Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

[HowTo] Use Bot Safely
NightlyKnight
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 18, 2017 8:20:13 AM(UTC)
NightlyKnight

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Hello guys. I decided to make this thread because lately there is a big disscusion on this matter and I see that a lot of new users don't have any idea of how to bot properly.

101 How To Bot Safely

Rule Number ONE - there is no 100 % safety ... if you make love to your account, one day you may get hearthbroken !

Apart from that, there a lot of ways you can minimize beeing detected as a "cheater".

Some General strategies :

1. Decide what you want to do - farm gold, portraits or climb ladder. The first two are FAR more safely than the second. The reason is the higher the bot climbs the more experienced players it is facing, who are able to recognize it as bot easier. My advice is to stay away from the climbing ladder at all.
2. Time spend botting should be optimal to stay low on the radar. Blizz doesn't measure session lengths because there are real players that play for days. But just for precaution, I would stay as low as 8 hours per day.
3. Daily gold and quest. When it comes to daily quests and gold it is ok to skip a day or two in the month. Don't take every single piece of gold for 6 months straight! Let the bot win 26 games one day, not 30. Take 80-90 gold instead of 100 some days. This way you are more inconsistent - so lower on their radar. Imagine that you got reported as a bot. Then someone at blizzard is inspecting your account. They see that every day you play for 10 hours for example and every single day you are earning 100 gold then stop. And this is for the past 5-6 months. You are going to be marked as bot more easily.
4. Don't add friends to your friend list and random people. Have only people who you can trust. If you add 3-4 of your friends and you didn't tell them that you bot, what will happen when they see you play for 10 hours a day? Probably some of them will be willing to report you, just because they believe in greater good. Botting is like steroids - everyone that is taking them denies! Be smart about it. Another thing you can do if you already have friends is to set battle net launcher to away/DND and to remove the option for friends to spectate your games.
5. Rotate decks ! Don't play over and over again with a single deck.
6. Be careful when and how to run the top bot deck (like wild pirate warrior). If the whole community is running the same deck it is easier to be spot (as recent events shown) Sometimes it is safer not to go with the herd.
7.Learn how to use some of the built-in HearthRanger features !!! to avoid beeing seen as a bot

Those are my settings and why I chose you use them :

Learn how to use queues!

This is important in my opinion for not beeing consistent with a deck. For example below. I have set 3 queues with 3 different decks. You can lower the win rate % if desired. This way I can farm gold with not only one character and deck. Of course if you have only botting decks you can just set "Use Random Deck"

Learn to use QUEUES

The AUTO CONCEDE options.

Depending on the deck you play you can make smart auto concede options for your bot to follow. Lets analize the example below :
1) I have set the bot to concede if the opponent has lethal (I know it is somehow bugged and sometimes it can concede even when YOU have lethal, but better to lose one game then be recognized as bot) Why is this option necessary? There are some players at lower ranks that will even fatigue the bot to the point where he can't win and just stays in the game looking dump. Then they will report you because they have decided that you are a bot. Our aim is to minimize the reports !
2) I like to concede during first turn. This way it is not that obvious.You mulligan .. see your starting hand and decides to concede (more natural aproach).
3) I'm running to concede if my HP are below 5 and the opponent's hp 25 or above. If bot have lost so hard so far it is going to be hard for him to got back into the game. Again ... better to lose a game or two then, to be banned.
4) Depending on the deck I use the option for the bot to concede if he has played more then 25 turns. If you play pirate warrior you can set this to 15 or something. In my experience, if the bot plays more then 20 turns it is pretty much going to be a lost (especially with all that viable aggro decks that he is useing lately)

Smart Concede

Bot Control Options !

Those are the options that will mimic real player.
1) Maximum random time between actions is set to 1 second and a half (1500ms). I use this so that the bot looks more inconsistent with its timing. You can lower or higher this setting as you wish. Just watch out for ropeing if you increase it too much.
2) Showing mouse movement path is MENDATORY. I use mouse speed 75 so that is more visible.
3) Mouse hovering frequency is set to 25. Bot will point at random cards when waiting for his turn. Just like a real person.
4) Never reply to opponent's emotes - otherwise someone will start spamming emotes when he thinks that you are bot, and the bot will always response.
5) Decline all friends invitation - MENDATORY. Most of the time when someone wants to adds you as a friend after the bot have played is because he THINKS that you are a bot. When doing so you will reveal your ID to him, and will be an easy target for reporting. Remember - your display name is not your ID, and it is difficult to be reported only by it.

