Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Bot RAM settings
papuce
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 23, 2017 12:51:37 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I tried higher bot VICPUs and calc depth increase to 12, so I thought bot would need more RAM than default 1024 and I adjusted RAM settings:
[BOT]
MaxMemoryUsage=2048

However, bot started to raise "signal timeout of memory restriction" after each started calculation, even at turn 2, 3... I checked taskmanager and it said Hearthranger using 150-350 MB RAM (I dont remember exactly, but it did not raise significantly, definitely not by 2 GB) and my system had +-5GB free RAM. So, is the number of "MaxMemoryUsage" set in MBs or is it KBs or anything else?
JoyAdmin
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 23, 2017 9:38:35 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 4538 time(s) in 1636 post(s)
Set higher values in VICPU settings doesn't mean bot will get better performance, since every calculation has very limited time.

Something wrong with your .net framework's garbage collection ?
papuce
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 24, 2017 11:11:40 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
JoyAdmin;51028 wrote:
Set higher values in VICPU settings doesn't mean bot will get better performance, since every calculation has very limited time.

Something wrong with your .net framework's garbage collection ?

Case A) I can set bot's RAM limit to 2048 or 4096 MB using this:
[BOT]
MaxMemoryUsage=4096
but bot uses only around 200 MB (checked taskmanager) and stops each calculation cos of memory restrictions, even though it is using only 5-10% of allowed memory.

Case B) If I don't set memory limit (default settings), bot uses even 1500 MB with no problems (checked taskmanager), no memory restriction stops .

I don't think this is problem with garbage collection, because that way the limited bot would use all the 2048 MBs and then stop all calculations. However, bot stops the calculations while using about 200MB, that is like 10% of the limit value.
This looks more like the memory settings are not working correctly. For example 4096 MB limit is not 4096 MB, but 4096 KB (or something).

PS: Just curious - inscreasing VICPU, calculation depth and max wait time could lead to better results? Example: shaman mid game with 6 minions, bloodlust, evolve, devolve... more calculations = possibly better results, right? Because right now, bot sometimes doesn't attack with all minions before evolve (maybe counting their evolve value is better than their attack value, and can't count both values for all minions because of calc depth)
JoyAdmin
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 24, 2017 12:35:59 PM(UTC)

I rechecked the code, MaxMemoryUsage may have an overflow bug with higher value, it's been patched and will be released in next update.

And the value is process's physical memory usage in MB, so the virtual memory usage may over 1GB.

' inscreasing VICPU, calculation depth and max wait time could lead to better results?'

- In some cases it will, but in most cases bot stops calculating by time limitation.

1 user thanked JoyAdmin for this useful post.
papuce on 8/24/2017(UTC)
u4ea
#5 Posted : Monday, August 28, 2017 8:39:36 AM(UTC)

Man

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Sorry, but where can see that settings? Is it like settings for SF: number of calculations, etc.? Any recommendations for server processors?!
JoyAdmin
#6 Posted : Monday, August 28, 2017 12:34:04 PM(UTC)

1 user thanked JoyAdmin for this useful post.
u4ea on 8/28/2017(UTC)