Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Settings.txt for dummies :P be gentle :D
DarkFennec
#1 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2017 9:12:06 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
It is possible to make a clear and easy guide on the settings?
I mean, make a guide where each line is easy to understand and where there are some value from each kind of deck (face, control.. etc..) so we can use a range (min,max) to set-up our settings base on the kind of deck.
I'm saying this because reading each post on the forum it is not clear and no one has made a "tutorial" like that.
Probably when they'll release the next exp on hearthstone we'll see new kind of deck, not only aggro or midrange like now.. and more people, like every one who don't know the language to code, can work on the settings and share the tests on the forum.. i think that if we let more people work more easly on the settings/combo etc.. the more decks will work on the bot. (except the bugs or misplay) :wink:
because the forum its made not only for the bug or misplay but it is made for sharing :smiley:

i'm saying this because tweaking by my self on some deck, like reno/kazak lock and others already working good, sometimes can improve the bot. i know that there's not a science behind this and most of the decks are working just because someone tested it a lot, but giving a range on each line (giving a suggestion on which deck you're working on) can improve the work for everyone.

1 user thanked DarkFennec for this useful post.
RlyFly1 on 1/13/2017(UTC)
Dre
#2 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2017 10:30:45 AM(UTC)

Groups: HSModerator, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 480 time(s) in 315 post(s)
Hi Dark,

To be completely fair every value number apart from Maxwide and Twotsamount have very little impact. And there is no real min-max for Maxwide and Twotsamount. Basicly you can keep upping the numbers untill your logs start printing the messages that you are roping. as a thumbrule you can set a maxwide to test with and then:

twotsamount at 20% of maxwide
enemyTurnMaxWide & enemySecondTurnMaxWide at 10% of enemyTurnMaxWideSecondTime
nextTurnTotalBoards at 20% of twotsamount
nextTurnMaxWide at 10% of nextTurnTotalBoards

But again, the others numbers after Maxwide and Twotsamount don't do much.

On the options you can set to true or false its pretty simple aswell.

simEnemySecondTurn = No-one knows if this works old function by the Original maker of silverfish
playarround = Outdated playarround for aoe, sepe is working on a new one.
useSecretsPlayArround = try's to play around secrets, meta dependant.
simulatePlacement = calculates the best placement for a minion (like defender of argus)

Then whats left are the playmodes which are, and other stuff about this explained in my guide:

http://www.hearthranger....tom-files-and-more.aspx

Read the part: Adept settings.txt for your PC

Beware though, recently the settings.txt got soms adds for network mostly, the settingsgenerator i write about in my guide, still has the old settings, on that bit my guide is a bit outdated, ill changes these bits soon. Or ask the maker of the generator to change his program :)

Also we got the option to write settings.txt per vs class. I also need to add that to the guide.
1 user thanked Dre for this useful post.
omgfrost on 1/13/2017(UTC)
Dre
#3 Posted : Friday, January 13, 2017 10:42:32 AM(UTC)

Groups: HSModerator, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 480 time(s) in 315 post(s)
To add to that.

How cards are played is not rly affected by settings.txt. In the case of Reno it's even VERY hard to make changes to that in combo.txt. The problem with this card is when you are playing manual, you are aware of ALL remaining cards in your deck. So sometimes you are holding Reno in your hand because you know there are some big other healing cards in your deck. But MORE importantly and MORE often you are holding Reno because you know what cards are in the oponents deck. Because you know the meta. When you see 1 or 2 cards, you most likely can guess atleast 20 other cards in his deck.

The bot doesnt know this. So it will play Reno when it think it's right based on your current hand, health, board and if it meets the activator. But not whats left in the deck and surely not whats left in the opponents deck. The bot wil maybe think about your deck cards in the future, but i dont see it happening that it will guess the oponents deck based on the meta.

Hence we need to accept that some decks will never be bottable.