Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

I don't believe botmaker is missing
LucifersChild
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 21, 2016 5:19:20 PM(UTC)
LucifersChild

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
https://www.thebuddyforu...-bm-release-thread.html

I think he has been working in the shadows with HB look at these frequent updates to SF (Silverfish) maybe he's getting paid by them?

not sure but I did notice he disappeared a few months ago on the HR forums and HB forums I'm guessing hes working strictly with HB now and didn't want to be public about his departure with HR.

anyways just thought it was really suspicious because the SF updates are in back to back days either they have a really good coder or its bot maker himself
sepefeets
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 21, 2016 6:24:28 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 584 time(s) in 238 post(s)
They've had their own branch for over a year that was developed independently from botmaker's branch with lots of changes that were different from botmaker's branch, and on a related note SB also has had their own branch for even longer... If he was working for bossland then I don't think he'd have any reason to hide it nor would it really matter to us.
1 user thanked sepefeets for this useful post.
Somerandombot007 on 5/21/2016(UTC)
LucifersChild
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 21, 2016 6:35:16 PM(UTC)
LucifersChild

Man

sepefeets;38218 wrote:
They've had their own branch for over a year that was developed independently from botmaker's branch with lots of changes that were different from botmaker's branch, and on a related note SB also has had their own branch for even longer... If he was working for bossland then I don't think he'd have any reason to hide it nor would it really matter to us.

Hope you dont mind but if botmaker is truly gone then I think you should take his place.. seriously I have used your Silverfish and its really good... if you could make consistent updates to Silverfish it could one day be as good as SmartCC
LucifersChild
#4 Posted : Saturday, May 21, 2016 6:49:34 PM(UTC)
LucifersChild

Man

I have SB I must say its clearly the dominate bot right now the A.I is great plus it has something called coach mode which is basically esp's telling you the best move to make on your turn but their developer kind of fucked eveyone over I dont know if you ever heard of Wirmate and the huge drama that took place not to long ago he removed the lifetime access for his product and threatened to report people to blizzard if they did a charge back.. but despite the dev being a total prick right now currently SB is the best bot if you want to climb the ladder but its a bit pricey with its monthly payments HR is by far my favorite because of how safe it is and I believe it has a lot of potential HB is just very simple to use nothing really advanced about it.

but anyways what I'm getting at is not everyone can pay for SB and not everyone wants to put up with Wirmate's shit its why I bought lifetime for HB and HR and I think you could take botmakers place and do something great with SF

but yea thanks for updating SF even if you dont plan to make anymore updates to it... still was a very nice gesture and it works very well.. cheers