Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Secretdin rank 8
WhippWhapp
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2016 3:16:16 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I just wanted to share the deck I have used with default Silverfish AI, no changes, no mulligan, etc.

it hit rank 8 for me last night, I haven't pushed it higher, have been running bot at night on NA server.

It could go higher with mulligan and some tweaks, as I have noticed some boneheaded moves- dropping Muster before Juggler, holding a weapon too long instead of going face, etc.
1 user thanked WhippWhapp for this useful post.
zosodemon on 1/10/2016(UTC)
heretician
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2016 4:09:14 PM(UTC)
heretician

Groups: HSModerator, Registered

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 12 post(s)
I am currently updating BlackOak's mulligans and combos t

Was wondering which _mulligan and _combo text files you are using?
HearthRanger Administration Team & Lead Forum Admin
Dre
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2016 4:16:44 PM(UTC)

Man

Was thanked: 480 time(s) in 315 post(s)
He is saying he didn't use any mulligan or combo. Just default silverfish.

I can say that this excact deck with my mulligan and combo (very similar to backoak secretadin midrange) got me to rank 4 in s21
heretician
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2016 4:21:50 PM(UTC)
heretician

Dre;34644 wrote:
He is saying he didn't use any mulligan or combo. Just default silverfish.

I can say that this excact deck with my mulligan and combo (very similar to backoak secretadin midrange) got me to rank 4 in s21

I see, missed that first part. Have you been making your own mulligans and combos as well? Attach the text files to this post. He ends up using them I'll edit his post and add that attachment to the original post for everyone to see.v
Dre
#7 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2016 4:35:00 PM(UTC)

Man

heretician;34646 wrote:
I see, missed that first part. Have you been making your own mulligans and combos as well? Attach the text files to this post. He ends up using them I'll edit his post and add that attachment to the original post for everyone to see.v

Yes I do, see project nextgen for that. But the mulligan for this are already in blackoak files. (midrange secretadin) read my guide how to set it up: http://www.hearthranger....and-more----Expert.aspx

I see you making a comment about you writing mulligan. I don't know for what decks but allot is covered already. Visit the tread projectnextgen and get on board there if you have a deck and mulligan which reaches rank 10 or lower and is not yet covered. Avoid doing double work.
heretician
#8 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2016 5:07:34 PM(UTC)
heretician

Dre;34647 wrote:
Yes I do, see project nextgen for that. But the mulligan for this are already in blackoak files. (midrange secretadin) read my guide how to set it up: http://www.hearthranger....and-more----Expert.aspx

I see you making a comment about you writing mulligan. I don't know for what decks but allot is covered already. Visit the tread projectnextgen and get on board there if you have a deck and mulligan which reaches rank 10 or lower and is not yet covered. Avoid doing double work.

I am not writing it for any specific deck. It is a basic mulligans and combos txt for people just picking up HearthRanger

Going to working with Joy a lot in the future with making it more easily accessible for a new user to pick up HearthRanger and not needing to research all of this first.

Certainly not to get them to Rank 5 and under with a deck without more customization. Whether or not they have a top tier deck.

Either way, thank you! I have looked through that thread quite a bit, I just like learning on my own to learn the intricacies of all of the code.
Dre
#9 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2016 5:30:11 PM(UTC)

Man

heretician;34651 wrote:
I am not writing it for any specific deck. It is a basic mulligans and combos txt for people just picking up HearthRanger

Going to working with Joy a lot in the future with making it more easily accessible for a new user to pick up HearthRanger and not needing to research all of this first.

Certainly not to get them to Rank 5 and under with a deck without more customization. Whether or not they have a top tier deck.

Either way, thank you! I have looked through that thread quite a bit, I just like learning on my own to learn the intricacies of all of the code.

We been there...but writing a genric mulligan, combo and settings for all decks just turned out way worse then for specfic decks. When we started project legendary we started with genric sets. But soon found out there to many exeptions for certain decks. We changed really quick to splitting them per deck. altough the genric set is still in the blackOak files aswell in the default folder. Ofcourse iam glad for any new input! Just saying that we have been writing and testing mulligan combo and settings for about 4 months straight allready. Just would be a shame if you redo all work. Because we found allot of conclusions allready :)
omgfrost
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2016 6:58:58 PM(UTC)
omgfrost

Was thanked: 83 time(s) in 66 post(s)
heretician;34643 wrote:
I am currently updating BlackOak's mulligans and combos to release one to the general public that will encompass most builds, the basics updated for LoE basically.

Was wondering which _mulligan and _combo text files you are using?

EDIT: I could also easily fix your problems with the mulligans and combos you said you were having at the bottom. The problem is, I don't have Tirion or many other Paladin cards, never played Secret pally; actually have enough dust for a Legendary now and I have Dr. Boom and all of the expansions.

