Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Current Meta (as of 4/25/18) for your Deck Building Needs
VeilAers
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 26, 2018 2:35:22 AM(UTC)
VeilAers

Groups: Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 12 post(s)
  • -These decks will likely change within the week, so take this list with a grain of salt.
  • -This list contains win percentages. They are averaged total percentages over number of plays over all ranks. They do not represent absolute win rates at any rank.
  • -These decks are guaranteed to win. These decks are guaranteed to lose. That's the nature of the game. The purpose of listing them here is as a reference for anyone who has not/will not/can not compile a list of their own.
  • -Don't expect great performance out of any of these decks without either custom configs or Hearthranger AI changes. Except the aggro decks. Those will likely do well.
  • -One deck per class. I've chosen the highest performing deck list for each.
  • -Sources: Hearthpwn.com Metastats.net Hearthstonetopdecks.com Why have I chosen to aggregate a list from these sources? Because they all source from public data and augment their stats with algorithms in an attempt to remove outliers and fluke decks. It's not perfect. No list sites are. Don't like my sources, list your own and suggest a tier list like this.

1. 64% - Even Paladin: AAECAZ8FBPQFucEC2ccCzfQCDdMB+wHcA/IF2QeNCLEIiMcC+NICieYC6uYCt+cC4fACAA==
  2. 62% - Spiteful Druid: AAECAZICBq8ErMICyssCmdMCnOIC0OcCDN4F8gWXwQLrwgKbywKHzgKR0ALR4QKL5QL55gLX6wKL7gIA
  3. 58.1% - Zoolock: AAECAf0GBNMBl9MCnOICv/ECDTD3BPIF+wXCCJfBAp/CAuvCAsrDApvLAvfNAvLQAtHhAgA=
  4. 57.8% - Spiteful Priest: AAECAa0GCJAC8gWKB5vCAqbOAujQAo7uAonxAgsI4QSNCPIM3MECysMCmcgCyssCzswCy+YC1+sCAA==
  5. 57.5% - Tempo Rogue: AAECAaIHBLICrwTP4QKc4gINtAGMAu0C1AXyBd0IgcIC68ICysMCm8sCyssC2+MCpu8CAA==
  6. 56.5% - Spell Hunter: AAECAR8E7Qbp0gKG0wLc7gINjQGoArUDhwTJBJcI2wn+DN3SAt/SAuPSAuHjAurjAgA=
  7. 56.4% - Aggro Mage: AAECAf0EBk1xvAi/CKLTAu7TAgy7ApUDqwS0BOYElgXsBfoFwcECmMQCj9MCwvMCAA==
  8. 56.2% - Taunt Warrior: AAECAQcGkQb7DNPDAtPFAsLOAsrnAgxL/weyCJvCAsrDAsnHApvLAszNAs/nAqrsApvzAsXzAgA=
  9. 45% - Shudderwock Shaman: AAECAaoIBu4B7QX7DJPBAqvnAu/3AgyKAYEE9QT+BcfBAsnHApvLArbNAvPnAuDqAp7wAu/xAgA=

My take:
I can't create all these decks, so until I amass the cards or another 55k dust, I can only comment personally on every deck but Shaman, Warlock, and Warrior.

That being said, Even Paladin wrecks with Misused's Odd Paladin custom config. Yeah, wrong deck for the config, it should be misplaying all over the place, but Even Paladin is almost impossible to misplay. That's why it's so high on the list. Everyone from casual whales to pro ladder climbers are finding great success with the deck. It's almost as though if the match-up is anything else than another Paladin or Warlock you're likely going to win.

However, all the decks (not you Shaman) see greater than 55% winrates right now. That's really balanced. Way more balanced than I've ever seen HS be since I started playing. I need to take a moment to comment on that, because that's incredibly hard to do. Of course, in a week or a month from now, or when a new nerf/buff patch hits, that balance might be thrown out of whack again, but for right now shed your tears for Shaman and enjoy dat balance.

