Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

I propose to introduce a limit on the surprising number of arenas from 1 to infinity.
beseraf
#1 Posted : Friday, February 3, 2017 4:02:14 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

What are the principles of selecting cards for arena?
He chooses wrong cards! is it possible to connect him to arena Deck Tracker?
Also I have got some suggestions:
1. The bot has no option to stop arenas - it is important - he just wastes my gold.
2. Is it possible to teach bot the conditions of cards? And card synergy?
3. is it possible to ban cards for arena?

Anyone got a good compilations of card rules for arenas?

Example cards that bot does not understand. Arthropod-silicide, sailor Southern Seas, rhino, etc. Maps like a lot and it is necessary to do something that was more effective than the bot.

Based on the black list of cards that bot can not play it will be possible in the future to compile a list of recommended decks bot.
Athanatos
#2 Posted : Friday, February 3, 2017 12:58:12 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
The bot can stop playing arenas.
If instead of "Do not use queue" you select "Use queue"
When you add a task fot arena you can tell the bot to purchase up to a point of arena runs.

You can make custom card picking files, I think there's an example file in the externbot draft folder.
I'm pretty certain you can ban cards with that.

I don't know if you can make actual intelligent algorithms like make sure you have a good mana curve and especially couple cards with good synergy.

Imho the bot playing by itself isn't good for arena.
What I do is have the bot recommend me a round and make the play myself.

I use heartharena to "manually" draft my deck, it is pretty good at giving suggestions on synergies.
beseraf
#3 Posted : Friday, February 3, 2017 5:28:13 PM(UTC)

I'm not a programmer!
So everything is empty and no one wants to improve the quality of the bot!

The thing is that the bot doesnt understand the conditions necessary for praivlnogo funktsionirovanyai cards. Do not understand the synergy! He was blunt. I need a script, so why programmer not write it for everyone?

STUOID BOT 20 grade & can not even use the skill !!!!!!
Athanatos
#4 Posted : Friday, February 3, 2017 6:21:27 PM(UTC)

I'm not a developer but as far as I can tell the thing is.

1. No bot is as good as a decent human player,(edit) at least not with all types of decks.
2. There are both specific cards as well as deck archetypes that are exponentially harder for any bot to play.
3. Some cards are only good if you put them in certain deck archetypes, a small time buccaneer is broken in warrior and shaman but for a non weapon class it's useless.
4. This bot is not made for arena, it's made to farm gold, hero portraits and, for some decks, reach high ranks.

With that in mind you have to understand, the developers, already hard pressed as they are to maintain and optimize the bot for high ranking decks, can not give too much of their time to optimize a form of the game where you have no real knowledge of what type of deck you are going to end up with.
The bot can play an aggro or tempo warrior on arena, but if you draft a control oriented warrior, you are gonna have a bad time.

It makes much more sense to optimize the few archetypes the bot can play well in constructed mode.

The only way to make a bot capable of playing arena as good as a really good player, like an average of 6 wins is to make a behemoth A.I. that would possibly rival IBM's Watson.

Honestly arena is one of the few actually fun aspects of this game now that constructed is either aggro shaman/warrior or Reno decks.
Play it yourself if you want to gain extra gold cause as I said in point 1, no bot is as good as a decent human player.

And in the end, arena simply is not the focus of this bot.
omgfrost
#6 Posted : Friday, February 3, 2017 10:45:10 PM(UTC)
omgfrost

Was thanked: 83 time(s) in 66 post(s)
This kid won't even come back to read your answer. I'll use it in discord as tutorial tho :D
beseraf
#7 Posted : Saturday, February 4, 2017 3:54:51 AM(UTC)

omgfrost;45626 wrote:
This kid won't even come back to read your answer. I'll use it in discord as tutorial tho :D

Иди на хуй! Сам ты ребёнок! А ты провокатор ебаный и тролль!
Athanatos
#8 Posted : Saturday, February 4, 2017 4:40:24 AM(UTC)

I think he calls you a provocateur and a troll, and I know no russian at all
beseraf
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 4, 2017 7:38:16 AM(UTC)

Athanatos;45622 wrote:
I'm not a developer but as far as I can tell the thing is.

1. No bot is as good as a decent human player,(edit) at least not with all types of decks.
2. There are both specific cards as well as deck archetypes that are exponentially harder for any bot to play.
3. Some cards are only good if you put them in certain deck archetypes, a small time buccaneer is broken in warrior and shaman but for a non weapon class it's useless.
4. This bot is not made for arena, it's made to farm gold, hero portraits and, for some decks, reach high ranks.

You must understand. What are you doing, I would say excuse legni bot developer. What's so hard to make sure that the boat realized synergies cards? Complicated? then why not make a black list of cards, with which the bot can not work? This is not difficult after all.

I want to bot was better quality than it is now, but in fact I rests on the invisible wall even without developer and fanatics bot. Please do not be offended. It looks from the outside.
omgfrost
#9 Posted : Saturday, February 4, 2017 11:08:29 AM(UTC)
omgfrost

Was thanked: 83 time(s) in 66 post(s)
Athanatos;45631 wrote:
I think he calls you a provocateur and a troll, and I know no russian at all

lol
Thagann
#10 Posted : Sunday, February 12, 2017 10:07:23 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 12 post(s)
I've come to accept stupidity in Human being as it is not rare , actually it's quite common
spyscouter
#11 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2017 1:26:54 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 17 post(s)
You should have a smart concede function that uses a RNG to randomly concede. This could be combined with a hard limit on when to concede (say rank 19 - 2 stars). This would be a rather easy function to add in, and would make the bot look much more human, as opposed to ALWAYS conceding after hitting a certain rank. You would have to make sure it didn't randomly concede at rank 20-0 stars though, as that would also be a red flag.