This is from ASC as im always using these but still the juggler been played either the moment it got muster in hand or before muster. Never played alone as a darnassus or cleric counter. Also not attacking with first muster weapon charge.Can you fix as an hybrid way if u can? Reall thanks.

combo

Mulligan

settings
sepefeets
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2016 7:18:28 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 584 time(s) in 238 post(s)
Dre;34644 wrote:

And I got rank 6 s21 with the deck -ragnaros and only pushing on the last couple days.

The muster for battle+juggler problem I already explained in the nextgen thread. If you have play around secrets enabled then it will play them in the wrong order when an enemy has secrets. See the nextgen thread for my updated settings and combo. http://www.hearthranger....erimental.aspx#post34372
1 user thanked sepefeets for this useful post.
omgfrost on 1/10/2016(UTC)
omgfrost
#10 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2016 8:39:53 PM(UTC)
omgfrost

Ok i've set all like you said with playarround false, but still there a "missplay" that bot won't ever play muster at turn 3 even vs mages that is a huge value. Seems like it just waiting for the juggler to be played and never playing muster just to have nice board early turns... that's a bit sad..
sepefeets
#11 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2016 9:32:24 PM(UTC)

omgfrost;34665 wrote:
Ok i've set all like you said with playarround false, but still there a "missplay" that bot won't ever play muster at turn 3 even vs mages that is a huge value. Seems like it just waiting for the juggler to be played and never playing muster just to have nice board early turns... that's a bit sad..

Did you get my combo file too? I've been tweaking the numbers on the juggler/muster combo so that it will play them more liberally but hopefully not too liberally. With blackoak's combo values it was holding them even when there was nothing else in hand sometimes.
omgfrost
#12 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2016 10:04:48 PM(UTC)
omgfrost

sepefeets;34667 wrote:
Did you get my combo file too? I've been tweaking the numbers on the juggler/muster combo so that it will play them more liberally but hopefully not too liberally. With blackoak's combo values it was holding them even when there was nothing else in hand sometimes.

i think this is yours that im using

but is it normal that in silver.exe black box i read: read _combo.txt mulligan.txt twice for both?
PS: it just used once just when he got 4 mana with competitive spirit and that's it...
heretician
#16 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2016 10:30:44 PM(UTC)
heretician

I'm at a toss up on either building a Secret Paladin and getting Tirion or buffing my Tempo Mage with Antonidas.. I think I may go for Paladin, although it's going to cost me a bit more. Building a viable Control Warrior was hard enough.
sepefeets
#13 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2016 11:53:29 PM(UTC)

omgfrost;34670 wrote:
i think this is yours that im using

but is it normal that in silver.exe black box i read: read _combo.txt mulligan.txt twice for both?
PS: it just used once just when he got 4 mana with competitive spirit and that's it...

Yeah that's mine. You might want to try lowering the penalty for muster even more then. You need to change it in both places where GVG_061,35 appears because silverfish uses the highest penalty for the card.

Yeah silverfish has duplicate messages when it reads some of the files.
omgfrost
#14 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2016 12:42:32 AM(UTC)
omgfrost

sepefeets;34676 wrote:
Yeah that's mine. You might want to try lowering the penalty for muster even more then. You need to change it in both places where GVG_061,35 appears because silverfish uses the highest penalty for the card.

Yeah silverfish has duplicate messages when it reads some of the files.

i still didnt get where to change it as im a bit confused with the combo syntax. may you write down an example pls?
mirrorrorrim
#15 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2016 3:31:21 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
omgfrost;34678 wrote:
i still didnt get where to change it as im a bit confused with the combo syntax. may you write down an example pls?

NEW1_019,20;GVG_061,35;bonus:40;hero:pala

From what i got numbers right after the card id is the penalty for playing the card outside of combo. If you increase it even further the only way bot plays the card outside of combo is if it threatens lethal.=

I have changed mine to:

Quote:

NEW1_019,20;GVG_061,25;bonus:40;hero:pala
AT_073,0;nxttrn;GAME_005,5;GVG_061,25;mana:1;bonusfirst:25;bonussecond:10;hero:pala

So good so far. But better test it in casual first or you will end up being like me

<_<
1 user thanked mirrorrorrim for this useful post.
omgfrost on 1/11/2016(UTC)
omgfrost
#17 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2016 10:41:01 AM(UTC)
omgfrost

I'll give it a try thanks.
Just came here and stopped while running over night:

Rank 10 and i had to put loatheb and a conse instead of rag e 1 kings...

Also i just noticed the % doesn't change in the queue mode here:

Is this normal?