Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Where is new Siverfish version?
IsGeorgy78
#1 Posted : Monday, April 25, 2016 1:20:14 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hello
For several mounts Siverfish version 117.11 has not changed.
Where can I find new updates?
Thanks.
Dre
#2 Posted : Monday, April 25, 2016 4:39:24 PM(UTC)

Groups: HSModerator, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 480 time(s) in 315 post(s)
IsGeorgy78;37281 wrote:
Hello
For several mounts Siverfish version 117.11 has not changed.
Where can I find new updates?
Thanks.

Personally i dont expect a new version of silver, default AI it is from now for me
sepefeets
#3 Posted : Monday, April 25, 2016 6:06:22 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 584 time(s) in 238 post(s)
Dre;37290 wrote:
Personally i dont expect a new version of silver, default AI it is from now for me

Yeah it's looking a bit dire for silverfish, but it's the only AI for Hearthbuddy so they will have to update their version of it. They have a built in version and they can also use botmaker's version, most of the code is the same so whatever work they do could be added to botmaker's version with minimal effort... The big problem though is that it won't be very good if we just get a version that has the bare minimum to support new cards. When botmaker is around he fixes lots of bugs that we find with specific cards and combos but the Bossland guys have only been updating Hearthbuddy to support new patches even though they are missing so many features...
JogadorAbs
#4 Posted : Monday, April 25, 2016 8:10:23 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Dre;37290 wrote:

sepefeets;37291 wrote:
Yeah it's looking a bit dire for silverfish, but it's the only AI for Hearthbuddy so they will have to update their version of it. They have a built in version and they can also use botmaker's version, most of the code is the same so whatever work they do could be added to botmaker's version with minimal effort... The big problem though is that it won't be very good if we just get a version that has the bare minimum to support new cards. When botmaker is around he fixes lots of bugs that we find with specific cards and combos but the Bossland guys have only been updating Hearthbuddy to support new patches even though they are missing so many features...

Wait, why? Botmaker isnt working any longer on SilverFish?

I dont like to complain about the free service from HR, but i let it running for 3 hours today and didnt won a single game with a deck that consistently get me 65% or more wins on rank 20-18. I watched it and it is super slow, it goes "botplayer is working" till it starts roping. Mostly on turn 1 or 2, where there are like less than 10 possible moves.

Im not sure if i set it up properly or what, but it isnt working right now.
sepefeets
#5 Posted : Monday, April 25, 2016 8:52:28 PM(UTC)

botmaker has been missing for 4 months. A little while after WotOG was announced and we were talking about his absence, Joyadmin said something about how silverfish would be updated for WotOG but didn't really say anything more so I'm not sure if he knows something we don't or what...

I'm not sure what AI my HR 5.6.4.0 is using but it plays reasonably fast. I have it set to use silverfish and not fallback to default AI but silver.exe is rarely doing anything, the mulligans seem to match my silverfish _mulligan, and if I close silver.exe then it does nothing, so I think the dll might be doing the calculations most of the time instead of passing them to silver.exe.
JogadorAbs
#6 Posted : Monday, April 25, 2016 10:31:09 PM(UTC)

sepefeets;37294 wrote:
botmaker has been missing for 4 months. A little while after WotOG was announced and we were talking about his absence, Joyadmin said something about how silverfish would be updated for WotOG but didn't really say anything more so I'm not sure if he knows something we don't or what...

I'm not sure what AI my HR 5.6.4.0 is using but it plays reasonably fast. I have it set to use silverfish and not fallback to default AI but silver.exe is rarely doing anything, the mulligans seem to match my silverfish _mulligan, and if I close silver.exe then it does nothing, so I think the dll might be doing the calculations most of the time instead of passing them to silver.exe.

My situation is the same as yours. Silverfish still mulligans for me, but silver.exe does absolulelly nothing, just "waiting for board". It either is a error in the new HR build, not transfering the calculations to silver.exe, or more probably, it is blocked cause of the recent card changes, plus the fact tomorrow WoG goes live and silverfish would go crazy and probably crash.
zerefsz
#9 Posted : Monday, April 25, 2016 11:02:59 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
don't use silverfish, it do more harm than good, better use the default AI.
My silverfish just used power overwhelming on knife juggler just to let it die next turn
IsGeorgy78
#7 Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2016 12:33:27 AM(UTC)

Man

sepefeets;37294 wrote:

I'm not sure what AI my HR 5.6.4.0 is using but it plays reasonably fast.

Could you, please, show your bot settings?
Thanks
IsGeorgy78
#10 Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2016 12:43:13 AM(UTC)

Man

zerefsz;37297 wrote:

My silverfish just used power overwhelming on knife juggler just to let it die next turn

Knife juggler - is updated(nerfed) card. Bot can't recognize it.

zerefsz;37297 wrote:
don't use silverfish, it do more harm than good, better use the default AI.

I tested default AI, but it didn't show good results.
May be some "magic" settings?
sepefeets
#8 Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2016 1:06:47 AM(UTC)

IsGeorgy78;37299 wrote:
Could you, please, show your bot settings?
Thanks

Practically default silverfish settings (5k maxwide, speed false, secrets false, etc.) and HR set to move the mouse pretty fast (0 random wait, 60 mouse speed, 0 hovering idle). I think the main difference between the .dll and the .exe is that the .exe does multithreading well and the .dll might not do it at all? If you have high settings designed to use multiple cores then dropping down to 1 core will need way lower settings.
Dre
#11 Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2016 3:36:08 AM(UTC)

Groups: HSModerator, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 480 time(s) in 315 post(s)
Give Joy some time to get the bot working correctly with the new patch and cards, its a big patch with many changes.

Also in a while, default AI will be able to read _mulligan.txt and some from of _combo.txt - and this is basicly all we used silver for, the plays itself are not much different in default AI, arguably even better sometimes.

Have some fun, play some manual - and give it a few days
sepefeets
#13 Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2016 3:59:39 AM(UTC)

Dre;37311 wrote:
Give Joy some time to get the bot working correctly with the new patch and cards, its a big patch with many changes.

Also in a while, default AI will be able to read _mulligan.txt and some from of _combo.txt - and this is basicly all we used silver for, the plays itself are not much different in default AI, arguably even better sometimes.

One of silverfish's most powerful but littlest known features is its test.txt file to rerun any board from your logs with any settings you choose so that you can write better combos and find better settings without having to run each new test in game and stare at the screen waiting for it to happen. Another is that silver.exe supports multithreading very well. Can we get those things too?
JogadorAbs
#12 Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2016 10:31:32 AM(UTC)

Dre;37311 wrote:

Even when the Default AI isnt broken, silverfish has always been slightly faster.