Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Rank 5 to Legend!
PriimeTiime
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 19, 2016 2:17:21 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have read countless decks setups and many farming decks where u can get golden portrait etc etc, but I have yet 2 see a deck where u can go from rank 20 to 5 or more.

Correct me if I am wrong but the whole purpose of many using the bot is to let it farm ranked so that you can hit rank 5 and from there go by yourself or even farm a bit higher. Many people dont really have time to get it up to those ranks and hence why we use the bot. (Not talking for all but I am hopefully talking for many people)

So my question is this, are there any decks. mulligans, combos, settings that these new botters can use so that they can work on farming some higher rank?

anyhow I truly hope the trollers in this forum will slide away for some mature people who can contribute some knowledge in this thread.
otkpotato
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 19, 2016 3:22:23 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 70 time(s) in 57 post(s)
to hit rank 5 and above you have to play well, or simply broken decks like secret pala that doesnt really need to play around anything.

to play well u gotta play around cards, and identifying what kind of deck the opponent is playing. if the enemy is playing mage is it mech mage freeze mage mid range mage.
and the bot doesnt identify what staple cards are in the opposing deck thats why its harder to play around the enemy deck. so its really not surprising that the bot cant push above rank 5 with non top tier decks.
not to mention the bot doesnt play combo druid or combo decks in general which limits the number of viable decks that can push to rank 5 or past it.
as well as the needed tweaks like flooding the board with minions when enemy already played doomsayer or a mage that played explosive sheep.

well if im not wrong secret pala is the only deck that can hit rank 5 consistently
contagious86
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 19, 2016 4:19:02 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Have you read the topics "Project : NextGen" or "Project: Legend"? There are many decent decks that have reached high ranks there.

Reaching those high ranks with a bot is not that easy. A bot is limited by its AI (assuming that you have all cards available). However, there are mulligan and combo rules that you can write that will indirectly improve the AI.

If you are very committed you can edit the AI and adjust it so that it can play a certain good deck flawlessly. Only recently google showed that a good AI can even defeat the Go champion, where the number of possible moves is greater than all the atoms in the universe.
sepefeets
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 19, 2016 4:51:31 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 584 time(s) in 238 post(s)
contagious86;36510 wrote:
Have you read the topics "Project : NextGen" or "Project: Legend"? There are many decent decks that have reached high ranks there.

Yeah, the Project : NextGen thread is stickied at the top of this forum, kinda hard to miss it... Zoo Lock and Secret Pally are probably the easiest to rank high with the bot right now, Mech Mage and Face/Mid Hunters should also be pretty good. Beware though, from 10 to 5 it can be very random where it may win streak up to rank 5 or it may lose and bomb down 5 ranks, it depends a lot on whether the queue gives good matchups for your deck or not. If you run it every day in the final week of the month then it should eventually get rank 5 if the deck is good enough.
PriimeTiime
#5 Posted : Saturday, March 19, 2016 6:26:35 PM(UTC)

I understand that the secret paladin is the one to play to climb in ranked, but since new player hardly have Tirion (legendary) and some other cards it is really hard to get up there, same goes for a lot of other decks. The zoo warlock has so many setups that is kinda crazy. Like you have zoolock Dre. Zoolock aggro and some others.

What I am saying is that it really is a zoo in here as well. It took me 2 days to understand how to setup silverfish with asc and so on (Yeah it might be because I am blond as well). It will probably take me even longer to start tweaking the mulligan, combos, settings etc to get the bot past rank 15.

I am not complaining don't get me wrong. Just stating the fact that same rules applies here in the forum as in Hearthstone. (kinda the first game i have seen where the developers are not newbie friendly)
contagious86
#9 Posted : Sunday, March 20, 2016 4:39:18 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 15 post(s)
cgmcnama;36522 wrote:
Honestly, the point of the bot to me is to farm 30 wins per day. And while it is a big achievement for a bot to reach Legend that is also the fastest way to get Blizzard's attention and shut it down. You can't really ignore a bot service that undercuts the competitive integrity of the game but you might ignore one that just plays "ok" at lower ranks.

The last bot service that hit Legend with Secret Paladin shut down in a week after it went to social media. But this bot has hit Rank 5 before and it isn't that hard to do it as a human with a Tier 1 deck off Tempostorm. The ladder "starts" at Rank 5.

