Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Suggestion: Launcher.exe should randomize name for main executable on every run
VicTT
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 9, 2015 10:48:39 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I know this has been suggested in the past, and it is one of the last things that give this away. I also know that you're arguably more experienced in developing bots and counter-detection techniques than I am, but I would like to help with certain things that you probably haven't thought much about, given the release of BRM and having to code those in, and whatever else is on your immediate to-do list.
Not having the source code for your bot available and lacking the time to do any serious reverse-engineering, I don't know if this is an issue, but I can only assume that for practicality's sake you're not checking whether Warden's checking the process list for processes named 'HearthRanger.exe', and terminating if so. If you're not, my suggestion is that Launcher.exe rename HearthRanger.exe every time to some random name, launch it, stay in the background, and when it terminates, rename it back. Or don't, it doesn't matter much, but that's an added layer of security that takes 5 minutes to implement.
Then there's the others I won't mention for the sake of brevity and Blizz employees' eyes. No point in giving them free advice, imho.
I realize there's no reason for you guys to trust some random guy who is making his first post on your forum (I shamefully admit not studying the forum too much, so I don't know what amount of trust is needed to share key pieces of source code...maybe there's an initiation ritual, who knows?), and I wouldn't trust me either, BUT, if you're the friendly type and you don't mind the open-source view on things: where everybody gives their 2 cents worth of wisdom, do contact me on PM (or e-mail, that's fine too), letting me know what 'the rules' are so I know what with/when/if I can help you.
All my best,
VicTT.
JoyAdmin
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 9, 2015 11:00:45 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 4539 time(s) in 1637 post(s)
Hearthranger has been released over 9 months, it proved it's the safest bot you can have, and we'll continue to keep it as the safest one.