Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

[Ver.9.9.0.0] EXTREME LAG SPIKES (Proof Video)
evert7877
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 19, 2017 6:55:16 AM(UTC)
evert7877

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 23 post(s)
W8 EXTREME LAG SPIKES W8
Sys specs:
i5 @ 2.7Ghz
SSD 256GB
16GB RAM

W8ing

Proof VIDEO 1
Proof VIDEO 2

System is running fine with no bottlenecks but still at some point after running Hearthranger there are appearing huge lag spikes from Hearthranger influencing Hearthstone.
Hearthranger itself is running fine but the communication between Hearthstone and Hearthranger is severely impacted with this phenomenon.

These lag spikes are appearing on 4 different laptops with good enough spec’s to run Hearthstone @ +30 FPS along with Hearthranger.
LaptopLaptopLaptopLaptop

Even when I applied the fix mentioned here: http://www.hearthranger.com/onlinehelp/hs/visionai/VisionAI_how_to_speed_up_on_low_spec_computer.htm it is still happening.
I am having this issue for 2 years and 9 months since Monday, December 22th, 2014 that’s v.2.8.0.0!

Please optimize the handling of the memory cache between Hearthranger and Hearthstone.
This lag severely impacts win rate.

After all this time it still happens...
Awh :(
1 user thanked evert7877 for this useful post.
thesikaleon on 10/23/2017(UTC)
VeilAers
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 19, 2017 2:13:05 PM(UTC)
VeilAers

Woman

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 12 post(s)
First of all, your video links don't appear to be showing any Hearthstone related videos. At least they didn't appear so from the thumbnails and, well, I wasn't going to view them all to be sure.

Anyway, this is a very common problem if you're running on Windows 10, or any version with Windows Defender as your primary antivirus. Here's how to be sure that's the problem:

• -Run Hearthstone and Hearthranger until lag appears.
  • -Right-click your taskbar and launch Task Manager.
  • -Expand Processes view with "More Details" located at the bottom.
  • -Sort processes by CPU.

Is Antimalware Service Executable running with a ton of CPU? If so, that's your culprit.

How to fix:
  • -In the Windows 10 search field type in "Defender" and launch Windows Defender Security Center.
  • -Click on "Virus & threat protection".
  • -Click on "Virus & threat protection settings".
  • -Scroll down to Exclusions and click "Add or remove exclusions".
  • -Click "Add an exclusion" and choose "file" and select "Hearthstone.exe".
  • -Do the same for "Hearthranger.exe".
  • -For good measure you can repeat this by choosing Folder and excluding the entire folders for Hearthstone and Hearthranger.
  • -Reboot.
  • -Play.

This should take care of it on a reasonably fast system. If you still experience lag then your only other option is to turn off Real-time Protection for the duration of your Hearthstone/Hearthranger play. You should only do this part if the above didn't work.

• -In the Windows 10 search field type in "Defender" and launch Windows Defender Security Center.
  • -Click on "Virus & threat protection".
  • -Click on "Virus & threat protection settings".
  • -Find "real-time protection" at the top of the list and choose to turn it off.
  • -Accept the UAC prompt for admin control.
  • -Ignore the warnings of being unprotected for the duration of your play.

This will last until your next reboot or you turn real-time protection back on.

If you do not have Windows Defender and are experiencing this lag, check whatever your antivirus or anti-malware apps you're using and add Hearthstone and Hearthranger to their exception lists.

Enjoy.
1 user thanked VeilAers for this useful post.
JoyAdmin on 10/19/2017(UTC)
thesikaleon
#4 Posted : Monday, October 23, 2017 3:07:24 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
i have exactly same problem after bot run for some time

first 1h-2h will be ok but when i let it run to complete the 30 wins overnight it will has extreme lag spikes

even if i stop hearthranger and i manually play the game it will be the same

Once the lag spikes begin in Hearthstone the only solution is restart the game.

Actually i am forced to use bot for 3h non stop maximum, otherwise its a hell

The lag is not related to CPU. When minimize game everything else working like a charm. I can run a second game same time without any lag, i can watch youtube, and run several applications. My PC is high end. For some reason Hearthranger will make just Hearthstone to lag. Restarting the game will instant fix the problem.

I use windows 8.1 to avoid all the win 10 problems with gaming

Suggestion: Maybe you can add an option at bot settings so it will restart Hearthstone after a specific number of games played or time passed? So it will fix the lag and can go on farming ;)
thesikaleon
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 26, 2017 12:42:23 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
VeilAers;52101 wrote:

Anyway, this is a very common problem if you're running on Windows 10, or any version with Windows Defender as your primary antivirus. Here's how to be sure that's the problem:

Solved problem for me!!! Win 8.1

Turn off the real time protection and works like a charm!!!

THX
titaniumage
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 28, 2017 6:59:19 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Same here.

I use Windows 10 64bit, my computer is good enough to run hearthstone with bot.

But after 15-20 minutes i have extremely strong FPS lag, which stop only after game restart. I shut off my windows defender, and my firewall too, is there any 100% tip that can solve the problem?

Edit.: I Update all of my driver with Driver Booster (iobit) and now everythings fine.
Aezuregos
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 31, 2017 11:28:12 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I will try the work-around above mentioned, but i have to say, it's disapointing that on a pretty good system the bot is causing these issues. The person that wrote this article mentioned this multiple times and wrote he has had this struggle for a long time. I will try the method to fix the issue, but i actually think (this is a feeling), that it is the bot that sucks too much memory in some way. Thanks for the service though. Kind regards from Holland / The Netherlands.

EDIT:

I was trying all the methods mentioned above and i am afraid the topic starter has a point. There is not really a workaround for this problem it seems. I have opened my defender and i have turned off EVERYTHING. All virus protection and even the firewall. I run a clean install of Windows 7. Not much will open when i run my PC. It's a different one then the one i am on now. It's 100% clean and fresh. Also, i opened task manager and i closed ALL things that used memory that doesnt interfere with the usual stuff to run the pc. It is a bot issue. Also it's not the internet. The internet runs fine. I am thankful for the service but if the bot stays this way i will post my experiences on several forums and tell the people there to NOT USE this software. I expect a patch or solution cus i payed 20 euro's yesterday as a new customer... I don't wanna pay money for something that doesnt work. I would like to have a reply from the developers about what we will do with this.... :/. Very much please.