Yeah, Shaman got the shaft, a huge pointed shaft that's more like a spear to through the heart, but I think that has more to do with Sudderwock and its win condition than it's card library. Shudderwock is Shaman's most powerful play with the way its other mainstays have rotated out, but you only get one shot at pulling it off. If you fail, you can't recover. If you don't pull the cards, you can't recover. If you are limited to top-decking...you get the gist. Shaman lost Evolve and Devolve, it just has nothing else left to fight back with. But, as ultimately broken I see Shaman right now, I more expect the other deck to suffer collective nerfs than I do to see Shaman get buffed. We'll see. But, for now, don't waste your dust on Thrall.

TL:DR; Paladin is the standout star. Go even. Go odd. Doesn't really matter, just don't go murloc you sick sonofa- Everyone else is a solid middle of the pack and should be fun to play, so play your favorites and have fun. Except Shaman. Light a candle for Thrall and wait for his resurrection in the next balance patch.

Decks likely to be moddable for Hearthranger and great success: Any paladin (aggro variants like this one), Spiteful Druid, Zoolock (if you can get Echo down), Aggro Mage.
Decks likely to be serviceable: Zoolock, Spiteful Priest, Tempo Rogue, Spell Hunter, Taunt Warrior. These decks require synergy and combos to shine. Not impossible, Ljac did a really great job balancing that before WW was released. It'll take some genius to see it again.
Decks likely to end up in the Recycle Bin: Shaman anything. Poor guy.
1 user thanked VeilAers for this useful post.
Outcast on 4/26/2018(UTC)
sammy6369
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 26, 2018 3:10:46 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
May I ask why not the murloc paladin? It's on tier 1.
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 26, 2018 5:19:09 AM(UTC)

Are these configurations using the default?
paco33
#6 Posted : Friday, April 27, 2018 7:45:49 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
all these play funglemancer to the right of cards..
ralphy
#7 Posted : Sunday, April 29, 2018 4:04:48 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
This isn't some secret information. You can find the best deck at the moment here.

https://hsreplay.net/meta/
VeilAers
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 29, 2018 11:13:29 PM(UTC)
VeilAers

Woman

sammy6369;56062 wrote:
May I ask why not the murloc paladin? It's on tier 1.

-This list contains win percentages. They are averaged total percentages over number of plays over all ranks. They do not represent absolute win rates at any rank.

What ranks is your deck considered tier 1?

0981357291;56063 wrote:
Are these configurations using the default?

-Don't expect great performance out of any of these decks without either custom configs or Hearthranger AI changes. Except the aggro decks. Those will likely do well.

As in, these are player-played decks. Listed here for others to have an idea of what to expect with meta decks.
paco33;56099 wrote:
all these play funglemancer to the right of cards..

...what?

ralphy;56112 wrote:
This isn't some secret information. You can find the best deck at the moment here.

-Sources: Hearthpwn.com Metastats.net Hearthstonetopdecks.com Why have I chosen to aggregate a list from these sources? Because they all source from public data and augment their stats with algorithms in an attempt to remove outliers and fluke decks. It's not perfect. No list sites are. Don't like my sources, list your own and suggest a tier list like this.

-These decks are guaranteed to win. These decks are guaranteed to lose. That's the nature of the game. The purpose of listing them here is as a reference for anyone who has not/will not/can not compile a list of their own.

There are a ton of tier sites. This one you linked gathers data the same way Hearthpwn does. But from how many sources? And how does it filter that data? How does it break it all down? Do you know? I don't.

That being said, that tier list looks an awful lot like mine.
ralphy
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 1, 2018 1:20:40 AM(UTC)

VeilAers;56116 wrote:

There aren't that many sites.

There are only 3 websites that list winrates from collected data. And the hearthpwn winrate list is brand new.

VeilAers;56116 wrote:

This one you linked gathers data the same way Hearthpwn does. But from how many sources?

