Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Strange Priest deck @56% winrate? wtf
nunya
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 22, 2022 12:10:50 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
So, I created a murloc deck for priest a few days ago for use with the bot (I cant stand playing murlocs myself) and called it "bot aggro". It had a respectible winrate of 51.45% and it climbed to Gold over a week or so. Well, I set the bot up to use it last night and then this morning I came in to see how it was doing and it had climbed to the top of the gold tier (which was to be expected), but I noticed it's winrate had increased to about 56%. Then I actually opened my eyes and saw it was NOT using the cards I'd provided it. It was using some sort of priest bless/innerfire/windfury deck that I'd never seen before on my machines (although the concept isnt new). I have NO idea where the decklist came from and the deck name it was using was indeed still "bot aggro".

Is this a deck that the bot will create on it's own if you create a deck called "bot aggro"? Below is MY decklist, and then the decklist that seems to have overwritten mine over night. This is the weirdest bug I've ever encountered, but it's one that I'll have to say was a benefit for once ;) I'll be keeping the decklist and using it since it seems to do better than my own quick 5min murloc concoction haha. I didnt think the bot could handle spells because I noticed it wasnt using the spells I'd put in it, if at all, so my plan was to just feed it minions so that it would only have to do raw math calculations and not have to rely upon anything other than math. I did leave in the aid station/pw shields on the chance that it might have no choice but to use those. But I took out all the other spells that it wasnt using in the murloc deck and replaced them all with just straight up murloc minions. However this new strange deck has LOTS of spells, some that I'd expect it to require some sort of priority if/then based logic in order to properly use and I've done nothing of the sort (yet anyway, I know the ability to do so exists in this bot).

Another perk of the strange decklist is that it's gaining honor also because of the Drek'thar in it. IDK what blizz plans on doing with that (if anything). Honor is used pretty heavily in their WoW title so I expect it'll probably have a similar use case in HS sometime in the future.

(I planned an replacing the mi'da with a Drek'thar but I guess I hadnt done that yet)
### bot aggro
# Class: Priest
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Grimscale Oracle
# 2x (1) Murloc Tidecaller
# 2x (1) Northshire Cleric
# 2x (1) Power Word: Shield
# 2x (1) Toxfin
# 2x (2) Fishflinger
# 1x (2) Murloc Tidehunter
# 2x (2) Rockpool Hunter
# 2x (2) Shadow Ascendant
# 2x (3) Coldlight Seer
# 2x (3) Dragonmaw Overseer
# 2x (3) Murloc Warleader
# 2x (3) Primalfin Lookout
# 2x (3) Stormpike Aid Station
# 2x (4) Felfin Navigator
# 1x (6) Mi'da, Pure Light
#
AAEBAZ/HAgK1nwTWrAQO/gPlBJ3CAobEAs7MArWYA6+nA8m4A+m6A6KgBKugBPO2BO7TBPTTBAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

### bot aggro
# Class: Priest
# Format: Wild
#
# 1x (1) Gift of the Naaru
# 2x (1) Inner Fire
# 2x (1) Northshire Cleric
# 2x (1) Power Word: Shield
# 1x (1) Renew
# 2x (1) Shadow Word: Devour
# 1x (1) Shard of the Naaru
# 2x (2) Bless
# 2x (2) Crabrider
# 2x (2) Divine Spirit
# 2x (2) Nerub'ar Weblord
# 2x (2) Power Word: Feast
# 2x (2) Radiant Elemental
# 2x (2) Shadow Visions
# 1x (2) Thrive in the Shadows
# 2x (3) Deathlord
# 1x (4) Drek'Thar
# 1x (8) Power Word: Fortitude
#
AAEBAZ/HAgaTugOY6wOH9wOtigS7igSKowQM+ALlBNEK/g2IDtHBArTRA5HkA4SjBImjBPTTBPXTBAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Here are some SS's that I witnessed when I woke up. This is the bot putting a warrior pirate in their place ;)

And a little while later, it's about to break out of gold. Quite the impressive bug I ran into ;) I didnt really want the bot climbing to far, I like doing the climbing myself, but this is interesting to watch lol.
1 user thanked nunya for this useful post.
duanth94 on 6/28/2022(UTC)