Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Can I get banned if I don't really bot?
Sagive
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2015 11:07:52 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

If I use the option for only calculating the best play is there any way to get banned? I was banned in the 2nd banwave and have been playing legally since then.

My account is precious to me and I don't want to lose it again, sorry if it's a noob question but I'm really concerned about this matter.

Thanks for your attention
oijkn
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2015 12:45:26 PM(UTC)
oijkn

Groups: HSModerator, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 271 time(s) in 93 post(s)
Sagive;32288 wrote:
If I use the option for only calculating the best play is there any way to get banned? I was banned in the 2nd banwave and have been playing legally since then.

My account is precious to me and I don't want to lose it again, sorry if it's a noob question but I'm really concerned about this matter.

Thanks for your attention

Hi,

You are not immune to being banned again if you use third app.

Regards.
1 user thanked oijkn for this useful post.
Sagive on 11/10/2015(UTC)
JoyAdmin
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2015 12:46:27 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 4539 time(s) in 1637 post(s)
I think you were banned by using other bot.

No banwave hit hearthranger, it's much more safer compare to other bots.

Sagive
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2015 2:43:56 PM(UTC)

JoyAdmin;32297 wrote:
I think you were banned by using other bot.

No banwave hit hearthranger, it's much more safer compare to other bots.

Indeed, I was banned by using other bots, I won't say the name since I don't know if it's permitted, the point is I don't want to risk my account by some kind of detection.
jacob1818
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 12, 2015 2:59:14 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Sagive;32307 wrote:
Indeed, I was banned by using other bots, I won't say the name since I don't know if it's permitted, the point is I don't want to risk my account by some kind of detection.

By using ANY bot you're under risk. It just might be higher or lower..

If the bots changes game files/injects dll files or anything alike, it's REALLY easy to be detected.
Blizzard usually doesn't ban one by one (unless it's individually reported by a player).. they find out that you bot (via memory scan, algorithm, dll detector or whatever).. then they put your username in some database.
Then, after XX time, mass ban wave comes and every player in that "hacker database" gets banned.

There's also bots that simulates players playing.

Example: (some) Diablo 2 bots.
Some were just autoit2/3 based (it reads the screens and do actions based on it, no filed modified/injected.. it pretty much simulates a real player playing, like hearthranger).

At first they were safe, then blizzard magically added something called warden, which could read everything loaded into your memory.
BAM, mass ban wave.

In that case, if there's something like Warden, they can scan your memory and check what you are running. Even if it's some calc tool, you can be banned for it.

Another thing that can get you banned: it's very easy to notice if someone is botting, at least on default settings. 1~2 seconds delay between every action and auto-reply to every emote. BAM, reported and banned.

There's always the risk man, even if it's low. You'll never be 100% safe.
Sagive
#6 Posted : Thursday, November 12, 2015 3:41:48 PM(UTC)

jacob1818;32447 wrote:
By using ANY bot you're under risk. It just might be higher or lower..

If the bots changes game files/injects dll files or anything alike, it's REALLY easy to be detected.
Blizzard usually doesn't ban one by one (unless it's individually reported by a player).. they find out that you bot (via memory scan, algorithm, dll detector or whatever).. then they put your username in some database.
Then, after XX time, mass ban wave comes and every player in that "hacker database" gets banned.

There's also bots that simulates players playing.

Example: (some) Diablo 2 bots.
Some were just autoit2/3 based (it reads the screens and do actions based on it, no filed modified/injected.. it pretty much simulates a real player playing, like hearthranger).

At first they were safe, then blizzard magically added something called warden, which could read everything loaded into your memory.
BAM, mass ban wave.

In that case, if there's something like Warden, they can scan your memory and check what you are running. Even if it's some calc tool, you can be banned for it.

Another thing that can get you banned: it's very easy to notice if someone is botting, at least on default settings. 1~2 seconds delay between every action and auto-reply to every emote. BAM, reported and banned.

There's always the risk man, even if it's low. You'll never be 100% safe.

That's the reason I don't want to bot, I just want the ai to help with some plays I'm not sure about, and because it's fun to study what a computer would do in that situation. I personally think there is no risk right now, when detection was on I didn't get banned, I got banned after that so I think they don't bann JUST based on detection unless there is a crazy situation like recently in WoW where everyone was botting without limits.