Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Just my 2 cents
MindMage
#1 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2016 8:23:11 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Hi,
I was curious about bots and decided to try one myself and created a new account just for that. I wanted to play with my real account against the bot.

I am not impressed. It can play, yes. But very poorly. Often it will play a one-drop in the first turn, coin and end turn, rather than coin and two-drop.

It seems to spend a lot of time trying to attack with the same minion many times or use hero power several times. Right now I have it running and have just seen it miss lethal because it ran out of time while attacking.

Playing druid in arena: first turn has Innervate, coin and Puddlestomper. It plays Innervate and
Puddlestomper, rather than coin Puddlestomper.

Trying to play living roots but ran out of time while choosing.

On the other hand it has a Silver Hand Regent understands using the hero power. … some of the way. Druid again hunter. Hunter has a secret. Silver Hand Regent on the board. It chooses to hero power before attacking with the Silver Hand Regent. I would say attacking first would have been better in case of an Explosive Trap

On my! It is agonizing to watch: It just played Force of Nature but ran out of time while attacking.

BTW the very first pack opened on the bot account had a King Mukla. Not very well deserved if you ask me ;-)
Dre
#2 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2016 9:42:35 AM(UTC)

Groups: HSModerator, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 480 time(s) in 315 post(s)
Are you running it on a PC from 1980? ;)

No seriously you are doing something wrong, or you have such a slow PC that you need to adjust settings to it. Off the bot in not perfect yet, it the problems you are encountering are not normal. Iam ranking around 5-3 each season with this bot. The problems you mention are from not setting it up right. Make sure you are running the latest version, admin priv. Read the troubleshoot page in the the download tread. Also, are you using hr or silver Ai?
MindMage
#3 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2016 10:16:51 AM(UTC)

I use silverfish Ai with the default settings. I basically haven't touched the settings other than picking the silverfish AI and basic mage deck (it managed to level mage to level 10 just by loosing....)

> troubleshoot page in the the download tread

I cannot find it.
Psyrodon
#4 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2016 10:31:06 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Maybe i can help u with teamviewer?
i need to see what bot do to help u.
i wont scam or Do any bad thinks on ur pc.

just if u trust me..drop me pm
MindMage
#5 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2016 10:40:32 AM(UTC)

Ok, maybe the computer is the main problem. It is an old laptop a T43. I booted it up again to run the bot on. I wanted to play against the bot, and also did not like having to run stuff as administrator on my own computer. I can see that the CPU is running 100% while the bot and Hearthstone is running. I did not imagine it would be that CPU consuming.
Psyrodon
#7 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2016 11:35:09 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
MAybe u can "boost" ur pc.

try programs like TuneUp. or any cleaner programm.
close all backdoor programs like Antivir ore some not needed thinks.

minimize HS ( move with arrows smaller) set HS on low graphic

maybe works.
Dre
#8 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2016 12:52:54 PM(UTC)

Groups: HSModerator, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 480 time(s) in 315 post(s)
Follow the e first 3 topics of my guide to make sure everything is set up right.

http://www.hearthranger....-and-more----Expert.aspx

With a slow pc you probably can't make the calculations quick enough. In my guide is also explained how to lower/raise the settings (calculations)

All calculations are done by the CPU, i have a i7 4750k CPU on 4.00ghz and can push settings just a bit before roping out. Botting on a old laptop wont work that well.
MindMage
#9 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2016 5:10:33 PM(UTC)

Thank you for trying to help. I ran TuneUp and it removed some but not much. I set HS on low graphic and minimized. It then lost 6 games. I switch back to default AI and picked the simplest settings. Then it lost 4 and won 1 games. (Ranked, at rank 24).

I will try the guide linked by Dre tomorrow (I have used the 4 hours for now).
MindMage
#10 Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2016 3:32:25 PM(UTC)

I have turned Maxwide and the other parameters way down. It seems to almost fix the problem, except for rare cases where there are many minions and many interactions, but now I get the feeling of poor decisions (not surprising). It seems to me from looking at the Silverfish window that the board is recalculated each time there has been a change. Like when AI plays a minion and then spends some seconds calculating next play rather than play the second minion it already had decided was optimal.
Oh well. It was interesting to see.

BTW why does the program have to run as administrator?
evert7877
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2016 7:24:33 PM(UTC)
evert7877

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 23 post(s)
MindMage;35137 wrote:
Ok, maybe the computer is the main problem. It is an old laptop a T43. I booted it up again to run the bot on. I wanted to play against the bot, and also did not like having to run stuff as administrator on my own computer. I can see that the CPU is running 100% while the bot and Hearthstone is running. I did not imagine it would be that CPU consuming.

There you go, I have made a topic on this subject a wile back, hope it helps you ;)

How you can make your computer fast again