Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Mercenaries AI is complete garbage
enkae7317
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 9, 2021 7:20:28 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Why does this bot not use spells/abilities on CD? Like there's literally no reason NOT to use those abilities. Rexxar doesn't summon any beasts. My grukan doesn't use chain lightning like ever. These abilities are on CD for a reason and they SHOULD be used ASAP but the bot literally still uses the first ability and does nothing with your other skills sometimes.

Lastly, I'd like to be able to configure the AI since this bot doesn't know what it is doing. Even with a full 6 team of level 30 heroes, I can't even do any level-30 missions properly without my party getting wiped 1/3 of the way there.
JoyAdmin
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 9, 2021 11:14:42 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 4538 time(s) in 1636 post(s)
So far there is only very basic a.i. in Mercenary mode, it's still under developing.
MoonlitBlackCat
#3 Posted : Friday, December 10, 2021 1:23:04 PM(UTC)
MoonlitBlackCat

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 7 post(s)
enkae7317;61737 wrote:
Why does this bot not use spells/abilities on CD? Like there's literally no reason NOT to use those abilities. Rexxar doesn't summon any beasts. My grukan doesn't use chain lightning like ever. These abilities are on CD for a reason and they SHOULD be used ASAP but the bot literally still uses the first ability and does nothing with your other skills sometimes.

Lastly, I'd like to be able to configure the AI since this bot doesn't know what it is doing. Even with a full 6 team of level 30 heroes, I can't even do any level-30 missions properly without my party getting wiped 1/3 of the way there.

It is a beta function that is new on a new game mode. Honestly we should be very happy we got something like this, so soon after release.

However "complete garbage" is a bit harsh. With the right actions and interactions it's pretty effiecient at leveling, farming coins and farming tasks.
The most tedious of tasks.

If you are struggling you could try my guide to steamline farming a bit.

I hardly lose any bounty's unless I intenional throw them.
"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."
fireplace
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 11, 2021 12:56:06 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
It's a matter of perspective. If you use it for farming its brilliant. If you want it to do more difficult stuff it's not very good. I'm focusing on the former and very grateful for it. I'm not sure the latter is really that an important improvement to make.

Has cycled through heaps of mysterious stranger bounties and leveled up every merc to 30 / have many now maxxed out as well on stats. Just have 2 mercs left to collect.

It also means you don't need to worry about the more difficult coins as you can just let it grind a very low level bounty for those coins at 10/15 per ~5-10 mins. And with these things, once you are done, you are done (I guess until they increase the maximums)