But most decks that revolve around you being the "aggressor" or "beat down" role would be best for a bot. And there is a NextGen thread here trying to hit Legend with it. But honestly, I think that would be the largest achievement and nail in the coffin for this program. Especially for a free service.

As long as the bot is not injecting or modifying hearthstone's files and improving its human-like behavior it will be harder for Blizzard to detect it, if not impossible.
It would be even possible for someone to make a smart AI for a few good decks and not only reach legend but qualify for on-site tournaments.

Moreover, Blizzard might be more suspicious of an account that only farms wins and auto-concedes around rank 20.
sepefeets
#6 Posted : Sunday, March 20, 2016 5:12:10 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 584 time(s) in 238 post(s)
PriimeTiime;36513 wrote:
I understand that the secret paladin is the one to play to climb in ranked, but since new player hardly have Tirion (legendary) and some other cards it is really hard to get up there, same goes for a lot of other decks. The zoo warlock has so many setups that is kinda crazy. Like you have zoolock Dre. Zoolock aggro and some others.

What I am saying is that it really is a zoo in here as well. It took me 2 days to understand how to setup silverfish with asc and so on (Yeah it might be because I am blond as well). It will probably take me even longer to start tweaking the mulligan, combos, settings etc to get the bot past rank 15.

I am not complaining don't get me wrong. Just stating the fact that same rules applies here in the forum as in Hearthstone. (kinda the first game i have seen where the developers are not newbie friendly)

Honestly I'm not sure what you're saying or if you even know. You asked if there's any decks to get rank 5, we told you there are several in the nextgen thread, now you say you already knew that but it has taken you a while to understand how to set it up (there are guides linked in all the big threads). If you expected to just press a button and get rank 5 while you're missing lots of strong cards then you expected too much. People take the time to write the bot, the ai, find decks that work well for the bot/ai, and create configuration files to help it perform even better, but all that work can't do much of anything if you don't have the cards. One of the big reasons to bot isn't to get high ranks but rather to earn that ~150g/day so that you can collect many of the strong cards without paying money, and once you do THEN you can build the good decks and climb the ladder.
1 user thanked sepefeets for this useful post.
Somerandombot007 on 3/21/2016(UTC)
PriimeTiime
#7 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2016 1:39:01 PM(UTC)

sepefeets;36538 wrote:
Honestly I'm not sure what you're saying or if you even know. You asked if there's any decks to get rank 5, we told you there are several in the nextgen thread, now you say you already knew that but it has taken you a while to understand how to set it up (there are guides linked in all the big threads). If you expected to just press a button and get rank 5 while you're missing lots of strong cards then you expected too much. People take the time to write the bot, the ai, find decks that work well for the bot/ai, and create configuration files to help it perform even better, but all that work can't do much of anything if you don't have the cards. One of the big reasons to bot isn't to get high ranks but rather to earn that ~150g/day so that you can collect many of the strong cards without paying money, and once you do THEN you can build the good decks and climb the ladder.

You are absolutely right my bad for being vague! You say that there are several but I say that there are 1 and truly 1 that gets you to rank 5 and that one is the secret paladin (Have not tried it yet but what I have read from the community)
I didnt say I am missing a lot of strong cards. I said for the new players to Hearthstone. I know that you need to have some cards to get higher in ranked play but that was not my point. My point is that hopefully both me and you know that you can get to rank 5 without so many cards in your arsenal if you play it manually and invest time in the game. What I am saying is that believe it or not I am deep-fully thankful to the programmers but there are yet many miles ahead. So hence the thread here for newcomers they now see that it doesn't work to just press start button on the bot and anticipate to get high in ranked play (I might be naive but I thought that by pressing the start button and getting some good mulligans, combos and settings I would get to rank 5).

About farming for gold and then playing arena or buy a pack is brilliant again I have to understate that I am not complaining. BUT and there is a BIG BUT you say that THEN you can build good decks and climb the ladder. Yes I can and many others can but they have to do it manually since as stated in the top of this post. There is only 1 that gets you to rank 5 and that is the secret paladin. (If you don't actually buy all the cards that are on that deck)
1 user thanked PriimeTiime for this useful post.
Somerandombot007 on 3/21/2016(UTC)