Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

More stealth features to combat new blizzard anti-cheat
antoseb
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 11, 2017 5:46:14 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 9 post(s)
For anyone that follows WOW botting you likely heard of the honorbuddy bans recently and the subsequent shutdown of the service. I think we can all agree we don't want this happening to hearthranger. For better or for worse HR is one of the most popular HS bots now, its #1 on google search. This means we are probably on their radar. The newest Blizzard anti-cheat system that WOW has been using actually scans running programs on your computer while the game is running, and it can also detect the names of windows that are open. I think we need to implement a "stealth mode" to this bot to prevent detection through this method. "hearthranger.exe" isn't exactly under the radar. I'm not sure how complex the task is to mask the software identity and change the window name to something inconspicuous, but if its doable then I think it should definitely be a priority.
2 users thanked antoseb for this useful post.
MELO on 11/12/2017(UTC), 7heaxe on 11/12/2017(UTC)
MELO
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 12, 2017 4:09:54 PM(UTC)

Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I did the same time request I did reply in summary that blizzard can monitor programs but not in Europe where privacy laws are more stringent than the US.
To be honest this answer does not calm me down

Ho fatto la stessa richiesta tempo fà mi hanno risposto in sintesi che la blizzard può monitorare i programmi ma non in Europa dove le leggi sulla privacy sono più stringenti rispetto all'america.
A essere sincero questa risposta non mi tranquillizza
7heaxe
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 12, 2017 4:39:45 PM(UTC)

Man

Yeah the anti cheat is getting ridiculous, it's only a matter of time HR gets targeted. I feel like there is probably a way to make HR look like a random program and Im sure the devs are hard at work.
Killer1980_
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 12, 2017 7:05:47 PM(UTC)

antoseb;52554 wrote:
and change the window name

Window name is random already. We need to make process name random also, or completely hide it from task manager, I think.
7heaxe
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 12, 2017 7:48:49 PM(UTC)

Man

i wonder if hiding tools would help. after a google search this is what comes up "hiding tools"
antoseb
#6 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2017 9:35:48 PM(UTC)

7heaxe;52569 wrote:
i wonder if hiding tools would help. after a google search this is what comes up "hiding tools"

Can anyone with a better understanding of software say if this would help. It might be the case that 3rd party software already exists that could help hide HR.
YB
#7 Posted : Monday, November 13, 2017 11:49:28 PM(UTC)

antoseb;52585 wrote:
Can anyone with a better understanding of software say if this would help. It might be the case that 3rd party software already exists that could help hide HR.

I want to know too. I want to buy this program but need to know this firstly. Please Admin respond.
1 user thanked YB for this useful post.
MELO on 11/14/2017(UTC)
antoseb
#8 Posted : Saturday, November 18, 2017 6:28:48 PM(UTC)

YB;52588 wrote:
I want to know too. I want to buy this program but need to know this firstly. Please Admin respond.

I would hold off until admin responds and implements something. I posted a similar request/suggestion about a month ago and he also ignored that despite a lot of other people agreeing in the comments. The silence to this is really suspicious.
1 user thanked antoseb for this useful post.
MELO on 11/19/2017(UTC)
bettergamer
#9 Posted : Tuesday, December 12, 2017 2:15:49 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
antoseb;52647 wrote:
I would hold off until admin responds and implements something. I posted a similar request/suggestion about a month ago and he also ignored that despite a lot of other people agreeing in the comments. The silence to this is really suspicious.

Silence is likely due to the fact that JoyAdmin doesn't know if the bot can be detected by the process name. Saying that he is currently working on that feature would cause people to get scared and think that it is an issue that could get them caught, then they stop botting.