Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

First bad impression
beniagg
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 25, 2023 2:17:14 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
"This is my first time using this bot, but unfortunately, it seems to be too unintelligent even with different configurations. It appears to only serve the purpose of generating revenue and not much else. More development is necessary in this area, especially considering the numerous new A.I. technologies available that could make the task much simpler."

fireplace
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 4, 2023 10:40:20 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Works fine but does take a modicum of effort to set it up correctly - it isn't going to work out of the box in wild or standard.

Legend in classic last three seasons with aggro pal and default configs.

Diamond 5 every season in wild using secret mage and configs

Ground all mercenary coins needed to max everything.

Almost done getting the 500 wins in the new class.
lubux11
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 26, 2023 6:37:19 PM(UTC)

can you share what you added or changed?
nunya
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 30, 2023 7:12:23 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
There isnt anything to easily add or change. The OP was correct. It literally doesnt work out of the box if winning and attaining rank is your goal. Fireplace was completely incorrect to say that you can get legend with classic and default configs. The ONLY way it will EVER gain rank is if you have "Bonus Stars" to provide it. If you have achieved legend ONCE and still have the bonus stars, then yes this bot WILL achieve Diamond 10 simply because of the bonus stars alone in a few days, and maybe even D5 if you leave it running the entire month and get lucky. But if it starts with NO stars? Erm, it wont do jack shit as far as climbing past gold 10 :) And IMO that's really all it should ever do anyway. You should have to grind it out the first time yourself, and THEN use bots to keep up the grind every month. So I'm satisfied with the way it works out of the box.

It doesnt matter which mode you use, the bot will STILL do stupid shit until you manually configure it not to regardless of which mode you're using it in. It will mulligan away completely valid cards, ignore spells, use spells in a really stupid way, attack all the wrong things, do things completely out of order, hero power at the stupidest times or more correctly NOT hero power when its needed, etc. None of which would ever garner a legend rank in any mode. So unless you've actually got stats, a deck list, AND the config to back it up with other people commenting that it functions the way you say it does, dont bother saying XYZ works in this or that mode because thats all just gloating as if you know anything when you really dont. Just today I witnessed it ignore LETHAL and go after minions instead. I also saw it use power word shield while there were 3 minions on it's side, it power word shielded the ONLY minion that would die and then it proceeded to kill that minion for no reason at all losing stats on the board (something a legend player would never do). The bot's only purpose "out of the box" is exp/gold generation and nothing more, regardless of the mode you're using it in. So it really doesnt matter which mode you're using, which deck you're using, or whether its winning or not. As long as it's slinging cards, it's doing exactly what it should be doing. Gaining exp which in turn gains gold. Once you reach level 400, theres no point in botting anymore. Just turn it off. Dont bother trying to "get legend" or anything like that. It simply isnt going to happen using a bot (this one nor any other bot). I suppose another use for the bot would be to grind through bonus star levels from the previous season, but even that doesnt take all that long to do by hand. Maybe a couple hrs at most, but the bot can do it in a few days usually.

What I find amazing is that people like to claim XYZ deck climbed to legend using bot!.... and then proceed to leave out the fact that it was all done via bonus stars which means it wasnt impressive at all. Every once in a while you'll find someone post configs here in the forums, but none of them are really all that good. Most, if not ALL of them rely upon luck. Meaning they get lucky with 1st turn concedes based on their class (opponent autoconcedes vs X class) and then they get lucky and string a few wins together. That's not skill. Thats just luck.

Anyway I think the MOST important aspect of this particular bot is that it at least makes an ATTEMPT to play the game which makes it a safe bot to use. It isnt in Blizzards best interest to stop it because it provides easy opponents for new players. It's VERY easy to beat a player using this bot. Since I use the bot myself, I know how it works and what it's common mistakes are and its VERY easy to spot them when I'm actually playing myself and I know it'll be an easy win for me because I can predict what it will do in certain situations to my advantage. This is the SOUL reason why botting in this manor has never been bothered by Blizzard. They are more interested in cracking down on the roping bots which provide absolutely nothing of value to new players playing experience. I'm sure the authors of this bot like to use gaining rank as a "selling point" to new users, but lets be real here. That's not exactly what its going to provide ;)
h0rst1
#5 Posted : Monday, May 1, 2023 4:48:04 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 10 post(s)
pros and cons based off my experience:

The good:

- the bot will grind you gold and xp
- it will get every class to 500 wins
- it will get you to diamond 5 even with only 2 stars (with enough time and a capable deck)
- it will play the boring quests , so you can play your favorite decks more

The bad:

- misplays (better not watch it play, because it will drive you crazy)
- doesn´t work on every pc (try demo version before buying)
- not all HS modes are supported
- some antivirus apps will get triggered

Main reason for me using it is that it plays all the quests while i enjoy playing decks i like.
if you want to get legend, you better play yourself ;)
course
#6 Posted : Saturday, June 17, 2023 10:22:33 AM(UTC)

It appears to only serve the purpose of generating revenue and not much else. More development is necessary in this area, especially considering the numerous new A.I. technologies available that could make the task much simpler.
khizar123
#7 Posted : Tuesday, June 27, 2023 7:45:46 AM(UTC)

Every once in a while you'll find someone post configs here in the forums, but none of them are really all that good. Most, if not ALL of them rely upon luck. Meaning they get lucky with 1st turn concedes based on their class (opponent autoconcedes vs X class) and then they get lucky and string a few wins together. That's not skill. Thats just luck.
kt1234
#8 Posted : Tuesday, June 27, 2023 11:06:49 AM(UTC)

Just today I witnessed it ignore LETHAL and go after minions instead. I also saw it use power word shield while there were 3 minions on it's side, it power word shielded the ONLY minion that would die and then it proceeded to kill that minion for no reason at all losing stats on the board (something a legend player would never do.
khizar123
#9 Posted : Tuesday, August 29, 2023 3:36:04 AM(UTC)

Empower Change: Request a feature or Suggest anything (HSBOT). Your voice matters! Join us in shaping a better experience together.