Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Silverfish Settings - bit more blurb?
f3hearth
#1 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2015 10:16:47 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

So the above is the default text from the settings file.

Some of the settings are painfully clear but others I'm a little confused/unclear about.
maxwide - the number of simulated end turn states the player/bot considers before choosing action?
twotsamount - the number of those end turns (maxwide) that then go on to have your opponent's possible counters simulated?
simEnemySecondTurn - should the bot think two moves ahead?
playarround - try and avoid enemy aoe cards, maybe limits stacking so many cards at one time?
playroundprob(2) - dont know where theres numbers come from, is it saying theres a 50/80% chance each turn the opp will play an aoe card?
enemyTurnMaxWide = same as maxwide but for opp?
enemyTurnMaxWideSecondTime = not really sure about the "in the second AI step" part?
enemySecondTurnMaxWide = same as enemyturnmaxwide but for second move if selected using simEnemySecondTurn=true?
nextTurnDeep = dont really get this? but it does say dont change it so i guess no matter :)
nextTurnMaxWide = same as maxwide but for the second simulated turn using simEnemySecondTurn=true?
useSecretsPlayArround = play moves maybe in different order to best bate traps out?
alpha = how much the outcomes of the second simulated turn affect which play to make in the first turn?
simulatePlacement = speaks for itself, try all combos of placement for best results?
useExternalProcess = use silverfish.exe or not for thinking (don't know why this is faster native code? but nm)
passiveWaiting = wait for silver.exe to finish before moving on - i dont get this because how can you do anything else but wait?
behave = tell the ai what style of deck your playing to help with decision making.

So sorry for the long post but the setting that really prompted me to post this was passiveWaiting if someone could explain that.
I'm also thinking why 'we' dont have the simulated enemy turns higher to match simulated player turns.

I've bolded the settings that I would really appreciate help with (if I got any other the other wrong please shout) and hopefully it will help others too.
heretician
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 13, 2015 12:34:04 AM(UTC)
heretician

Groups: HSModerator, Registered

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 12 post(s)
f3hearth;33695 wrote:

So the above is the default text from the settings file.

Some of the settings are painfully clear but others I'm a little confused/unclear about.
maxwide - the number of simulated end turn states the player/bot considers before choosing action?
twotsamount - the number of those end turns (maxwide) that then go on to have your opponent's possible counters simulated?
simEnemySecondTurn - should the bot think two moves ahead?
playarround - try and avoid enemy aoe cards, maybe limits stacking so many cards at one time?
playroundprob(2) - dont know where theres numbers come from, is it saying theres a 50/80% chance each turn the opp will play an aoe card?
enemyTurnMaxWide = same as maxwide but for opp?
enemyTurnMaxWideSecondTime = not really sure about the "in the second AI step" part?
enemySecondTurnMaxWide = same as enemyturnmaxwide but for second move if selected using simEnemySecondTurn=true?
nextTurnDeep = dont really get this? but it does say dont change it so i guess no matter :)
nextTurnMaxWide = same as maxwide but for the second simulated turn using simEnemySecondTurn=true?
useSecretsPlayArround = play moves maybe in different order to best bate traps out?
alpha = how much the outcomes of the second simulated turn affect which play to make in the first turn?
simulatePlacement = speaks for itself, try all combos of placement for best results?
useExternalProcess = use silverfish.exe or not for thinking (don't know why this is faster native code? but nm)
passiveWaiting = wait for silver.exe to finish before moving on - i dont get this because how can you do anything else but wait?
behave = tell the ai what style of deck your playing to help with decision making.

So sorry for the long post but the setting that really prompted me to post this was passiveWaiting if someone could explain that.
I'm also thinking why 'we' dont have the simulated enemy turns higher to match simulated player turns.

I've bolded the settings that I would really appreciate help with (if I got any other the other wrong please shout) and hopefully it will help others too.

Well as far as passiveWaiting goes; I am thinking it may be that the bot does not HAVE to entirely rely on silverfish obviously. You can use the bot without it. Maybe it will only wait for so long until HR takes over and calculates a move on it's own. This may be in case of an error with silver.exe, so that HR can take over with DeckRule settings?

As for playroundprob; you are right I believe. This is a percentage change that the enemy will attempt to (or actually will) clear your board with an AoE. Useful for aggro decks. I played with this setting with my aggro/weapons warrior a bit awhile ago.

Hope I helped at least theorycraft this a little bit with you. I really enjoy learning more about this bot so I can better maintain my own botting experience.

This is just information I've gained using the bot myself after (just checked! :)) 1800 games with HR (and a few hundred games with HB, which also uses a less-updated version of silverfish therefore the same settings)
HearthRanger Administration Team & Lead Forum Admin