the mouse speed and hover rate from the default settings. It can also be smart to just change them a bit from time to time.
  5. The scripts and settings for bots intended to climb to higher ranks seem to need a lot more 'thinking time' per action. This could be suspicious to the opponent, I personally only use the fast a.i.
  6. Try to avoid botting right after a monthly reset, the more 'dangerous' playerbase will be in your brackets.
  7. Avoid botting right after a new patch or a new expansion. The bot and scripts won't be updated yet to handle the new cards, and will make those continuous obvious mistakes
  8. Never post screenshots of your account here or on related places. Don't use your battle tag name or email address either
  9. Be aware that you are risking your Hearthstone account, and it could be banned at any time. But this risk seems to be very very low.
3 users thanked Miru for this useful post.
wiktor99r on 2/23/2017(UTC), OverLordus on 2/24/2017(UTC), SilverFish on 3/6/2017(UTC)
wiktor99r
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2017 7:17:13 PM(UTC)

Miru;46104 wrote:
Some of my own personal observations, I'm just a new user that is somewhat familiar with the botting scene.

1. Hearthranger isn't an injection based bot like many of the others are. A lot of the bans stem from wrong injection packets being sent to the server
  2. It doesn't seem like Blizzard has actual automatic botting detection like Warden for World of Warcraft and other Blizzard games. This is likely because Hearthstone was built in a different development platform and isn't compatible.
  3. The 'banwaves' that did happen seem to be largely scare tactics and of much smaller scale than the PR makes it seem
  4. The accounts that are banned seem to be largely manually picked, this could be from user-report emails or very suspicious statistics like playing for 10 hours non-stop every day, or the aforementioned packets
  5. With the human-like behavior of the bot it has become very hard for players to identify bots, and the barrier for reports is very high
  6. In 2014 I botted for over 10 hours a day with an injection based bot for about 8 months straight, even almost reaching legend and I haven't been banned

A couple of tips

1. Although I personally didn't do it in the past, keep the hours played human-like and realistic. Close it every now and then or play a regular game in between.
  2. Stay around to intervene when something goes wrong. I haven't experienced it with Hearthranger. But in the past some scripts could mess up with taunt minions, trying to repeat the same impossible move over and over.
  3. Stay at low ranks and let the bot concede to prevent ranking up too much. This is only useful if you're interested in the gold gained from wins. But the player pool at low ranks is much bigger. While in higher ranks you will start meeting the same people multiple times, making it more likely to get caught. These players would also be more likely to actually report something through email.
  4. Modify the mouse speed and hover rate from the default settings. It can also be smart to just change them a bit from time to time.
  5. The scripts and settings for bots intended to climb to higher ranks seem to need a lot more 'thinking time' per action. This could be suspicious to the opponent, I personally only use the fast a.i.
  6. Try to avoid botting right after a monthly reset, the more 'dangerous' playerbase will be in your brackets.
  7. Avoid botting right after a new patch or a new expansion. The bot and scripts won't be updated yet to handle the new cards, and will make those continuous obvious mistakes
  8. Never post screenshots of your account here or on related places. Don't use your battle tag name or email address either
  9. Be aware that you are risking your Hearthstone account, and it could be banned at any time. But this risk seems to be very very low.

Thank you a lot from your thurough response i really appreciate it!!!! the 8 months 10 hours a day really gives me a good feeling about it.

Whats your sources for point 3 and 4 though?
Miru
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2017 9:00:07 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 5 post(s)
wiktor99r;46106 wrote:
Thank you a lot from your thurough response i really appreciate it!!!! the 8 months 10 hours a day really gives me a good feeling about it.

Whats your sources for point 3 and 4 though?

Well the communities I was involved in personally hardly seemed affected by the 2014 banwave (including me). There are some similar comments about how besides small amounts of individual ban claims, the botting forums/communities never seem to be affected as much as a ban of tens of thousands of accounts would really cause.

sepefeets;44009 wrote:
In early 2016 blizz announced a ban wave because the ladder was full of secret pally bots and it seemed to make secret pally less common but none of the 3 bots had any ban reports so it was a huge mystery of whether anyone really got banned or if it just spooked people into not playing secret pally.

There is no hard evidence for this, but since the game lacks Warden, the only real other option seems to be manual bans. The packets bans is something I read from the creator of this bot.

The 2016 banwave does have some reports (not Hearthranger) on some other forum, these are 6 month Hearthstone suspensions.

http://i.imgur.com/TMyOfxF.png
SilverFish
#3 Posted : Monday, March 6, 2017 9:29:15 AM(UTC)
SilverFish

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Miru;46104 wrote:

A couple of tips

Very Helpful!So Good!
SilverFish