Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Starter Deck (Botting)
Nedd
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 5, 2015 6:25:50 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Hey Forum,

First of all I'm kinda fresh to this forum but I can immideatly see the value and teamwork here. I love the "Deep Blue"-esque search for the ultimate bot.

Personally I have all the starting cards + naxx + BR and a few goodies from decks (about 50 decks).

It's impossible for me to make any of the tier 1/2 decks from a topic a little below (or above) this one. So I started testing with basic decks earlier today. I average on a 35% w/r when i play with basic+naxx+BR decks (from Icyveins, etc.) Only the Druid did better with 60% (over a total of 30 runs, which is admittedly a small sample). I suspect this to be due to Kel'thuzad, what I read here is that the AI doesn't really know how to combo him.

Basically I want to dump my beginner deck stats here and hopefully get some input from the more experienced users and provide information to people in a similar spot to me, all at the same time. :-)

I'll start adding my overnight stats coming tomorrow, right now, I need to set up 3 decks.

If you guys know 3 good AI classes and a few pointers for the deck, that'd be appreciated!

PS: My goal is to farm gold so I can do arena runs and get a few basic HS cards like Dr. Boom. I have yet to figure out if ranked (without CC) or unranked is better.
weauat
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 5, 2015 6:38:53 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 10 post(s)
with limited cards you really cant make 3 good decks to bot with kinda stuck with stuff like hunter and budget mech mage. depending on how good you are at arena you might be better off just spending ur time playing arena and getting more cards if you can average 5-7+ wins if not dont bother playing arena in an attempt to gain profit. im assuming ur a new player so you might wanna watch some of trump or strifecros vids just to get a better understanding of the game and if ur interested in arena i'd recommend watching ratsmahs vids playing arena
1 user thanked weauat for this useful post.
Nedd on 11/5/2015(UTC)
Nedd
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 5, 2015 6:45:31 PM(UTC)

weauat;32161 wrote:
with limited cards you really cant make 3 good decks to bot with kinda stuck with stuff like hunter and budget mech mage. depending on how good you are at arena you might be better off just spending ur time playing arena and getting more cards if you can average 5-7+ wins if not dont bother playing arena in an attempt to gain profit. im assuming ur a new player so you might wanna watch some of trump or strifecros vids just to get a better understanding of the game and if ur interested in arena i'd recommend watching ratsmahs vids playing arena

I'm not that new + I have been coached by a mate who sits comfortably in Legendary. I know the game fairly well luckily, would be a shame to jump into a bot without knowing the game at least a little well.
As for Arena, I can average about 6 wins, the bot does around 5-9 (at least in the last 4 runs).

Thanks for the heads up. I'll definitely try out Budget Mech Mage.

As for Face Hunter, the AI seems to make pretty nasty mistakes often, playing Ram Wrangler without a beast (or playing a beast after playing Ram Wranger), playing Hound Master and then playing a beast, clearing the board before popping Unleash the Hounds and not using weapons for trades to keep board control. This is with the silverfish AI on "face" by the way, are you not experiencing this?

I also noticed the silverfish AI playing Sunshattered Cleric before playing a different minion, it's a little unrelevant, but I'm not sure if I should report that anywhere.
weauat
#4 Posted : Friday, November 6, 2015 12:49:17 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I'm a legend player and i still watch vids by guys like strifecro and trump lol but anyways didnt realize the bot improved so much that its sorta infinite but thats good news to hear. oh and i meant midrange hunter not face as midrange is sorta a bit easier to play then face for the end game finishes in some cases. you also might wanna check out a mech druid its cheaper then the tgt aggro druid but uses the same combo finish and so forth and its the deck i hit gold portrait with before tgt should still be viable

Nedd;32162 wrote:
I'm not that new + I have been coached by a mate who sits comfortably in Legendary. I know the game fairly well luckily, would be a shame to jump into a bot without knowing the game at least a little well.
As for Arena, I can average about 6 wins, the bot does around 5-9 (at least in the last 4 runs).

Thanks for the heads up. I'll definitely try out Budget Mech Mage.

As for Face Hunter, the AI seems to make pretty nasty mistakes often, playing Ram Wrangler without a beast (or playing a beast after playing Ram Wranger), playing Hound Master and then playing a beast, clearing the board before popping Unleash the Hounds and not using weapons for trades to keep board control. This is with the silverfish AI on "face" by the way, are you not experiencing this?

I also noticed the silverfish AI playing Sunshattered Cleric before playing a different minion, it's a little unrelevant, but I'm not sure if I should report that anywhere.

sakuden
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 8, 2015 2:38:52 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I've used this budget shaman deck which reached rank11 on Asia with BlackOak's settings for silverfish, just started out testing with budget decks about 3 weeks ago so my collection of cards is quite limited on this server and this is the current best deck I've come up with. Atm its stuck at rank 14-15 Asia. I havn't gotten legend yet nor do I plan on doing so but I usually end up at rank 4-5 at the end of every season on EU with less than 50 games played due to time constraint.