Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Versatile Mech Mage [77% WR]
Milecar121
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 30, 2016 7:57:58 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hello, this is my first deck post. I have been perfecting this deck for both botting and normal play. Besides Dr Boom, its relatively cheap, although I wouldn't recommend newer players to strive for this deck - it took me 3 months to compose, 1 of which I botted.

Actual Deck List
Win Rate

As for things you can swap around, there are a few, but do not change it maximum!

You can swap an Annoy-o-Tron for a second Clockwork Gnome in an aggressive deck.

Do not increase Cogmaster, it's not a mech, and not a very good card without mechs.

I recommend you keep Arcane Explosion for a mini consecration or full consecration with Soot Spewer and/or Azure Drake. It really fills the void of Flamestrike.

Frostbolt is absolutely essential to this deck, good trades, even better with Spell Damage.

Unstable Portal is your late game card, since it has no real synergy with the rest of the deck, but can land you some pretty gamechanging minions.

You probably want to keep Annoy-o-Trons at all costs since they counter other class aggro decks which are faster than Mech Mage.

Ironbeak Owl is essential for the versatility in your deck, as it can be played as a finisher card when you throw Loatheb and the opponents tries to lock you down with a taunt. If you want to swap it out, I recommend you do it for something with just as much utility - preferrably Bloodmage Thalnos, as he fits with Spell Damage and Draw.

You want to keep Mechwarpers at all costs, same with Snowchuggers, really efficient and good early cards.

Soot Spewer is kind of exotic, and you can swap it with Spider Tank if you REALLY want superior stats, otherwise, I use it as a mid-late game card for good arcane explosion clears or Dr Boom one shots etc. If you want, you can swap it for BGH, but he's getting nerfed, so there's that.

Spider Tank, Tinkertowns, Fireballs are absolutely core, all cards with insane power.

I take one Polymorph, but if you throw Arcane Explosion out, you can throw one in, though not recommended since 2 Fireballs and 1 Polymorph remove single target threats in one game with no sweat.

Goblin Blastmage is absolutely core, if you could take 3, you would lol.

Mechanical Yeti is only 1 card because he doesn't bring a lot of utility to the table, just great stats. Also, you need 4 mana minions, and there is hardly a better pick than him. If you have Gormok, you could pick him, even Elise Starseeker might be viable, but I recommend you leave the Yeti unless you have some own tactics.

I take 1 Piloted Shredder because it gets killed easily, basically if you wanted a more mage-ish deck, you could run Azure Drake instead of it, but I do not recommend it since it can be a great card (2 mana Warlocks cards ayy lmao lets go), you could also run Dark Iron Dwarf, but I don't like the card for some reason, so yeah...

1 Azure Drake is really a shame, it's a cool card and you MUST run it in this deck. You could get 1 more if you don't like Belchers that much, but I have found that double Belchers are pretty good in this meta so I suggest you leave it at that.

Loatheb is a must, great "lockdown" card (you can save it for like 10 mana, then put down cogmaster, clockwork, mechwarpers, just literally anyfin can happen mech edition and the opponent MUST play a taunt or trade)- Without it the deck loses a lot of power, if you don't have it, get Pit Fighter.

Double Sludge Belchers are quite good for the bot, as far as I have seen, and I recommend you do run it as that. You could also run 1 Evil Heckler if you wanted a Reno Jackson deck, but I don't recommend it since there are a lot of other double cards in this deck.

Piloted Sky Golem is kind of niche, but it works. The 4 mana cards which you can get are more than often really good (late game animated armor, lets go!), and the trading potential is huge, if it isn't destroyed by a spell. However, it certainly is swappable, I recommend Fel Reaver.

Dr Boom is the bread and butter of most decks for its insane value, I don't think there is any legendary besides Alexstrasza that can replace it, but if you have neither of them, just run a Boulderfist Ogre or some kind of Giant.

Hope you liked my deck and hope you have good results with this. The only bigger weakness this deck has is no sustain, but that is partially solved with taunts. 77% win rate was like rank 15-ish, so definitely not that great, but it's highly versatile and not strictly bound to be a bot powerhouse, but a slightly off-meta, kind of nostalgic deck.

As for mulligan etc, I use some mulligan but I'll probably either scrap it completely or create my own, I suggest you just use silverfish without anything, IMO works better than default AI sicne it's more OCD on synergy rather than raw power, but default AI works too. The only settings that a re a bit more special for the bot is 7k maxwide and 1.4k wide on 2nd turn, everything else is pretty much the same
1 user thanked Milecar121 for this useful post.
JoyAdmin on 3/30/2016(UTC)