Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

BOT Does not work with Tavern Brawl
wiktor44r
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 2, 2017 6:59:39 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

It doesn't play any cards. please fix :) thank you joyadmin!
Anyzh
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 2, 2017 7:57:16 PM(UTC)
Anyzh

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 17 post(s)
cmon, seriously play that TavernBrawl by your self. Let JoyAdmin work on important things... Who needs the Bot to play TB?!
Cloud
#6 Posted : Friday, March 3, 2017 4:24:17 AM(UTC)
Cloud

Man

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 45 post(s)
There are two kinds of people ...
wiktor44r
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 4, 2017 9:37:15 PM(UTC)

Anyzh;46294 wrote:
cmon, seriously play that TavernBrawl by your self. Let JoyAdmin work on important things... Who needs the Bot to play TB?!

Just thought since it's a feature of the bot it would be nice if it worked :) just wanted to share that it's currently broken with the devs. nothing wrong about that right? and i dont know if it's some big thing to work on or if its a simple fix. and i'd suspect neither do you. so better to let them know than not to right?
OverLordus
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 5, 2017 7:04:21 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
wiktor44r;46338 wrote:
Just thought since it's a feature of the bot it would be nice if it worked :) just wanted to share that it's currently broken with the devs. nothing wrong about that right? and i dont know if it's some big thing to work on or if its a simple fix. and i'd suspect neither do you. so better to let them know than not to right?

No, actually it is quite obvious that implementation of single (and useless) features may take a lot of efforts for nothing. I see that you know nothing about programming, but I can assure you that it is extremely hard to update bot every week to include new mechanics of tavern brawls. A program can't read and understand the text of a card (or brawl rules), it understands only program code which should always be created by the botmaker. So, almost every TB has unique mechanics (not saying it sometimes needs to recognize new hero portraits, which also requires some efforts, otherwise the bot will not play anything), therefore, it is wasting of time, you need to play it once a week, it is not very difficult. The same goes for the adventures: you don't need to play them every day, you just complete them and never return.

Also, there have been quite a lot of such topics about TBs and adventures.
aaabbbcccdddaaa
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 8, 2017 4:00:26 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
OverLordus;46346 wrote:
No, actually it is quite obvious that implementation of single (and useless) features may take a lot of efforts for nothing. I see that you know nothing about programming, but I can assure you that it is extremely hard to update bot every week to include new mechanics of tavern brawls. A program can't read and understand the text of a card (or brawl rules), it understands only program code which should always be created by the botmaker. So, almost every TB has unique mechanics (not saying it sometimes needs to recognize new hero portraits, which also requires some efforts, otherwise the bot will not play anything), therefore, it is wasting of time, you need to play it once a week, it is not very difficult. The same goes for the adventures: you don't need to play them every day, you just complete them and never return.

Also, there have been quite a lot of such topics about TBs and adventures.

And yet you have stated the conditions :D.
Of course TB will be more difficult to come up with, but it is entirely possible.
Programming a bot to play a TB game will require many special conditions, even though it might play really badly, we just need it to win once.