Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Suggesting to lower the bot behavior
memisis
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2016 5:22:07 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Hey guys
just found that on reddit
click

they are talking about bots playing secret paladin on rank 5-1
idk if it is our bot here but maybe you guys should take a step back for a few weeks or something
or let the bot act randomly.
Dre
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2016 5:33:43 PM(UTC)

Groups: HSModerator, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 480 time(s) in 315 post(s)
memisis;34652 wrote:
Hey guys
click

idk if it is our bot here but maybe you guys should take a step back for a few weeks or something

All i know is our bot wont get lower then 4 with secretpaladin so not on ranks 3-1 atleast :P But rank 5-4 sure there some of us. The risk is allways there..
heretician
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2016 6:03:23 PM(UTC)
heretician

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 12 post(s)
memisis;34652 wrote:
Hey guys
click

We are one of the smaller bots out there. What Blizzard is focused on is HearthBuddy right now with the lawsuits and what not.

And on top of that there are 5 or 6 other HearthStome bot programs out there.
HearthRanger Administration Team & Lead Forum Admin
sepefeets
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2016 7:52:33 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 584 time(s) in 238 post(s)
Smartbot has its own ai (originally based on silverfish, dunno what changed since cuz they keep it private) and were claiming to have lots of people hitting legend and it looks like they have shut down all their public subforums so it's probably them. Hearthbuddy uses silverfish so it does about equally well as Hearthranger but has way less features and the HB community is pretty dead but they get the most attention because of their wide line of bots for blizz games.
heretician
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2016 8:40:24 PM(UTC)
heretician

sepefeets;34662 wrote:
Smartbot has its own ai (originally based on silverfish, dunno what changed since cuz they keep it private) and were claiming to have lots of people hitting legend and it looks like they have shut down all their public subforums so it's probably them. Hearthbuddy uses silverfish so it does about equally well as Hearthranger but has way less features and the HB community is pretty dead but they get the most attention because of their wide line of bots for blizz games.

Hearthbuddy uses Silverfish but not as many people in the HB community use it as the HR community does. It is updated more regularly than Hearthbuddy.

The large problem with Hearthbuddy and their line of other Blizzard bots is that they recently experienced a banwave on HearthStone. And Blizzard obtained the source to Heroes of the Storm buddy-bot. With that and the constant lawsuits Blizzard has been filing. There soon will be a Hearthbuddy ban wave again I am sure. But HearthRanger is much smaller in the terms of our community and the amount of people that use HR vs HB.
sepefeets
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2016 9:34:15 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 584 time(s) in 238 post(s)
heretician;34666 wrote:
Hearthbuddy uses Silverfish but not as many people in the HB community use it as the HR community does. It is updated more regularly than Hearthbuddy.

Uhhh, what??? Silverfish is the only AI for HB so everybody that uses HB is using silverfish. It is true that HB doesn't update their silverfish builds often enough though.
BongoBengt
#7 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2016 8:18:10 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Got down to rank 4 last season with a Secret Paladin build. Lower then that I guess is hard.
Thrump ran in to the same bot three times in a row: http://www.twitch.tv/trumpsc/v/34737804?t=10m33s

By the way... I have my "Mouse hovering frequency" set to 1, noone hoover as much as the default.
Is more suspicious to have it hoover as much as the default.

If I play myself I rearly never hoover. The only time I do so is perhaps when I calculate on my turn.
Or if something strange drops from a piloted shredder that isn't played as often.

But in general, Secret paladins are now more or less the only bots that can get to lower ranks.
Discover mechanic is currently a little bit to hard for a bot to find out what to choose and Discover is very powerful.
Dre
#8 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2016 8:38:31 AM(UTC)

Man

BongoBengt;34689 wrote:
Got down to rank 4 last season with a Secret Paladin build. Lower then that I guess is hard.
Thrump ran in to the same bot three times in a row: http://www.twitch.tv/trumpsc/v/34737804?t=10m33s

By the way... I have my "Mouse hovering frequency" set to 1, noone hoover as much as the default.

If I play myself I rearly never hoover. The only time I do so is perhaps when I calculate on my turn.
Or if something strange drops from a piloted shredder that isn't played as often.

But in general, Secret paladins are now more or less the only bots that can get to lower ranks.
Discover mechanic is currently a little bit to hard for a bot to find out what to choose and Discover is very powerful.

I watched it live (as i watch Trump every night), it was even 4 times in a row haha, and because of that i decited to lower the hovering of my cards aswell.

But i dont agree on the lower ranks, last month my zoolock got me to rank 4, this month to 5 allready, so not only secretpala
claudiakoen
#14 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2016 10:30:39 AM(UTC)

Yep I have watched Trump also last night, he countered the same bot 4 times in a row... :D
BongoBengt
#12 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2016 1:01:53 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Dre;34690 wrote:
I watched it live (as i watch Trump every night), it was even 4 times in a row haha, and because of that i decited to lower the hovering of my cards aswell.

But i dont agree on the lower ranks, last month my zoolock got me to rank 4, this month to 5 allready, so not only secretpala

Ok, my misstake. Didn't watch it myself.
Good that the Zoolock works. Have to give it a go myself. But I believe the meta is different in Europe.
heretician
#9 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2016 2:34:47 PM(UTC)
heretician

Dre;34690 wrote:

Did you do this with HR with your zoolock? That's nice. Warlock is my second least played class, behind Rogue. Have yet to build a zoolock deck but I've been seeing it on streams a lot lately, might have to give it a go. I don't bot to climb the ladder though, I bot for portrait farming and then towards the end of the month I'll use a non-botting deck to climb ranks.
omgfrost
#13 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2016 3:25:42 PM(UTC)
omgfrost

Was thanked: 83 time(s) in 66 post(s)
BongoBengt;34689 wrote:

That's really kinda scary and also i'm reading the whole chat with ReChat plugin and comments are really hilarious!
I think i'm just gonna use it for quests after watched this... maybe till things will be "better"
Dre
#10 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2016 3:37:45 PM(UTC)

Man

heretician;34708 wrote:
Did you do this with HR with your zoolock? That's nice. Warlock is my second least played class, behind Rogue. Have yet to build a zoolock deck but I've been seeing it on streams a lot lately, might have to give it a go. I don't bot to climb the ladder though, I bot for portrait farming and then towards the end of the month I'll use a non-botting deck to climb ranks.

Yep with HR and Silverfish, read the "project NextGen" tread for more details. I got rank 5-4 with allot of decks each season writing custom files in project Legendary Before, now I try my best to help project NextGen with the same cause.
heretician
#11 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2016 5:53:03 PM(UTC)
heretician

Dre;34714 wrote:
Yep with HR and Silverfish, read the "project NextGen" tread for more details. I got rank 5-4 with allot of decks each season writing custom files in project Legendary Before, now I try my best to help project NextGen with the same cause.

Yeah I've been keeping up to date with that thread. There is going to be some changes done to the HR forums (and a version update) hopefully soon and I'll definitely be keeping NextGen in mind along with Project Legendary in the process. I think it's an important part of HR and the community (those two projects that is) so it has to be an important part of this forum.