Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
HOWTO: Farm mercenaries efficiently with the BETA bot
fireplace
#23 Posted : Monday, January 3, 2022 9:05:59 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
agent0range21;61815 wrote:
any tips how to farm valeera ? dont have her yet

Google had this video on it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLd-eTK94Y0

Bot isn't going to do it for you though I doubt until you have her - then it's pretty easy.
FaceHunter222
#20 Posted : Monday, January 3, 2022 10:00:27 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
fireplace;61816 wrote:
Yeah I'm starting to think I should stop farming the bounties and just farm coins now I have all mercs, as any coins I get are kind of being wasted and when new mercs get released they have a chance of helping to get the coins to craft them.

That's what I'm doing as well. You may not believe it, but I found farming coins using heroic 1-1 is even faster than farming tasks. 3 minutes for 10 guaranteed useful coins is insanely good - it is 4800 coins per day if executed perfectly, enough to max out 4 heroes (after their tasks are maxed out). With tasks, often I have to complete them manually which can waste several hours (= 200+ coins). Each task on average only gives you 50 targeted coins (useless if they are rare mercs as eventually you will have thousands of excess coins for them) plus random coins which are often useless.
I do have to write some script to speed up as the bot currently take too much time to choose bonus or start a new level, 5-10 seconds delay at each.

Edit: Forgot to mention this only works if you already have Valeera and is just trying to max it out. You need to only put King Krush and Valeera in the team. You can cheat the bot by setting max round to 10000 and change the deck after the bot creates it and heads to PVE mode.
FaceHunter222
#25 Posted : Thursday, January 6, 2022 2:16:20 PM(UTC)

I started farming heroic 1-1 after collecting all mercs, tested for 3 days, and the farming rate is between 2800-3100 coins per day, depending on who you put in the party. I have a AutoHotKey equivalent script to do following:

1. Always pick the spirit healer when available, to avoid 1 fight. The bot always picks the left one, whether it is fight or spirit healer, so on average this saves 0.5 fight per run.
2. Always pick the middle bonus after each fight. The bot takes more than 10 seconds to pick one. 30 second saving per run.
3. Click away battle animations like MoonlitBlackCat did

I opened firestone to track remaining coins to collect and found that I should max out all my mercs in no more than 14 days without doing any task.

So I think MoonlitBlackCat's strategy is very efficient before finishing the collection. It takes me 3 weeks to have a complete collection with his strategy. I can probably shorten it to 2 weeks in hinder sight if I stick with heroic 2-6 with fire comp and add a script to concede after mysterious stranger. After you get every mercs, the strategy would be quite simple:

1. Just farm heroic 1-1 instead of trying anything fancy. Whatever you do manually will actually slow down the farming. Put only 3 members (it is OK to put 6 but there will be an animation of shuffling the 3 bench members to your deck each fight) that need most remaining coins in the party every day.
2. Focus on task 1~7 without worrying about 8~18 for each merc (except Valeera, who needs task 8). This is only to get the equipment. The coin drops from tasks are actually slower than farming heroic 1-1 if you factor in both the time to get the task and time to complete it. Doing daily refreshed task is fine, but definitely abandon those that need manual steps to complete.

Wish JoyAdmin would eliminate any delays on the lettuce map and add special optimization for heroic 1-1, so everyone can max out their collections quickly. Currently it will only take 4.5 weeks from nothing to a maxed out complete collection and the mode is basically done. There is really no need to improve the AI or implement any fancy features beyond what are mentioned here.
FaceHunter222
#26 Posted : Thursday, January 6, 2022 2:30:50 PM(UTC)

Also, for those who haven't got complete collections, I'll add two points to MoonlitBlackCat's strategy:
1. Get a comp as soon as possible so that you can farm heroic 2-6 most efficiently. In my case it is the fire comp: Rag + Antonidas + Baron. But any other AOE would do. Open packs if you are struggling to reach mysterious stranger in heroic 2-6. After that, save packs.
2. Open the remaining packs exactly when you are about to complete the collection. pack count = remaining legendary to collect * 20. So if you only have 2 legendaries left to collect, open them when you have 40 packs. If you open too early, you'll struggle to get a complete collection and it will take you wayyyyyyy longer to finish them now. If you open too late - well, the packs are almost useless after you have complete collection, unless you want to save it for new merc release. But I suspect that they might release expansion pack like normal hearthstone expansions, otherwise all P2W players will quit. In that case, saving the packs would be useless.
fireplace
#21 Posted : Sunday, January 9, 2022 2:17:26 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
FaceHunter222;61818 wrote:
You can cheat the bot by setting max round to 10000 and change the deck after the bot creates it and heads to PVE mode.

I'd tried to do this before unsuccessfully by getting the bot to play a merc team I'd created vs editing a merc team it had created.

This is perfect - I now have a team with the five mercs that aren't at bounty 7 yet so i can force farm those bounties (most of these are mercs that aren't currently in the bots drop down list - which is why they haven't progressed) and can use to force farm coins on 1-1 with the bunch of mercs I want to get coins once this is done.
2 Pages<12