Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Questions - Custom mulligan rules
smee
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 8, 2015 1:53:02 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi all.

I'd like to contribute to the community and thank the generous people here giving their time and bettering HearthRanger.
But before getting there. I need a little help :).

I'm trying to get into making my own custom rules. Starting with the basics : mulligan

Here are my questions :

1) How does the Priority section work ? I see it works with numbers, but so far I can't wrap my head arround them. Could someone tell me what they mean and how to attribute them?

2) Does the " //no duplicate cards " work as a "don't keep 2 of the same cards in my hand at once" ? or do I need to name it otherwise to achieve the same goal ?

3) I encounter a bug when trying to launch the bot with my new rules (bug is in the log in the screenshot : unknown keyword in $warrior or $druid ). Can't figure out what went wrong. Tried a couple of things, like putting a capital letter at the beggining of Warrior, etc. Nothing seems to work so far.

4) The * symbol means "always", right ? If not what do I type to make sure the bot gets rid of a card or absolutely keeps it?

Additionnal info :

- If you guys see anything else that's wrong, or that I could improve, please feel free to comment and point it out.
- I used Yoin's control rules and edited them. I hope that OK with Yoin... Maybe I should have asked in the first place. Sorry about that.
- Sorry for my spelling. English is not my mother language.
- Once I get used to crafting my own rules (and have them work of course), I'll upload my decklists with their stats and rules.

Yoin
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 8, 2015 6:42:46 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered, HSModerator

Was thanked: 218 time(s) in 108 post(s)
My rules are free and you can use them. ;)

I am very busy currently, but if I have some free time, I will try to check your rules
My Control rules: here.
smee
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 8, 2015 6:16:07 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Yoin,

Would be nice when you have some time, thanks.

I removed the " $warrior or $druid " thing. I don't get the bug anymore. Although the bot doesn't apply any of my mulligan rules :/. So, back to square one :(

EDIT : Seems like after a couple of reboots of HR, the rules are now taken into consideration :D
Yoin
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 12, 2015 12:13:29 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered, HSModerator

Was thanked: 218 time(s) in 108 post(s)
Nice to read that.
My Control rules: here.