Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

How to get the most out of your new bot
ffScandolous1969
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2014 6:35:00 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Can you provide an overview of how you envision the bot working.

I see that there is the bot program and the the deck rules:
1. What does the bot program take care of? How does it decide what minion to trade into what? Can we change this?
2. What are the deck rules supposed to take care of? Can we influence the decisions the bot makes when deciding what card to play: i.e stop turn 1 coin + hero power plays? choose which of our cards we would prefer to play if its in our hand and we have a set amount of mana left? Get the bot to play the buff card and then attack with the buffed minion, rather than attack first then buff the minion that just attacked.
3. What is the "gain" supposed to do? Is higher better?

If you could put a few short answers together to help those of us new to skynet it would be much appreciated.
JoyAdmin
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2014 11:02:32 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 4539 time(s) in 1637 post(s)
1. Watch the bot how to play with default rules and your own deck.

2. Learn how to tune the bot's behavior with deck rule debugger.

3. Gain is a value to influence bot's internal algorithm, the higher, the more possibility that bot may follow.

or

Just let bot play with default rules, and forge a suitable bot deck to get higher winrate.

Hearthranger performance will be better in the near future, it'll be more smarter.
ffScandolous1969
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 23, 2014 10:59:32 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Thanks I will look forward to the new devlopments.

Problems I am noticing in 1.6.3 are:
1. It killed all the enemy minions around the enemy Kel' Thuzad but didn't kill him. I would have killed it with a fireball and a running the harvest golem it used to clear a sheep into it.
2. It doesnt seem to want to use flamestrike: i saw it play an azure drake and ping face, when the hunter opponent had 3 minions on board with health less than 4, he killed me next turn
3. It is very reluctant to fire a spell at the other heroes face e.g. it wanted to run my Alex into a shieldmasta, fireball a 7/4 and play a sludge belcher - lethal was to sheep the shieldmasta, run Alex and a fireball to face and ping or frostbolt the last point of health off the enemy
4 It doesnt seem to want to use arcane missiles when the enemy board has one or more 1 to 2 health minions
5 It keeps all the cards at the mulligan, even ones it cant play until much later.

The deck is (deck in text format):
Arcane Missiles
Arcane Missiles
Mana Wyrm
Mana Wyrm
Frostbolt
Frostbolt
Counterspell
Counterspell
Duplicate
Duplicate
Fireball
Fireball
Polymorph
Polymorph
Water Elemental
Water Elemental
Flamestrike
Flamestrike
Pyroblast
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist
Unstable Ghoul
Unstable Ghoul
Acolyte of Pain
Harvest Golem
Azure Drake
Azure Drake
Sludge Belcher
Sludge Belcher
Alexstrasza

I dont have counterspell or pyroblast, so I subbed in 2 undertakers and second harvest golem. I let the program run with the default rules.

The deck went 18/28 (64% winrate) on casual in the run. (Edit: end of run stats)

A bad defeat was to an inner fire combo wombo priest that managed to get its 5/5 light thingy to 40/40 as the bot repeatedly ignored it in the early game with a frostbolt and fireball in hand and once it got too big it didn't draw a poly. I think if the bot uses flamestrike and the missiles a bit more intelligently the deck could do well