And no it doesn't gather data the same way hearthpwn does. It gathers from everyone running hearthstone deck tracker which is more people than the people who have the hearthpwn software installed. No one I know uses that, while basically every serious player including streamers like kripparian and toast have hearthstone deck tracker running.

VeilAers;56116 wrote:

And how does it filter that data? How does it break it all down? Do you know? I don't.

That being said, that tier list looks an awful lot like mine.

Just because you don't know doesn't mean everyone else doesn't. It gives an even more detailed break down than what you've provided, and even more detail is available if you pay.

And it looks like yours because it has the most data out of any other website.
Juebar
#10 Posted : Tuesday, May 1, 2018 7:17:39 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi !

Just my two cents....

- High winning percentage in Meta does not mean the bot will win more.
- There are decks that are good usable with the bot - others are not.
- My suggestion would be to try an make these winning decks "bottable" with config-files and such things to prevent the bot from making errors an make him more efficiently play the decks
- My problem is: I am not good in creating those files. I know there are guides how to make them - and I would love to learn it. But I did`t get them to work with the bot.

But hey: Good Idea on using meta as basic values for decks.

All the best

J.
#12 Posted : Tuesday, May 1, 2018 9:24:55 AM(UTC)

Zoolock

Is the code wrong? Copy does not show the card
ralphy
#11 Posted : Tuesday, May 1, 2018 2:48:59 PM(UTC)

Juebar;56159 wrote:
Hi !

Just my two cents....

- High winning percentage in Meta does not mean the bot will win more.
- There are decks that are good usable with the bot - others are not.
- My suggestion would be to try an make these winning decks "bottable" with config-files and such things to prevent the bot from making errors an make him more efficiently play the decks
- My problem is: I am not good in creating those files. I know there are guides how to make them - and I would love to learn it. But I did`t get them to work with the bot.

But hey: Good Idea on using meta as basic values for decks.

All the best

J.

Obviously the bot is very stupid which means it can only use aggro decks or decks where you just drop the biggest card you have each turn like secret paladin.
NightyBot
#8 Posted : Tuesday, May 1, 2018 5:15:58 PM(UTC)
NightyBot

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
ralphy;56112 wrote:

Not for botting.
The most decks are to complex for our bot.
ralphy
#9 Posted : Thursday, May 3, 2018 11:41:52 PM(UTC)

NightyBot;56169 wrote:
Not for botting.
The most decks are to complex for our bot.

Like I just said you just pick the aggro decks.
VeilAers
#13 Posted : Friday, May 4, 2018 7:22:10 PM(UTC)
VeilAers

Woman

Just to clarify, the purpose of this post was to highlight the current meta for those who want to create custom configs. Please see my disclaimers in my OP so you know what to (or not to) expect. This isn't intended to be used in the bot as is. You might have success with aggro decks, but this is just a reference post.

ralphy;56167 wrote:
Obviously the bot is very stupid...

ralphy;56148 wrote:
Just because you don't know doesn't mean everyone else doesn't. It gives an even more detailed break down than what you've provided, and even more detail is available if you pay.

And it looks like yours because it has the most data out of any other website.

So you have a lot of negativity. You're also missing the point. If you're not having fun playing the game, using the bot, and see no joy or purpose in a post like this, you're more than free to move on.

If you think you're right, or at least more right than me, then I'll point out that I've invited anyone to post their own tier list. In fact, please do. The more accurate, the better, and the more data our modders have for creating their custom configs that will have a fighting chance at later ranks.

However, if you are not going to contribute and insist on remaining this negative about those who do, you'll be easily ignored from this post onward.
1 user thanked VeilAers for this useful post.
spyscouter on 5/5/2018(UTC)
paco33
#14 Posted : Tuesday, May 8, 2018 1:29:19 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
https://hsreplay.net/archetypes/215/even-paladin

can someone plz make a config and mulligan for this
ustica
#15 Posted : Friday, May 11, 2018 6:00:29 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 20 post(s)
I have been trying this new Odd Paladin for 2 days and I am steadily stuck where I started, at rank 15.
I guess it is not working correctly