Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Auto squelch oppnent option
Rudetski
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 8, 2015 5:38:53 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I have seen one other topic about emoting as response to your opponent; sometimes it just looks forced, and your opponent will know you are a bot.

Why not make an auto-squelch functionality (instead of just the option to never reply to opponent)?

Think about it, if someone squelches YOU you do not think hmmmm that is a bot you think that $%^$^% put me on ignore, that little shit! People will actually think that a human is doing the squelching.

Just my 2 cnts :-)
Vick Nan
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2015 6:08:46 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Rudetski;32229 wrote:
I have seen one other topic about emoting as response to your opponent; sometimes it just looks forced, and your opponent will know you are a bot.

Why not make an auto-squelch functionality (instead of just the option to never reply to opponent)?

Think about it, if someone squelches YOU you do not think hmmmm that is a bot you think that $%^$^% put me on ignore, that little shit! People will actually think that a human is doing the squelching.

Just my 2 cnts :-)

I agree, let's say after 6 emotes the bot applies ignore on the enemy. That would prevent what some people do, they see if the player responds just indefinitely, longer than any human would do, and then they draw conclusions which are bad for us.
1 user thanked Vick Nan for this useful post.
Rudetski on 11/19/2015(UTC)
sucedaneo
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2015 9:37:06 AM(UTC)
sucedaneo

If your opponent is squelched, he cant emote? Or he can emote but you dont see nothing?
Rudetski
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2015 11:46:43 AM(UTC)

sucedaneo;32363 wrote:
If your opponent is squelched, he cant emote? Or he can emote but you dont see nothing?

He can't emote. And bots don't squelch, or at least people don't think they do, so that's why this is a good idea for functionality.

BTW Vik, I would make it 4, not 6 responses max. Say, a normal guy saying greetings gets greeting back, 3x well played answered. No problem. If he emotes more, he is either being a dick or wants to be friendly and u don't want friends invites on your bot so either way prolific emoters have to be squelched early.

I would NEVER answer on "" that was a mistake" emotes. I have seen people spam that, and the bot just keeps responding. I would advise squelching rule: when opponent uses "mistake" emote, squelch immediately.