Bot Control Options

How to farm golden heroes :

Gold

1. Find a deck that has a decent win rate at rank 20 (<50%)
2. In auto concede options set to concede if last game won.
3. Repeat until you have your golden hero
win

Example at rank 20 with most BASIC mage DECK (And when I say MOST basic, I mean MOST BASIC)

basic

Hope this helps. If someone has more tips I'll be glad to add them to the guide.
Cheers,
16 users thanked NightlyKnight for this useful post.
JoyAdmin on 4/18/2017(UTC), u4ea on 4/18/2017(UTC), divaeva on 4/18/2017(UTC), MarinoBog on 4/18/2017(UTC), Somerandombot007 on 4/18/2017(UTC), tmrsm on 4/19/2017(UTC), Silversurfer3456 on 4/19/2017(UTC), ikeal on 4/20/2017(UTC), Cloud on 4/20/2017(UTC), midrangemurloc on 4/20/2017(UTC), infinite666 on 4/29/2017(UTC), Nenette on 4/30/2017(UTC), Totolitoto on 5/6/2017(UTC), Blue Sheep on 5/9/2017(UTC), Legioner on 9/4/2017(UTC), Simeon on 5/28/2023(UTC)
tomatus.bot
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 19, 2017 2:06:48 AM(UTC)

I have never understood very well how does the Use queue mode works. Can someone explain it to me? What does the Done if winrate < X % after Y games mean?
Cloud
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 19, 2017 4:08:08 AM(UTC)
Cloud

Man

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 45 post(s)
tomatus.bot;48142 wrote:
I have never understood very well how does the Use queue mode works. Can someone explain it to me? What does the Done if winrate < X % after Y games mean?

Well, self-explanatory.

If you set games to 10 like in the example, it plays 10 games nevertheless you win or lose.

After the 10 games are played it checks the winrate counter. If you reached above 50% (so you won 6 games or more of the 10 games played) it will stop and switch to the next queue. If not, it will continue as long as you reach 51% wr.

But if you use 3 different queues you should set number of games to 20 each, otherwise it is possible to finish all 3 with 6 wins each and you wont get full gold this day.
2 users thanked Cloud for this useful post.
MarinoBog on 4/19/2017(UTC), u4ea on 4/19/2017(UTC)
NightlyKnight
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 19, 2017 5:23:34 AM(UTC)
NightlyKnight

Man

Cloud;48145 wrote:

But if you use 3 different queues you should set number of games to 20 each, otherwise it is possible to finish all 3 with 6 wins each and you wont get full gold this day.

Correct ;) This is just an example that I have given. If you want to use queues for 100 gold a day it is better to set 20 wins each ;)
1 user thanked NightlyKnight for this useful post.
MarinoBog on 4/19/2017(UTC)
osillo
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 19, 2017 12:25:21 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
OK, but what I don't fully understand yet is, for example, I set it to 50% after 10 games. Let's say that after 10 games it won 3. Then the bot will continue in that queue until it wins two more games (so it's 50%) or it keeps updating the winrate %? In that case what happens if it never reaches 50%?
smokmarian
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 19, 2017 12:41:37 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Did someone get spot and now have he's account banned? or these moves are just in order to prevent this situation?
NightlyKnight
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 19, 2017 7:54:28 PM(UTC)
NightlyKnight

Man

osillo;48197 wrote:
OK, but what I don't fully understand yet is, for example, I set it to 50% after 10 games. Let's say that after 10 games it won 3. Then the bot will continue in that queue until it wins two more games (so it's 50%) or it keeps updating the winrate %? In that case what happens if it never reaches 50%?

Bot will consider task done when he has reached 50% even if it takes 100 games. I use 50% because I know what the deck I'm using are capable.

smokmarian;48200 wrote:
Did someone get spot and now have he's account banned? or these moves are just in order to prevent this situation?

Nobody I'm aware of. This is just a precaution topic. Some new users are careless when botting, so this might be usefull.

JRoyale
#8 Posted : Friday, April 21, 2017 3:53:06 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Queue

I'm not sure what I've done wrong...why isn't it switching to the next deck?
jhamdw
#9 Posted : Friday, April 21, 2017 8:59:52 PM(UTC)

JRoyale;48394 wrote:
Queue

I'm not sure what I've done wrong...why isn't it switching to the next deck?

condition is if your winrate is LESS THAN 50% after 10 games. Seems like your winrate was much higher than 50% looking at how your current is already 93% after 15, so the program didn't switch to the next queue'd deck
JRoyale
#10 Posted : Saturday, April 22, 2017 11:53:21 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Oops! OK I see now. I raised that % up to 100% and it is playing 10 games and moving on...thanks for the insight! :)
Wednesday13
#11 Posted : Saturday, April 29, 2017 8:44:35 AM(UTC)

Climb ladder? I config everything even the deck that suposedly has 89% winrate... Went from rank 12 to rank 15 in 1 hour.
This bot is awful. Lost every single match it played.
NightlyKnight
#12 Posted : Saturday, April 29, 2017 9:57:25 AM(UTC)
NightlyKnight

Man

Wednesday13;48614 wrote:
Climb ladder? I config everything even the deck that suposedly has 89% winrate... Went from rank 12 to rank 15 in 1 hour.
This bot is awful. Lost every single match it played.

Don't climb ladder yet. If you wish to do so wait for more custom configs for Vision A.I. Think of it as a newborn child - it is yet to grow and learn how to play ladder. My advice would be to concentrate on earning the 100 gold per day at this point.