Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Can Blizz ban only because of user reports?
Bigml
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2015 2:57:02 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Hey :)

I found this bot few days ago and started using it...few months ago I was one of the sad guys that used hearthcrawler (RIP) and got banned in the first big bannwave for eu/na.

I botted almost 24/7 for a long time, it was probably a bad decision because its kinda strange if someone plays 24/7.

Now Im only botting when I actually sit behind the pc and my question: does anybody know if they can ban us only if we get reported enough by other players or did they got some program like warden?
I would like to hear your oppinion and maybe you know something I dont :)

BigML
Xixis
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2015 3:54:01 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Bigml;25689 wrote:
Hey :)

I found this bot few days ago and started using it...few months ago I was one of the sad guys that used hearthcrawler (RIP) and got banned in the first big bannwave for eu/na.

I botted almost 24/7 for a long time, it was probably a bad decision because its kinda strange if someone plays 24/7.

Now Im only botting when I actually sit behind the pc and my question: does anybody know if they can ban us only if we get reported enough by other players or did they got some program like warden?
I would like to hear your oppinion and maybe you know something I dont :)

BigML

Almost always through User reports
Bigml
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2015 4:00:45 PM(UTC)

Almost always? That means there is a chance through a "anti cheat program" to detect a botplayer?

I would like to see if you can notice that a bot is playing, like it was back in the days, are there vids from this bot?

BigML
Xixis
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2015 4:42:30 PM(UTC)

Bigml;25696 wrote:
Almost always? That means there is a chance through a "anti cheat program" to detect a botplayer?

I would like to see if you can notice that a bot is playing, like it was back in the days, are there vids from this bot?

BigML

As far as I am aware only hearthcrawler and hearthbuddy were detected so the chance is very small and the bot looks ok from a different perspective only with certain actions it may look suspicious
delay-lamo
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 7, 2015 4:30:58 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I disagree. Usually Blizzard has to have incontestable evidence of botting to ban an account. And user report isn't one of them.
1 user thanked delay-lamo for this useful post.
jubak on 5/8/2015(UTC)
Xixis
#7 Posted : Thursday, May 7, 2015 7:45:59 AM(UTC)

delay-lamo;25713 wrote:
I disagree. Usually Blizzard has to have incontestable evidence of botting to ban an account. And user report isn't one of them.

A bunch of user reports is enough for them to ban you should read up more on the issue before making statements. I have bottled many blizzard games with many applications and was never banned through application usage only through user reports which is what causes 99.9% of bans on hearthstone.
Bigml
#6 Posted : Thursday, May 7, 2015 8:23:53 AM(UTC)

delay-lamo;25713 wrote:

I think they look closer if someone gets reported enough, then they analyse if the "player" is acting like a bot ... but maybe Im wrong
delay-lamo
#8 Posted : Thursday, May 7, 2015 10:04:11 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Xixis;25719 wrote:
A bunch of user reports is enough for them to ban you should read up more on the issue before making statements. I have bottled many blizzard games with many applications and was never banned through application usage only through user reports which is what causes 99.9% of bans on hearthstone.

Well i didn't use bots in WoW nor map-hack in SC2, but have been botting for a while with some friends in D3.
It's almost impossible to get reported there, since bot accounts usually didn't have friends outside of botfarm, and hardly could be observed from outside, so i understand that it may be different in HS. But nevertheless there were a lot of speculation on this point on demonbuddy forums, i make statements mostly based on that. Also one time we tried to report one account for science (via antihack email, don't remember exactly which one), and even though it was botting 24/7 for quite a while before and after reports, it's never been banned. So yeah, i assume reports could cause additional attention, but still they won't ban without hard evidence.
You say you got banned through user reports 99.9% of the time, why do you think they were the reason and not application usage? Elaborate please.
1 user thanked delay-lamo for this useful post.
jubak on 5/8/2015(UTC)