Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Is there a guide to card values?
whatnosori
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 12:09:08 PM(UTC)
whatnosori

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Card values with reference to _combo files.

I'm not sure how the card values work, and would appreciate if anyone could give a breakdown or link to a guide somewhere!
Athanatos
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 5:26:39 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
If I had to make it very short I would say.
Never make a combo in advance. Silver-AI usually plays the card correctly and there is no need for a combo. Some plays are just misplays, and although you can fix some misplays with combo’s, it’s better that a misplay gets fixed in the AI itself.
Trial and error is involved in the value number. 10 or 15 is a great number to start with in general. But sometimes it just needs 1 to make it behave to your likings. You need to test this in game or due simulating with the test.txt. When you raise the value to 500 it only will be played when it causes lethal.

Dre;34512 wrote:

How to make combo's in _combo.txt

In this part I will try to explain how to write combo's for your _combo.txt by giving some general information and then a few examples you can edit and change to the combo you want.

To combo or not to combo, thats the question
Never make a combo in advance. Silver-AI usually plays the card correctly and there is no need for a combo. Some plays are just misplays, and although you can fix some misplays with combo’s, it’s better that a misplay gets fixed in the AI itself.

You want to make a combo when in a specific deck you want cards played together, cards played after each other, cards added or lowered in value, cards played on specific turns, etc. which does NOT count for those cards in general, but just in the use of the specific deck you are using. Again if a combo should happen in every situation, in every deck, with every class it should be posted as a misplay.

Adding or lowering value to a single card
When you find some cards to be “wasted” i.e. a spell is used to kill of a minion but you want to keep the spell for face on a later stadium. Or a specific minion you want to keep in hand until it causes lethal (i.e. a big charge minion) In this case you might want to add value to the card. Again if the card should always have a higher value then it behaves you need to post is as a misplay. You add values when it’s because of the use in a specific deck.

To add value you use the line: cardvalue:CARD_ID,value(up to 3 digits). So to add 10 value to card1 (CAR_001) you use the combo:
Code:
cardvalue:CAR_001,10

Trial and error is involved in the value number. 10 or 15 is a great number to start with in general. But sometimes it just needs 1 to make it behave to your likings. You need to test this in game or due simulating with the test.txt. When you raise the value to 500 it only will be played when it causes lethal.

This value works both ways; you can also lower the value of a card. By simply adding a – before the number. You can do this when your logs shows it holds a card which, in your specific deck you want to have played. Example:
Code:
cardvalue:CAR_001,-10

examples

Cardvalues
Code:
// Cardvalue Doomguard
cardvalue:EX1_310,38

Adds a value of 38 to Doomguard, this causes it to play less or better said: more carefull.

Code:
// Cardvalue Lightning Bolt (EX1_238)    
cardvalue:EX1_238,15

Adds a value of 15 to Lightning Bolt, this causes it to play less or better said: used for bigger minions / more treatning minions or leathal / leathal setup.

Code:
// Cardvalue Stampeding Kodo (NEW1_041)
cardvalue:NEW1_041,-1

Lowers the value of Stampeding Kodo by 1. This causes it to play more or better said: Played even when it cannot target an enemy minion, when it has nothing else to play.
2 users thanked Athanatos for this useful post.
whatnosori on 3/7/2017(UTC), Miru on 3/8/2017(UTC)
whatnosori
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2017 7:59:26 PM(UTC)
whatnosori

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
thanks for this, very helpful!