Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Silver vs. Default
eco999
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 24, 2015 5:19:53 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi, I've been using Silver A.I. since I started using the program but I never understood why. I have a slow laptop and sometimes when using aggro decks the bot often finishes a turn without being able to attack. I read a post saying that default A.I. is much faster so I was wondering which would be more beneficial to me considering I like to use it in ranked for climb and casual for gold farming.
luffyDmonkey
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 24, 2015 5:29:03 PM(UTC)
luffyDmonkey

Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
eco999;33141 wrote:
Hi, I've been using Silver A.I. since I started using the program but I never understood why. I have a slow laptop and sometimes when using aggro decks the bot often finishes a turn without being able to attack. I read a post saying that default A.I. is much faster so I was wondering which would be more beneficial to me considering I like to use it in ranked for climb and casual for gold farming.

bots are just slow thats a fact.
xytrix
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 24, 2015 6:36:13 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 8 post(s)
First thing to check is do you have Knife Juggler on the board?

Knife Juggler is a very problematic card with bots because every time a knife fires, the bot tries to resimulate the entire play, and when you have a big board already each simulation takes very long (several seconds).

Also I would recommend to edit your Silverfish settings and add the line "speed=true" if you play aggro decks. It lets Silverfish send multiple attack actions at one time, so when you have lots of minions on the board, the attacks go a lot faster.

Also make sure HearthRanger settings have the fastest mouse movement + 0 random wait time between actions
kam101101
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2015 5:37:19 PM(UTC)

So i tested silverfish and default a.i the result

Silverfish
SilverFish

Default A.I
Default A.I

auto concede on 19
xytrix
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2015 8:46:59 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 8 post(s)
kam101101;33399 wrote:
So i tested silverfish and default a.i the result

Honestly, with only 100 samples, your test says more about the deck you're running than it does Silverfish vs Default AI. There's so much variance depending on what deck the opponent brought and what opponents you faced (i.e. you don't have similar numbers of the same class because your sample size is so small), that you can't draw any serious conclusions.

The question being tested is also incomplete because both AI's have different behavior modes and settings that will change the outcome significantly (i.e. Silverfish's face/rush/control behaviors and Default AI's deckrule files, the calculation settings, etc). You don't mention any of the settings being used on either bot.

A better test would be to run the bots in the most similar settings possible (i.e. Silverfish rush vs Default rush, or Silverfish control vs Default's default), vs the Innkeeper (Advanced version because Basic is a complete joke)... for probably 1000+ games (at least 100 per class). And then, you can maybe get better explanations of 1 bot+settings vs the other bot+settings (although you can't assume those results apply to all settings there either and have to realize the Advanced Innkeeper is not running many PVP level cards, combos, or strategy)