Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Advice/assistance kindly requested
NaineNoire
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 6, 2016 12:51:32 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Hello community and thanks to all contributors for this fantastic tool.

Apologies in advance as I am not what one would call "up to scratch" with coding and sometimes I hit a wall with things that may sound elementary to most of you.

Installed HR a week ago and ran it on default AI, using my Paladin (initially full aggro, then more mid-rangish). My results thus far have been mixed, twice I managed 72% win rates, then plummeted to 30ies and lately hovering between 40 to 50. It's all good since I mainly intended HR to collect me daily gold but I's like to improve on it. As I am on the trial version, I'd wish my 270 mins to fetch me on average 60-70 gold/day, atm I'm at 40 to 50.

I observed HR in action and was put off by certain misplays. for example, turn 1 Abusive Sergeant/Lance Carrier, Argent Protector shielding already shielded minions, secrets not being played for many turns and several other nuisances. I ended up removing all secrets and all buffing minions but was not happy to do so as it weakened my deck's theme.

I came back to the forums and read extensively, in particular the fine threads by Joy, Dre and Oijkn. I discovered Silverfish as a means to further enhance the options available regarding mulligans and especially combos. As I am a stranger to coding, I hoped I'd be able to copy a set of deck rules applicable to the class/theme I want to play with and use them. Downloaded it today and followed Dre's instructions on how to incorporate it within HR. Proceeded to D/L ASC too.

Ran into some problems in the process; pls note that I run both HR and ASC as Admin.

A. Silver.exe and .dll are supposed to be unlocked - I see no such option under properties.

B. As regards to ASC, extracted it within Silverfish. Upon selecting Aggro Paladin from the drop-down menu I receive the message "silver.exe does not exist". I checked the top-left arrows. followed the Silverfish option and set the directory to ..\Paladin\Aggro with the same result.

In case I got it wrong, my aim at the moment is to be able to initially play an aggro/mid Pala with my desired combos.

Thanks for reading and looking forward to your advice - please excuse my noobness.

JoyAdmin
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 6, 2016 11:40:41 PM(UTC)

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 4539 time(s) in 1637 post(s)
You can try to make it work with silver.dll, after silver.dll is working well, then you can try to use silver.exe, after silver.exe works well too, then you can try to use ASC.
1 user thanked JoyAdmin for this useful post.
NaineNoire on 3/7/2016(UTC)
NaineNoire
#3 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2016 10:11:53 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Thanks for the reply Joy - and re-directing my post to the proper sub-forum.

Managed to unlock the .dlls thanks to Nick Van's helpful post. Basically, re-ran the HR .ini helper.

I now can run HR with the external AI module - Silver v.117.3.

Quote:
5. Open Oijkns ASC tool. Let it update found datasets if it wants. Show to it in the settings the silverfish folder (silverfish.exe needs to be there) and HearthRanger folder (yes the hearthranger.exe file needs to be in there). Leave the tool open
Then open the desktop folder where the tool is. Go to data folder. Go to the class folder you want to bot. In those folders you will find listed decks. Choose one. In Hearthstone, build that deck. Leave HearthStone open too.

Clicked top-left arrows, directed Silver to ..\extern\silverfish. Then directed HR to the HR folder (master folder). In Data under Paladin there are 7 decks listed, including an aggro one composed by Blackoak. His deck choices are different to mine, should I a. create my own aggro version or b. change his deck to reflect mine? - in both cases I miss the card IDs.