Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

HearthRanger.exe can't be renamed after 10.6.5.4 anymore
Twister
#1 Posted : Friday, June 8, 2018 7:30:45 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I used to copy and rename these three files after every update to further hide the executable's filename of the running bot-process:
  • HearthRanger.exe
  • HearthRanger.exe.config
  • HearthRanger.ini

After the update to 10.6.5.4 the bot only works correctly when launched with it's original filename. When the renamed version is launched, it's still stuck in the transitStatemachinefromOffline error loop.
1 user thanked Twister for this useful post.
mrgodai on 6/19/2018(UTC)
Vladislove
#2 Posted : Friday, June 8, 2018 7:50:17 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Why u do it? If u open task manager, i will see, that bot's process has another name every time
Twister
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 9, 2018 7:03:12 AM(UTC)

I know that the caption of the window is obfuscated and thus different with each launch of the application, but i allready wrote why i did it: Simply to hide the [allways the same] executable's filename of the running process which can be read by software though various means.

I'm using HR since 2015 and did this since then without having any issues. Maybe this is a case of going the extra mile and I know that we haven't seen a major banwave since Blizzard was successful in court vs. Bossland GmbH (Hearthbuddy developer) and yet i felt better doing the little effort of renaming the executable once after HR updated.

If this isn't fixed or resolved in some way I am fine with it the way it is now, but since it has never been an issue before i just wanted to report that the behavoir of the application recently changed in this regard.
10.6.4.0 is currently the last version where it wasn't an issue to rename the main executable.
1 user thanked Twister for this useful post.
mrgodai on 6/19/2018(UTC)
Twister
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 21, 2018 6:01:48 AM(UTC)

Hello,

just wanted to report back and point out that this issue or this change in behavior is still present in the current latest version 10.6.6.4.
I don't think that it's super helpful, but i attached the debug log in the spoiler below:
Cloud
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 21, 2018 8:05:39 AM(UTC)
Cloud

Man

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 45 post(s)
It is forbidden by law to readout your ram by any company like microsoft or blizzard. So it doesnt matter how you name this tasks anyway. Thats also the reason why for example turbohud is official forbidden to use in Diablo 3 but blizzard can't do anything about it because they can only prove the usage by reading out your ram.