Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Misplays
ooir
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2016 4:33:37 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Hello folks! I've been thinking about buying subscription but then I saw some terrible misplays today..

For example - I had a Kvaldir Raider on board.. It chose to go face with it (nothing wrong), but after going face, the bot pings enemy face therefore losing 2 damage and making me look stupid.

I know its not that big of a deal, but c'mon, its those little things that usually change the outcome of the game.

Maybe I am doing something wrong, I don't really know, using everything at default settings.
JoyAdmin
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2016 10:11:57 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 4539 time(s) in 1637 post(s)
I'll fix it in next update, thanks for reporting the misplay.
1 user thanked JoyAdmin for this useful post.
anm on 2/28/2016(UTC)
Twister
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 25, 2016 12:11:23 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Ordering plays during one turn seems often to be somewhat akward. (With default A.I. - with 80000/1000 calcs)
That might not be an issue when using silverfish, but i prefer the much faster turn execution of default vs. silver.

Just an example which i often see when botting with mechmage:
Turn 1 - Cogmaster
Turn 2 - Attack with Cogmaster into a minion (i.e. Voidwalker) or face
Turn 2 - Play any other 2mana mech
anm
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 28, 2016 7:31:58 AM(UTC)

I notice it doing things in the wrong order too, it's irritating watching it fail miserably with seemingly simple tasks. Certain deck types do better than others, zoo seems to play nicely since it mostly focuses on trading minions, less importance on the order you play your cards and attack sequences.
contagious86
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 16, 2016 7:18:19 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 15 post(s)
I have noticed the following misplays:

- Bot does not play a card after using a coin.
(Example: It is turn 3, a 2 cost minion is played. Bot uses a coin and ends turn, while it could play a 2 cost minion or not use coin at all)

Suggestion: Don't use coin at all if you are not going to play a card.

- Knife Juggler is treated like a simple card, while he should have the highest priority when coming into play with other minions.
(I have seen multiple times knife juggler being played after 2-3 cards)

Suggestion: If you are going to play knife juggler always play him first. (unless there is a more complicated decision-making involved regarding secrets)

- Sometimes bot refrains from attacking a taunted minion.
(Example: a single 1/2 taunt minion is on the board and its >10 turn. The bot has a giant 8/8. He ends the turn twice without attacking)

Suggestion: If you can kill a taunted minion, kill him. Otherwise it looks stupid and its a red flag that its a bot.

- Sometimes the bot will not concede when opponent has lethal.

- Bot played poorly.
(Example: Bot used 2 fireballs to kill a 8/8 taunt minion, instead of using one fireball and a 2/3 minion from the board.)
(Example: bot tried to kill a 9/7 minion like this: 3 damage from frostbolt +1 damage hero power + 4 damage from ice lance. Meaning that hero power was an overkill and could have been used better.
(Example: bot not using hero power even if there is mana available for it)

I understand that making a smart AI is not an easy task but it seems that there are misplays that could be easily avoided.

ps: calculations are at 40.000, enemy turn calculations are at 1.000, using default deck rule
1 user thanked contagious86 for this useful post.
JoyAdmin on 3/17/2016(UTC)