Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New ban wave today?
slewfoot
#1 Posted : Friday, April 8, 2016 2:32:23 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Looks like there was a set of bans today, anyone affected?
zerefsz
#2 Posted : Friday, April 8, 2016 3:53:07 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Seems so, EU region just got hit by banwave, hearthbuddy
Cloud
#3 Posted : Friday, April 8, 2016 8:42:57 AM(UTC)
Cloud

Man

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 45 post(s)
This bot is fine :)
mimoosa
#4 Posted : Friday, April 8, 2016 10:52:20 PM(UTC)

Greetings,

Blizzard had messed up and my friend got banned... My friend sent a ticket and their response were that you are botting or something even though he has never ever had a bot to play for him :D

BlizzardPls
zerefsz
#5 Posted : Friday, April 8, 2016 11:12:11 PM(UTC)

mimoosa;36929 wrote:
Greetings,

Blizzard had messed up and my friend got banned... My friend sent a ticket and their response were that you are botting or something even though he has never ever had a bot to play for him :D

BlizzardPls

Maybe he's secretly using hearthbuddy
thelukester
#6 Posted : Saturday, April 9, 2016 1:14:17 PM(UTC)

Why do they go after hearthbuddy but not hearthranger?
tado1
#7 Posted : Saturday, April 9, 2016 1:53:26 PM(UTC)

Blizz have banned HB users only. HR is save for now i think.
zerefsz
#8 Posted : Sunday, April 10, 2016 1:16:32 PM(UTC)

I just checked Hearthbuddy ban report section and I was amazed, those people got banned for just botting 1-2 hours daily (4-6 hours max), while here I'm botting 10 hours per day and still running.

I guess there's no one that used HR got banned as there's no people posting thread about it yet.
DUS4N
#9 Posted : Sunday, April 10, 2016 1:39:11 PM(UTC)

I will never again use that shit of hearthbuddy
Somerandombot007
#10 Posted : Sunday, April 10, 2016 5:01:38 PM(UTC)
Somerandombot007

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 12 post(s)
I am botting 27/7 with hearthranger and Hearthbuddy on 2 different accounts non ow which got banned yet. I am asking myself why xD
wonka
#11 Posted : Sunday, April 10, 2016 6:10:16 PM(UTC)
wonka

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
This stuff is scary, anyone knows how the get detected?
mimoosa
#12 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 6:49:30 AM(UTC)

Hello!

I am wondering is there any way how we can protect ourselves from getting banned? Or can hearthranger programmers do something to make the bot less detectable?

M.
Cloud
#14 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 7:22:15 AM(UTC)
Cloud

Man

Well, ist hard to make the bot less detectable then 0, because there are no bans for using hearthranger
zerefsz
#13 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 7:37:37 AM(UTC)

mimoosa;36994 wrote:
Hello!

I am wondering is there any way how we can protect ourselves from getting banned? Or can hearthranger programmers do something to make the bot less detectable?

M.

Someone posted some good tips, ill copy paste it for you

Vick Nan;31708 wrote:
I would go with this option for sure. If not for nothing else then the ladies.

Ok. As someone who has been botting between 5 and 10 years, I can with confidence tell you that

1) Don't bot unless prepared to lose everything. If they're really out to hurt you, they will trace your other accounts and you will lose them too.

2)Time botted equals to risk of ban IF you have non-botting friends in your list, whom will get real suspicious, real fast. Solution is to a) don't let them atleast spectate the bot playing and b) rather not let the bot go solo at all so that you can answer chat requests. This leads us to

3) Prefer botting friends, actually either go totally solo or be friends only with people who has your 100% trust. Remember, if you cross them they can go on an offensive, resulting in bad exposure of your ops to Blizz.
4) Blizz relies on people reporting in blatant, ignorant and arrogant botters and will then ban these. They are easily the foremost reason to rage posts on forums, videos on youtube and even bad articles in gaming sites and the old press. This is very very bad for the brand and will be dealt with swiftly. In addition, arrogant botters are usually 100% f2p people and gives nothing but trouble to Blizz.

5) As BlackOak, who has extensive experience in botting Blizz products, stated elsewhere on the forums, Blizz seems to be utilizing the policy ' Pay and Stay'. So get out that credit card or log in to your paypal account and start buying packs. This will reduce your personal blip on the Blizz radar considerably. But remember, you still need to be prepared to lose everything some beautiful day.

6) And finally, the least important thing of it all, is that Blizz doesn't measure session lengths. You would not believe the amount of people doing incredible inhuman maraton lenght sessions which Blizz sees daily.
Amphetamines and other doping products are used widely, they can go up to 30 days without sleep, manically playing one fucking video game the majority of that time. In Korea, people fall off chairs and die because they have been playing for so long that the body just gives up. Smallborn babies are neglected and even have died because mothers play baby-care simulator video games.
What Blizz WILL do, however, is find one common nominator in how the bot operates the game, som technical detail which will work as a giveaway, a certain timing of the bot performing something, failing to do some certain movement, such things. Then they will forward the suspects to real people who starts working the cases and starts monitoring suspect accounts.
This will only happen if a bot in general starts to impact the whole game so much, that a mass ban op is needed.
This happened last year with the other bot, which got all customers banned from fall until christmas and then the botters went out of business. Droves and droves of people started making legendary ranks with zoolock decks and the HearthStone community started to take note, following up with crying foul.

Botting isn't for everyone. You have to be a bit reckless, careless, not afraid of loss and usually you make your own rules.

I bot because I'm intrigued by an ai doing a work which mathematically can be optimized by botting, plus I am not a young single guy anymore, but a family man. I don't have 6hrs per day to dedicate to playing a collectible card game no matter how much I would like to. I do like the thought of my very much loved for accounts not being in the bottom mud though.

So, be smart, be discreet, pay for your way, again keep your head low and finally, do not provoke any sorts of negative reactions from people who potentially might report you.

Best,

Is the ' Pay and Stay' policy real or myth? Should I spend some packs
Cloud
#15 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 9:25:47 AM(UTC)
Cloud

Man

In my opinion, ist a myth but i guess it won't hurt you to spend some money for 1-10 packs to sleep bether:)
er009
#16 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 9:56:41 PM(UTC)
er009

Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 42 post(s)
One option is just to play at low ranking so ppl think ur super bad and thats why you are at this rank or play a deck with less situational cards so bot dont miss play those cards like Hunter's Mark, Keeper of Uldaman, Iron Beak Owl(sometimes), flamewaker and so on.

Ive seen bot do Hunter's Mark on a Haunted Creeper, Keeper on full health Shredder, those are really bad plays imo.
er009
#18 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 9:04:23 PM(UTC)
er009

Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 42 post(s)
So the key here is to make Hearthranger only easy to setup for easy decks to do daily and such to earn gold and never get banned, GOOD DEAL!
wonka
#19 Posted : Sunday, April 17, 2016 1:27:35 PM(UTC)
wonka

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Depends if the have tools to understand if players are using any kind of bot system or if they target specific bots. Anyhow I doubt that anyone using bots is safe.
contagious86
#20 Posted : Sunday, April 17, 2016 5:22:31 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 15 post(s)
wonka;37135 wrote:
Depends if the have tools to understand if players are using any kind of bot system or if they target specific bots. Anyhow I doubt that anyone using bots is safe.

A bot using OCR or some other non intrusive method would be as safe as not using a bot. (And of course a decent AI that plays reasonably)

ps: At least in my opinion, I might be wrong though.